The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, okay then. To be honest, 15 million is way too much.

The 15m rumour turned into 8m + Konchesky, which is a joke. I'd say 12-15m would be fair for Enrique though, there aren't many better left backs. Hope we don't lose him this summer.

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea has again played down speculation he is set to join Manchester United in the summer.
Reports regularly suggest the Spanish youngster has agreed the move while Atletico chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin last night claimed both United and Chelsea have made offers for the goalkeeper.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insists such claims are premature and the player himself has echoed those comments.
"I haven't signed anything," the 20-year-old said. "I'm happy here and have a contract until 2013, so now the essential target is to get the team into Europe and when the league finishes, we'll see.
Until the end of the season, nothing will be decided.
"I've been with Atletico for many years and have real affection for the club.
"If Atletico want to fight for me then it would be very difficult to leave. It is my club forever."
Gil Marin told Cadena SER radio: "We've received offers from both United and Chelsea, while he also has an offer from us to renew his deal.
"We'd like him to stay here, but David's future is entirely in his own hands."

to be fair its hardly played down, thats exactly how it stood in the first place. Its upto De Gea whether he stays or goes

Atletico Madrid have revealed that they got offers from Chelsea and Man United....

Why on earth would Chelsea bid for him? They got Cech.

Atletico reveal De Gea bids | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Well considering if Cech suffers an injury and is out for a few games and all we have o replace him is Hilario and Turnbull Im not suprised. Last time Cech was out I believe was against City at home last season and look how **** our backup keeper was. I would love to see a new young Keeper at Chelsea in the summer.

Last edited:
The 15m rumour turned into 8m + Konchesky, which is a joke. I'd say 12-15m would be fair for Enrique though, there aren't many better left backs. Hope we don't lose him this summer.

With his contract situation in the way it is though. 8M + Koncheskey would be great. Just to get him the **** away.

Well considering if Cech suffers an injury and is out for a few games and all we have o replace him is Hilario and Turnbull Im not suprised. Last time Cech was out I believe was against City at home last season and look how **** our backup keeper was. I would le to see a new young Keeper at Chelsea in the summer.

IMHO there is NO way De Gea will go to Chelsea 'cos he is getting regular playing time, why would you give that up when to go to Chelsea and sit on there subs bench?.

Well considering if Cech suffers an injury and is out for a few games and all we have o replace him is Hilario and Turnbull Im not suprised. Last time Cech was out I believe was against City at home last season and look how **** our backup keeper was. I would le to see a new young Keeper at Chelsea in the summer.

So you think you should spend around 20m on De Gea because your back ups are bad?

IMHO there is NO way De Gea will go to Chelsea 'cos he is getting regular playing time, why would you give that up when to go to Chelsea and sit on there subs bench?.

I cant see De Gea joning Chelsea either but say if he did who knows he could end up putting Cech on the bench by playing well. Like look at Joe Hart this season keeping Given on the City bench. I know Given is alot older then Cech but his still a great keeper.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

So you think you should spend around 20m on De Gea because your back ups are bad?

20 million is very expensive especially for a backup keeper but what I am saying is I would rather have two goalkeepers who are both good keers and can be trusted to play well each game rather then have 3 keepers in which there is only 1 that I personally trust when he plays which is Cech.

Last edited:
I cant see De Gea joning Chelsea either but say if he did who knows he could end up putting Cech on the bench by playing well. Like look at Joe Hart this season keeping Given on the City bench. I know Given is alot older then Cech but his still a great keeper.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

20 million is very expensive especially for a backup keeper but what I am saying is I would rather have two goalkeepers who are both good keers and can be trusted to play well each game rather then have 3 keepers in which there is only 1 that I personally trust when he plays which is Cech.

De Gea is far too good to sitt on the bench. Even Shay Given is unhappy at City bench and is leaving in the summer for 1st team football.

De Gea is even better than Shay. He is still young and improving. It wouldn't be good for him to sitt on the bench. Because he will be the number 1 keeper in Spain after Casillas hangs his boots. Or retires from international level or De Gea just simply overtakes him.

