The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool are reportedly considering making a move for Wigan midfielder James McCarthy - who rejected a transfer to Merseyside in 2009.

The 20-year-old instead opted to secure a switch to the DW Stadium from Hamilton Academical, something which even baffled Wigan boss Roberto Martinez.

“I have always been a big admirer of James and I followed his career for a long time. When a youngster gets to play at such a young age it makes you sit up and take notice," said Martinez.

“That meant I was delighted when he made that rather strange decision not to go to a top, top club like Liverpool. I think that decision is being proved right now.”

Now, according to The People, Liverpool are ready to test Wigan's resolve for the highly-rated youngster by tabling a bid of around £7 million.

Despite Wigan occupying the bottom spot in the Barclays Premier League, McCarthy has still managed to catch the eye of a number of clubs - and it has previously been claimed that Chelsea will rival Liverpool for his signature.

However, The People also alleges that Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is convinced he can persuade the Republic of Ireland international to choose Anfield over Stamford Bridge.

Good!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Liverpool are reportedly considering making a move for Wigan midfielder James McCarthy - who rejected a transfer to Merseyside in 2009.

The 20-year-old instead opted to secure a switch to the DW Stadium from Hamilton Academical, something which even baffled Wigan boss Roberto Martinez.

“I have always been a big admirer of James and I followed his career for a long time. When a youngster gets to play at such a young age it makes you sit up and take notice," said Martinez.

“That meant I was delighted when he made that rather strange decision not to go to a top, top club like Liverpool. I think that decision is being proved right now.”

Now, according to The People, Liverpool are ready to test Wigan's resolve for the highly-rated youngster by tabling a bid of around £7 million.

Despite Wigan occupying the bottom spot in the Barclays Premier League, McCarthy has still managed to catch the eye of a number of clubs - and it has previously been claimed that Chelsea will rival Liverpool for his signature.

However, The People also alleges that Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is convinced he can persuade the Republic of Ireland international to choose Anfield over Stamford Bridge.

Good!

Looks like we beat Everton to it.

Fulham have signed 18-year-old defender Dan Burn from Darlington, which should secure the Blue Square Bet Premier club's future.

Read more: Fulham sign Darlinton defender Dan Burn | Mail Online

Seem to have been courting a lot of young players this season.

Another signed from Darlington(other being Stockdale). Wonder though, after playing only 10 games if he is worth the punt this early...

Guillem Balague said before on Twitter that United an Athletico Madrid have agreed a fee for De Gea an its just up to him now. Apparently the chief executive confirmed it.

Very reliable he is especially with Spanish player transfers. He said Torres wanted to go before anyone.

Looks like United could have yet another top keeper for a long time..

Guillem Balague is a legend he is spot on with his Spanish football, Really hoping De Gea signs he would be my first choice for a new signing but wished VDS never had to retire :(

Another signed from Darlington(other being Stockdale). Wonder though, after playing only 10 games if he is worth the punt this early...

Yeah, supposed to be decent on the ball and decent in the air but then again he is 6'6. David Moyes has gone to watch his last two games and a number of clubs had eyes on him. Could blossom because the deal is suppose to be worth up to £2 Million.

Guillem Balague said before on Twitter that United an Athletico Madrid have agreed a fee for De Gea an its just up to him now. Apparently the chief executive confirmed it.

Very reliable he is especially with Spanish player transfers. He said Torres wanted to go before anyone.

Just to add onto this, seems like Atletico want the transfer to be done on their own terms so Jorge Mendes who has helped negotiate us with the transfers of Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Bebe will not be involved.

Manchester United told to pay €25m for Spain goalkeeper David de Gea - Telegraph

Yeah, supposed to be decent on the ball and decent in the air but then again he is 6'6. David Moyes has gone to watch his last two games and a number of clubs had eyes on him. Could blossom because the deal is suppose to be worth up to £2 Million.

Hopefully another pick from down in the lower leagues just like Smalling and Stockdale.

Benni McCarthy has apparently left West Ham and i reckon we (SWFC) could offer him a contract :)

Udinese keeper Handanovic added to Man Utd shortlist

Inter Milan will step aside and allow Manchester City to buy Udinese star Alexis Sanchez, provided City accept Inter's offer of £25m for striker Carlos Tevez.
Full story: Talksport

There was plenty of talk around Old Trafford last night before/after the game about De Gea coming in during the summer. Would be a fantastic signing, young keeper with plenty of potential. Watched him a couple of times, tall but atheltic keeper, brilliant shot stopper. Ideal replacement for the legend that is Edwin Van der Sar.

Sweet |)

Guillem Balague is a legend he is spot on with his Spanish football, Really hoping De Gea signs he would be my first choice for a new signing but wished VDS never had to retire :(

Yeah, VDS is still world class and has probably been the best keeper in the league this season. Let's hope his final game will be a victory in the CL final.

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea has again played down speculation he is set to join Manchester United in the summer.
Reports regularly suggest the Spanish youngster has agreed the move while Atletico chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin last night claimed both United and Chelsea have made offers for the goalkeeper.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insists such claims are premature and the player himself has echoed those comments.
"I haven't signed anything," the 20-year-old said. "I'm happy here and have a contract until 2013, so now the essential target is to get the team into Europe and when the league finishes, we'll see.
Until the end of the season, nothing will be decided.
"I've been with Atletico for many years and have real affection for the club.
"If Atletico want to fight for me then it would be very difficult to leave. It is my club forever."
Gil Marin told Cadena SER radio: "We've received offers from both United and Chelsea, while he also has an offer from us to renew his deal.
"We'd like him to stay here, but David's future is entirely in his own hands."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back