The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sources in France say Newcastle have had 5m bid for Cheik M'Bengue turned down by Toulouse - Newcastle Have £5M Offer For French Left-Back Rejected

Writing on the wall for Enrique??? Or competition for him?

To be fair, if we did get 12-15m for José, and could bring in another good LB for 5-7m, I wouldn't complain. I still think we need a new keeper, one with a bit of experience untill Krul or Forster are ready for regular first team football. and we could do that with 7-10m we could make from these two transfers.

But our main priority should be a striker.

To be fair, if we did get 12-15m for José, and could bring in another good LB for 5-7m, I wouldn't complain. I still think we need a new keeper, one with a bit of experience untill Krul or Forster are ready for regular first team football. and we could do that with 7-10m we could make from these two transfers.

But our main priority should be a striker.

M'Bengue has shown huge quality this season for Toulouse, and I would be happy. 12m for Jose, a 6m profit, and signing a top young full-back with change to spare. Krul looks to be quality, but still has immature moments. Forster has had a season of 1st team football, European too, so he may come back ready.

TBH, 2 strikers, Right Winger(hopefully Gervinho), and some cover for RB will be good business. Sell Perch, Smith, Routledge, Best to drum up a little extra cash(not much though)

De Gea said he didn't sign with manchester, yesterday at least.

As for Nolito, he has already a pre-contract with Benfica.

If Newcastle need a keeper. You can take Shay Given back :D

We aren't in desperate need of one. Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Fraser Forster are three EPL quality GKs, and the latter pair will get better and better.

If Newcastle need a keeper. You can take Shay Given back :D

Even if we needed one I wouldn't take him back. Yes he was a great and loyal keeper for 12 years, but he turned his back on us in the relegation season to chase money and trophies. He was worth at the very least a point, which would have kept us up. Luckily relegation was a good thing for us.

wtf would be the point? He's past it and has been for a while, unfortunately.

For a finished a player, he has got 13 goals in 39 games for Man Utd when fit... That is one in three. a very good rational for any club. If he can be kept fit, a massive if, i know. He is a very good striker.

Just say a rumour that Bale had confirmed a transfer to MUTD, not sure with what money though

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is set to use summer transfer funds to buy one big star and rely on younger players from the academy for squad depth.

Nor true I'm afraid :)

Not saying it isn't; but can you explain how you'd know this.....

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is set to use summer transfer funds to buy one big star and rely on younger players from the academy for squad depth.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure what to make of this, it's clear we need a bigger & better squad so need more players, but to be fair the academy guys have shown what they can do when they step up - Sterling, Kelly, Flanagan. Hopefully time for Sterling, Suso & Pacheco to get in on the act as well now.

The only possible reason we would have for selling Bale would be if we didn't make the CL. But considering we still have a chance of top4 we would not have agreed to sell Bale, to united of all teams. False.

You keep forgetting that CJ thinks Spurs are like the biggest team in the world, who dont sell there best players the minute they get world class.... Come on Alex, accept Spurs are best team in the world already.

You keep forgetting that CJ thinks Spurs are like the biggest team in the world, who dont sell there best players the minute they get world class.... Come on Alex, accept Spurs are best team in the world already.

The only possible reason we would have for selling Bale would be if we didn't make the CL. But considering we still have a chance of top4 we would not have agreed to sell Bale, to united of all teams. False.

that explains nothing

They could agreed a deal in principle for all we know, not saying it is true or false, but you literally have no idea, you are just guessing.

They could agreed a deal in principle for all we know, not saying it is true or false, but you literally have no idea, you are just guessing.

More Chance of us signing up Sheringham on 100k a week on a 6 year deal. Jus sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back