He is a really good keeper. Very young and sometimes makes mistakes because he is inexperienced. But he will improve with age.

Newcastle & QPR to go head to head for outgoing Barca forward Nolito.

Interesting, don't know much about him but he's from Barcelona so I would certainly welcome him

Heard Crystal Palace were involved too. Not sure if I'm too keen given the calibre of other clubs in for him.

Heard Crystal Palace were involved too. Not sure if I'm too keen given the calibre of other clubs in for him.

I have ssen him play a few times for Barca B, and he looks very good, he wants to leave as he is stuck behind Messi, Villa and Bojan, and wants to move to get 1st Team Football, which QPR and Palace would almost certainly offer, although he would be rotational at Newcastle I would think.

Free transfer though, can't fail TBH.

We don't seem to do great with strikers coming from the Spanish league. Look at Luque, Xisco and Kluivert. Although, Enrique/Jonas/Collo have all come from BBVA and done well for us.

I have ssen him play a few times for Barca B, and he looks very good, he wants to leave as he is stuck behind Messi, Villa and Bojan, and wants to move to get 1st Team Football, which QPR and Palace would almost certainly offer, although he would be rotational at Newcastle I would think.

Ah didn't see that he was going out of contract. Also just read this and like the sound of him, although Pardew has said he wants to play Ben Arfa behind a single striker, would limit his chances here unless Pardew changes his plans.

Oh, they can! They take a higher wage because they're in demand, and require a larger signing on fee.

Transfer news: Liverpool target PSG defender Mamadou Sakho if bid for Bolton's Gary Cahill fails - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool will turn to France's next major star Mamadou Sakho if their campaign to land Gary Cahill ends in failure.

Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish has earmarked the Bolton and England centre half as a major priority when he is given funds in the summer.

But the Reds manager is painfully aware that Wanderers are determined to hold out until the bidding reaches £20million.

And with moneybags Manchester City also in the race, Dalglish has wisely lined up a back-up, with 21-year-old Sakho his preferred choice.

The Paris St Germain defender has already made a massive impact in France after winning his first full cap in the recent victory over England.

Sakho is doubly attractive because he can also play left back as well as centre half, and would cost only half the fee Cahill is likely to command.

Dalglish has other targets, with Aston Villa's Ashley Young, Charlie Adam of Blackpool and Ipswich wonderboy Connor Wickham, who only turned 18 last week, on his list.

The Liverpool boss wants to concentrate on exciting young stars, after presiding over a massive improvement in the youth structure at Anfield since he returned to the club 18 months ago.

King Kenny gave teenager John Flanagan his debut against City on Monday night, and wasn't disappointed as the defender turned in an immaculate performance.

And his display was further proof of the giant strides made with young players coming through the ranks in the past 12 months.

Dalglish originally returned to the club as an ambassador with special responsibility for academy recruitment, and he has maintained that interest by promoting several kids into his first team squad.

Liverpool have seriously failed to develop young, local talent in the past decade, since Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher burst onto the scene at the end of the 1990s.

Yet this season Jay Spearing and Martin Kelly have already established themselves, along with Jonjo Shelvey and now Flanagan knocking at the door.

Other exciting young stars such as Conor Coady, Jack Robinson, Andre Wisdom, Raheem Sterling and 16 year old goalscoring sensation Adam Morgan all seem to have a big future at Anfield, and Dalglish wants to ensure that happens by continuing to identify the best young talent.

Flanagan showed enough in 90 minutes against England winger James Milner to suggest he can make the grade, and previous academy graduate Carragher believes it is a massive boost for the future of the club.

"I'm delighted for John and I think it gives the whole club a lift when you see a local lad come through - the supporters love it," he said.

"I think at the Academy it gives all of them a lift. The young lads at the Academy, it shows them it can be done.

"There's a bit of competition now between him and Kelly for the local lads. It's great for everyone really that you've got two local lads like that coming through.

"To be honest there's a few more down there so it's up to them lads to take their chance. Flanno's done that, but I'm pretty confident that there are more down there."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back