The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exacly the point i was going to make? I have seen somthing in him which could lead him to do a Bale type situation (become more of an attacking player than defensive). If Malouda leaves which i still can see happening then we might need a left sided player even if we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2.

Hope we sign Van Der Wiel too though. Get rid of Bosingwa for 5ish million i rekon and replace him with the young Dutchman.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

He would be an ideal signing your right and i would love to see him in a Chelsea shirt but no way will Spurs sell to Chelsea.

Why not? He is only going to get better and i think he is worth 30million+ at the moment.

He is a good player but imo he has been abit over rated and tbh Id rather spend alot of money on a few players rather than one.

There is no chance Coentrao will be bought to play on the left wing. he has played there and can cover there but he is very good defensivly too. Plays there for Portugal already and i think it's his favourite position now.

Attacking LB. Dont think Chelsea have their eye on him.

Also about Vdw..could be the right time to snap him for 10-15m. He has been good for Holland national team recently. But he has been awful at times for Ajax this season. According to my sources who watch him every week :D They say that vdw have been concentrating on more than just football...modelling if i understood correctly. And has been at times awful for Ajax. He is not unreplacable for Ajax so i dont think they would be asking for 20milz.

But he has great potential no doubt. And if he concentrates on football he will come very good for whoever who gets him..

Coentrao will end up at Barca or Madrid. Like it or lump it, they're the two glamour clubs in world football. The same goes for any world class player. The rest of us of us are just hopeful that these guys are attracted purely by financial gain.

Coentrao will end up at Barca or Madrid. Like it or lump it, they're the two glamour clubs in world football. The same goes for any world class player. The rest of us of us are just hopeful that these guys are attracted purely by financial gain.

You should add United to those two - although they don't need someone like Coentrao right now.

United to bid for Shay Given (Don't know where they get stuff like this from).

Newcastle to sign RvN on a free in the summer.

Arsenal and Liverpool to bid for Bojan.

Man City could bid for Mauro Zarate.

We've been interested in Sanchez for ages, so it's hardly "hijacking''...more like City failing to attract one of our targets...again.

From 'caught offside' - don't know how reliable it is:

According to French newspaper 'L'Sport' Sylvain Marveaux signed a 4 year deal with Liverpool.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson hijacks £26m Man City deal for Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez - Telegraph

United will hijack Alexis Sanchez from City LOL :D

Pretty reliable source (often)....but some parts in the article made me think that this is probably just to heat up the transfer rumours.

This part:

It's bollocks. And i dont think United need him.

LOL?! We've been tracking him for a long time, back when you lot were still scrabbling around buying chumps like Elano.

Based on stories on Anfield Index (new forum with quite a few Liverpool ITKs), I compiled this list of our targets. The bold ones are mentioned more, the bold underlined ones seem very probable, the italic ones very very very unlikely, especially one obvious one:

Defenders
Gary Cahill
Leighton Baines
Jose Enrique
Fabio Coentrao
Aly Cissokho

Midfielders
Charlie Adam
Steven Defour
Joey Barton
Jeremy Toulalan
Yann M’Vila
Blaise Matuidi

Wingers
Sylvain Marveaux
Aaron Lennon
Ashley Young
Matt Jarvis
Stewart Downing
Jimmy Briand
Balazs Dzsudzsak
Eden Hazard
Adam Johnson
Dimitri Payet
Juan Manuel Vargas
Diego Perotti
Arda Turan
Juan Manuel Mata
Cristiano Ronaldo

Strikers
Neymar
Jermaine Defoe
Karim Benzema
Sergio Aguero

Marveaux is a long shot because many seem to be saying that the rumours are all old, Marveaux was a Hodgson target and the deal is definitely off.

I'd say Pool don't have a shot at landing any of those strikers or wingers.

Cristiano Ronaldo? Is that just to make the list nice?

Or is it just for the laugh? :D Seriously...thats the most unlikely transfer in the world.

I'd say Pool don't have a shot at landing any of those strikers or wingers.

Jarvis/Vargas/Turan/Dszudsak/Downing aren't that unbelievable...

Also, never ever want Joey Barton. Average footballer who's a ****.

Vargas and Downing are pretty unlkely.

Downing is English with as far as im aware, a lengthy deal = costly
Vargas is at a wealthy club in a similar league position to Liverpool, his owners would be very reluctant to sell to anybody but an elite club.

Perhaps i worded it wrongly, as i believe some of those players to be below Liverpools standard of player, eg Jarvis, Dzudzsak (havent seen much of him, but after moving to Holland i've heard little about him so he cant be tearing up trees)

So from that list, you either dont stand a chance of signing the player/they will cost too much, or they aren't the right player for you imo.

Last edited:
Oh, strong rumour about Young joining in the summer, something stupid like 16 million. Hope it's not true.

Cristiano Ronaldo? Is that just to make the list nice?

Or is it just for the laugh? :D Seriously...thats the most unlikely transfer in the world.

I thought the same when I saw it brought up to be honest, the most ridiculous rumour I've seen!

Vargas and Downing are pretty unlkely.

Downing is English with as far as im aware, a lengthy deal = costly
Vargas is at a wealthy club in a similar league position to Liverpool, his owners would be very reluctant to sell to anybody but an elite club.

Perhaps i worded it wrongly, as i believe some of those players to be below Liverpools standard of player, eg Jarvis, Dzudzsak (havent seen much of him, but after moving to Holland i've heard little about him so he cant be tearing up trees)

So from that list, you either dont stand a chance of signing the palyer/they will cost too much, or they aren't the right palyer for you imo.

Hmm, I do think some of them could improve the squad, like Gary Cahill, but numerous ITKs saying that the bold and underlined players are virtually done deals. The price of all of them I'd imagine is around £50m. Very good ITK to follow on Twitter is YDaphus, got everything right in January.

Big talk that there is one major marquee signing coming in, but it's guesswork on who it is, but it's likely to be a winger or a striker from what I've heard.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Oh, strong rumour about Young joining in the summer, something stupid like 16 million. Hope it's not true.

This is the rumour I've heard, £16m is the agreed fee. Would be happy to see Young come in amongst others, rotation could be a major part of our game next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back