The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Madrid have today been linked with a £30million summer move for Chelsea's captain John Terry. I know Terry has said many times he wants to stay at Chelsea for ever but I wonder if the big man would move to a much bigger club and reunite with Jose Mourinho.

Real Madrid have today been linked with a £30million summer move for Chelsea's captain John Terry. I know Terry has said many times he wants to stay at Chelsea for ever but I wonder if the big man would move to a much bigger club and reunite with Jose Mourinho.

Not for me, Chelsea man through and through, if they are to be reunited it will be at Chelsea

Speculation linking John Terry with a move to the Bernabéu during the summer. In a rumour that just doesn't stack up no matter what way you scrutinise it, La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that José Mourinho wants to bring his former Chelsea captain to Real Madrid. But we're not buying that one, not least because we reckon (a) the Special One will leave the club during the summer, (b) a little birdie once told us Terry may have been instrumental in getting Mourinho the bullet from Stamford Bridge, (c) Real Madrid are unlikely to be interested in signing a 30-year-old with three years remaining on his contract and (d) the chances of Terry going to live in the Spanish capital seem about as remote as our chances of convincing Kate Middleton to ditch Prince William at the altar and marry us in Croydon registry office instead.

With Tottenham Hotspur's chances of playing Champions League football next season looking increasingly bleak, Chelsea will attempt to prise PFA Player of the Year Gareth Bale away from White Hart Lane with a £40m bid that modern mores dictate we describe as "audacious". Stamford Bridge suits will also use a big-money offer in an attempt to turn the head of Ajax right-back Gregory van der Wiel, if the Mirror is to be believed.

The Rumour Mill likes nothing better than a good old-fashioned "sensational double-swoop" and was therefore intrigued to learn that "Italian giants Juventus" are circling Eastlands, with one beady eye trained on Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini and the other on defender Micah Richards, according to Italian newspaper Tuttosport. Languishing in seventh place in the Serie A table, with no chance whatsoever of securing Champions League football next season, La Vecchia Signora would have to be at her most seductive to lure either man to the Stadio Olimpico di Torino.

Andrey Arshavin has taken to sporting an amusing Eastern bloc-style sensible haircut similar to that of former Emirates stalwart Oleg Luzhny in a bid to stand out from the herd. Enjoy it while it lasts – aware that patience with the Russian must be wearing thin in north London, the Zenit St Petersburg sporting director Igor Korneev has offered to re-sign the underachieving midfielder should Arsène Wenger decide to show him the door. "Zenit's doors are always open for Andrey," said Korneev. "If his situation at Arsenal does not improve and he's not comfortable in London, we can study this issue in time for next season."

And finally, Manchester United still yearn for Bayern Munich's French midfielder Franck Ribéry and look to have beaten Roma, Bayern Munich and Arsenal in the race to secure the scrawl of £3m-rated Lens defender Raphael Varane, who is equally French.

Fergie beats Wenger to French starlet
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson looks to have beaten Arsenal in the race to sign French youngster Raphael Varane.

Fergie is close to tying up a £3million deal for the Lens defender who turned 18 yesterday.

The Old Trafford chief has teed up the move, despite 6ft 3in Varane signing a new contract recently.

He is the surprise name on United’s transfer hit-list and insiders reveal the deal is ‘nearly done’.

Varane, who can play centre-half or defensive midfield, has already made his Lens debut and is the stand-out player in France’s youth sides.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is usually the king of the transfer market in his homeland, but Ferguson seems to have sneaked under the radar for Varane and expects to have him signed up soon.

(not sure where this article comes from as I have taken it from the Manchester United discussion thread)

Still interested in Ribery..hmm...if we swap Nani for Sneijder, then the Frenchman wouldn't be a bad replacement.

Saw on a link on facebook that Chelsea have beaten Barcelona to the signing of Romelu Lukaku for 18 milbut dont belive it myself as the link is the sun newspaper.

