The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kranjcar never appears lazy if that's what the issue is with Menez, to be honest I don't watch much Serie A football. He can play both a simple passing game or more ambitious. If we didn't have so many midfielders at Arsenal I wouldn't mind him playing for us.
good to hear that. i guess me and my fellow roma fans would rejoice to see a new face willing to give everything to the team and STILL being able to play an ambitious passing game. i'm quite tired of players who run like they have a dog following them for 90 mins but who can't pass the ball for their lives' sake

now that i think about it, newspapers in italy keep on saying that several english clubs are more than willing to spend some cash on vucinic (spurs) and menez (arsenal). any glimpse of truth about that or just rumours for the lulz?

now that i think about it, newspapers in italy keep on saying that several english clubs are more than willing to spend some cash on vucinic (spurs) and menez (arsenal). any glimpse of truth about that or just rumours for the lulz?

Any links between Arsenal and Menez have been minimal over here, I wouldn't count on that move happening.

Kranjcar's fantastic, I'd love him at Liverpool; real quality. Would rip up Italy.
you and me both :D
I'm from Croatia so i had the chance to watch him throughout his career and i think he could bring a new dimension to LFC.

Though by no means unheard of, player movement between high profile clubs in the Premiership is financially prohibitive & like drawing teeth - as we at LFC know more than most - which is why foreign-based targets are more likely to arrive than Kranjkar. I'd expect the Spuds to sell him abroad rather than make a domestic rival stronger.

Chelsea are understood to have sent a scout to Benfica's Europa League clash with Braga to watch Fabio Coentrao.

Blues check on Coentrao | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Hmm - wonder what CJACKO thinks of this considering he's been bigging up PVA & Bertrand as long-term replacements for Cashley.

Would be a good signing, though if you can afford him in the midst of the FFP regulations and considering you splashed out in Jan and still need back-up elsewhere. LB isn't really a top priority at the moment, surely?

Hmm - wonder what CJACKO thinks of this considering he's been bigging up PVA & Bertrand as long-term replacements for Cashley.

Would be a good signing, though if you can afford him in the midst of the FFP regulations and considering you splashed out in Jan and still need back-up elsewhere. LB isn't really a top priority at the moment, surely?

unlikely to happen, they are much more likely to sign van der weil, since ferreira and boswinga are likely to leave

That's never stopped them before.

I agree I would rather Chelsea maybe sign a winger or two as we really dont have any wingers and the likes of Anelka, Malouda etc are aging.

Coentrao would cost 20-25m. Van Der Wiel would cost 10-15m. It's clear that Chelsea doesn't need another Lb because Cole still has 1-3 good seasons left i think.

Coentrao would cost 20-25m. Van Der Wiel would cost 10-15m. It's clear that Chelsea doesn't need another Lb because Cole still has 1-3 good seasons left i think.

Really hope (but doubt) Arsenal go in for Van Der Wiel. Quality RB but not sure he would be happy at being 2nd choice to be fair.

We need cover for Sagna (IMO - best RB in the league, bar maybe Ivanovic).

Do Chelsea have any chance of splashing out on Bale? Assuming Spurs don't get CL football.. He'd be an ideal signing for them IMO and show they mean business but do they have a good £30m to splash out?

Really hope (but doubt) Arsenal go in for Van Der Wiel. Quality RB but not sure he would be happy at being 2nd choice to be fair.

Do Chelsea have any chance of splashing out on Bale? Assuming Spurs don't get CL football.. He'd be an ideal signing for them IMO and show they mean business but do they have a good £30m to splash out?

Spurs would be even less inclined to sell to chelsea

I dont want Bale in a Chelsea shirt if it means paying not to far behind what Chelsea paid for El Nino.

Good point, but isn't he an AML as well, maybe it's that spot there strengthening?

Good point, but isn't he an AML as well, maybe it's that spot there strengthening?

Exacly the point i was going to make? I have seen somthing in him which could lead him to do a Bale type situation (become more of an attacking player than defensive). If Malouda leaves which i still can see happening then we might need a left sided player even if we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2.

Hope we sign Van Der Wiel too though. Get rid of Bosingwa for 5ish million i rekon and replace him with the young Dutchman.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

He would be an ideal signing your right and i would love to see him in a Chelsea shirt but no way will Spurs sell to Chelsea.

I dont want Bale in a Chelsea shirt if it means paying not to far behind what Chelsea paid for El Nino.

Why not? He is only going to get better and i think he is worth 30million+ at the moment.

According to Goal.com there's no agreement as of yet between United and Raphael Varane:

Your current contract with Lens runs until 2015, but will you leave if the club drops to Ligue 2?
R.V. :
I don't know that yet. We have yet to discuss it. We'll have to wait until the end of the season to discuss this with the direction. There are a lot of European clubs that are interested in signing me, but I want to focus on playing football for now. We'll see what happens after the season.

There are rumours about an agreement with Manchester United, is there any truth in this?
R.V. :
There's no concrete interest from Man Utd. No promises or offers. There has been contact from Manchester United's side, but also from other clubs. I don't pay too much attention to it. This kind of thing will pass.

Paul Robinson could leave Blackburn if they fail to stay up:

When quizzed about his future, Robinson was quoted as saying by the Daily Telegraph: "That can wait until the end of the season as we've to concentrate on keeping Blackburn up.

"But as long as we remain a Premier League club, I will be here next season."

According to his agent, Lavezzi has been followed by Liverpool this year, and a formal offer could be on the cards:

Lavezzi's agent, Jose Alberti, says Liverpool could make a move for him in the summer.

"Lavezzi has been followed by Liverpool for 12 months and they could make a bid for his services," Alberti said.

Exacly the point i was going to make? I have seen somthing in him which could lead him to do a Bale type situation (become more of an attacking player than defensive). If Malouda leaves which i still can see happening then we might need a left sided player even if we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2.

Hope we sign Van Der Wiel too though. Get rid of Bosingwa for 5ish million i rekon and replace him with the young Dutchman.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

He would be an ideal signing your right and i would love to see him in a Chelsea shirt but no way will Spurs sell to Chelsea.

Why not? He is only going to get better and i think he is worth 30million+ at the moment.

To be fair - Sp*rs might not have a huge say in the matter. If Chelsea trump up £30m ish and Bale wants UCL football - they can't keep him. Can see him going to Utd, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back