The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermm, Arsenal? I know that SAF aksed Eden in a letter would he join man utd and his answered yes. But if he signed new contract, i also doubt he'll move this summer.

Hazard has said he doesn't want to come to England. If he moves, expect it to be RM who come a' knocking.

^^

I think he has just signed a new deal at Lille who looks like they will be in the CL next season so i think he will stay for one more year. The only English club i think he would join is unfortuantly a club that dont pay over the odds for players (i dont think we need to say what club it is). I can see him moving to Italy or Spain at the end of next season.

Heh.

Last edited:
SAF confirmed few months ago.

Have you got a source for this? The only letter I've heard about regarding Sir Alex and potential targets, is the "get well soon'' letter he sent to Steven Defour. If he's sent a letter to Eden asking if he'd join us, that's tapping up.

Have you got a source for this? The only letter I've heard about regarding Sir Alex and potential targets, is the "get well soon'' letter he sent to Steven Defour. If he's sent a letter to Eden asking if he'd join us, that's tapping up.

Yep, he sent letters to Defour and Hazard. I read it few months ago and I can't remember the source, sorry. I think you can find it on Man Utd official page.

You know they will lol, all you need is Wenger in charge and you will have the whole package. (maybe wrong choice of word).

You really dislike Wenger, don't you? I know this is an odd thing to get worked up about etc. but I really wish the Wenger bashing in terms of paedophilia etc. would stop - It happened at WHL last night and really annoys me.

This ^.

Yep, he sent letters to Defour and Hazard. I read it few months ago and I can't remember the source, sorry. I think you can find it on Man Utd official page.

I doubt it would be on the official MUFC page - as 'Munroe' says; that's blatant tapping up.

Also, as I KEEP saying; Hazard doesn't want to come to England:

Eden Hazard warning to Arsenal and Liverpool: I'd rather play in Spain | Mail Online

Eden Hazard's agent 'snubs Arsenal and Manchester United advances' | Metro.co.uk

Telling a player you want to sign him isn't tapping up. Entering into a discussion around terms and offering a contract without first getting permission from the players current club is tapping up.

You really dislike Wenger, don't you? I know this is an odd thing to get worked up about etc. but I really wish the Wenger bashing in terms of paedophilia etc. would stop - It happened at WHL last night and really annoys me.

I dont hate Wenger at all. All the time Arsenal arnt winning things im pro Wenger i really am. Its just a joke that because he always relies on his kids thats all.

Telling a player you want to sign him isn't tapping up. Entering into a discussion around terms and offering a contract without first getting permission from the players current club is tapping up.

Approaching a player under contract with another club about signing him is tapping up. Don't think it has to go as far as offering terms.. Obviously if you approach a player and say "I want to sign you" - there's a big chance that he could ask for a transfer from his club/be disruptive in the changing room which means that the club then effectively HAS to sell him.

If it's not strictly "tapping up", it's certainly v. unprofessional and I doubt MUFC official would publish it. Especially considering what happened when their TV station aired his comments about Atkinson..

Im going to repeat:
Im not claiming anything. I just read those somewhere. I, personally, don't belive in that, cuz I think SAF would never confirm anything till the very last day.

Clubs, agents, managers, 'sporting directors' even board members (Spain + Italy especially) are in constant contact with players and agents at other clubs, discussing transfers is bound to come up in conversation pretty regularly.

It's part of the grey area of football thats not strictly tapping up, but nor is it totally legit, and it thats rarely reported on. THAT Panorama documentary attempting to uncover the truth merely scratched the surface.

Last edited:
Is the rumours about Sahin having a 6m release clause in his contract true? Just wanted to know.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Tevez would be almost a done deal for Inter, although he would reconsider if City secure that CL spot.

OTOH Arsenal and Tottenham have apparently shown interest in Milito, who wouldn't stay at Inter considering current competition + Tevez.

QPR to sign Wayne Routledge permanently after his contract was terminated by Newcastle.

Still not any confirmation that Routledge's contract has been terminated. Rumours suggest he could be used as bait in the summer for Newcastle to land Adel Taraabt

United to bid for Mascherano according to our local media. An unnamed English team is said to have enquired for River Plate's Adalberto Román, I'll see if I can get something more solid on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back