Saw on a link on facebook that Chelsea have beaten Barcelona to the signing of Romelu Lukaku for 18 milbut dont belive it myself as the link is the sun newspaper.

They haven't beaten anything. The article said Barca have pulled out of the race to sign Lukaku (presumably because they'll be signing Rossi for €28m) but I'm sure they'll be a few other teams looking to sign the kid in the summer.

To action, then, and news that Barcelona's decision to pull out of the chase for Anderlecht's £18m Belgian wonderkid Romelu Lukaku has left the way clear for Chelsea to steal in, snap him up, stick him in their reserves for three years and then send him on loan to Bolton. But Chelsea's No1 target remains Brazil's Neymar, with "a source close to Roman Abramovich last night confirming Neymar was still on the radar," according to the Star. Expect a busy summer at Stamford Bridge then, with the Mirror asserting that Carlo Ancelotti, or whoever it's going to be, is planning a major summer clearout, with Nicolas Anelka and Florent Malouda among those heading for the exit. Paulo Ferreira, José Bosingwa and Yuri Zhirkov are also on their way out, as the Blues aim to tweak their tactics to leave themselves with a first XI in which Fernando Torres can actually play without ruining everything.

They haven't beaten anything. The article said Barca have pulled out of the race to sign Lukaku (presumably because they'll be signing Rossi for €28m) but I'm sure they'll be a few other teams looking to sign the kid in the summer.

A belgian source tweeted that City and Spurs are in pole position to sign him. Dunno how reliable. He is going to england so it's going to be someone of the top clubs.

Not surprising he desires the move, he has obvious quality but isn't being played half as much as he would like. Really think he could shine in Italy.
looks like he might come to my team. i haven't seen him playing that much. what kind of player is he (mentally, i mean)? determinated? not very constant? i'm afraid we might get another menez

looks like he might come to my team. i haven't seen him playing that much. what kind of player is he (mentally, i mean)? determinated? not very constant? i'm afraid we might get another menez

To be quite honest, he hasn't seemed incredibly consistent, that's one of the reasons he can't keep a first team spot at Spurs. However, I'm of the belief that if he was a favoured player, played every possible game then he'd perform well almost every time. There have also been a few moments where Tottenham are looking like losing/drawing and he creates that little bit of magic that completely changes the game, so determined enough to keep on pushing until the final whistle, that's for sure.

A belgian source tweeted that City and Spurs are in pole position to sign him. Dunno how reliable. He is going to england so it's going to be someone of the top clubs.

I hope it's Spurs, I have a soft spot for them & I'd love to see him the Premiership...just not at Chelsea or City.

To be quite honest, he hasn't seemed incredibly consistent, that's one of the reasons he can't keep a first team spot at Spurs. However, I'm of the belief that if he was a favoured player, played every possible game then he'd perform well almost every time. There have also been a few moments where Tottenham are looking like losing/drawing and he creates that little bit of magic that completely changes the game, so determined enough to keep on pushing until the final whistle, that's for sure.
we already have a couple of players like him, them, i.e. menez and vucinic. to be honest, mirko has been way more consintent than menez, who keeps looking like a raw diamond that will never really shine. AND he's been given loads of minutes this year. most of his games were light strolls through the field with the casual bit of magic every now and then. yet, i don't think that anybody can be as annoying as menez when he's not in the mood, so i would welcome kranjcar in rome with joy

we already have a couple of players like him, them, i.e. menez and vucinic. to be honest, mirko has been way more consintent than menez, who keeps looking like a raw diamond that will never really shine. AND he's been given loads of minutes this year. most of his games were light strolls through the field with the casual bit of magic every now and then. yet, i don't think that anybody can be as annoying as menez when he's not in the mood, so i would welcome kranjcar in rome with joy

Kranjcar never appears lazy if that's what the issue is with Menez, to be honest I don't watch much Serie A football. He can play both a simple passing game or more ambitious. If we didn't have so many midfielders at Arsenal I wouldn't mind him playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back