The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Jagielka is off to Arsenal in the summer.

Mike Parry from TalkShite radio says: "A very well placed source says it's all but a done deal #everton #efc" - Not buying it yet, though... We rarely do deals outside of the window for various reasons and people have said Scharzwer is a done deal, Mertesacker etc. etc.

Plus, of course, it's TalkShite radio...

Ashley Young's over-rated, and a tricky winger; but can't cross.

Key.

What's the use of us getting in a winger who can't cross to Andy Carroll ? Besides, Young is not a true winger imo. He's a deep-lying forward who tends to play wide.

Not needed.

Key.

What's the use of us getting in a winger who can't cross to Andy Carroll ? Besides, Young is not a true winger imo. He's a deep-lying forward who tends to play wide.

Not needed.

Then why not use him as a deep lying forward / inside forward / inverted winger? If I were a Liverpool fan, I'd be fairly happy to be linked with Ashley Young, I think he'd be an asset to any team in the premiership. Just because Carroll is good in the air, it doesn't mean you should base you whole squad and tactics around him. He's also decent on the ground you know, and what happens if he gets a long term injury? Vesatility is important, and Young can play anywhere across the front.

Then why not use him as a deep lying forward / inside forward / inverted winger? If I were a Liverpool fan, I'd be fairly happy to be linked with Ashley Young, I think he'd be an asset to any team in the premiership. Just because Carroll is good in the air, it doesn't mean you should base you whole squad and tactics around him. He's also decent on the ground you know, and what happens if he gets a long term injury? Vesatility is important, and Young can play anywhere across the front.

There are also versatile wingers that can actually cross.

Because we need a winger to whip crosses in all day.

I think it is a little harsh on Young. Nani is sometimes wasteful from crossing situations too, yet he has the most assists in the league this season. It is definately something he should work on but there is no reason why he can't. Just look at how much Lennon has improved over the last few seasons.

YouTube - Ashley Young - I'm Number One
crosses @ 0:25 & 1.08

Another forward like Young would be an expensive luxury. We need guys who are going to hug the touchline, stretch the opposition & send in accurate crosses; this is fundemental if a team is going to play with a 'tower' up front. AC is not a Torres - he's not going to run at pace into the oppo box, feeding off through balls - he's going to bludgeon the defending centrebacks & keeper with his sheer physical attributes as well as with the considerable aerial threat he provides.

Our tactics next season would make it very hard for Carroll & Young to operate together effectively. We can do a lot better than AY imo.

I'm seeing Coentrão in Barca, since they have Abidal who's ill and old and Maxwell, I think they have one more but he's not first or second option, it's their weak spot, the question is, will they splash out the 25-30 million euros we demand for Coentrão?

Nuri Sahin has a 12 million euro clause in his contract and has rejected Dortmunds renewal offer w/o the clause. Real Madrid are favourites with them looking to loan out Canales, Granero and Leon next season they want some cover for Ozil.

Source: Raphael Honigstein Twitter

Nuri Sahin has a 12 million euro clause in his contract and has rejected Dortmunds renewal offer w/o the clause. Real Madrid are favourites with them looking to loan out Canales, Granero and Leon next season they want some cover for Ozil.

Source: Raphael Honigstein Twitter

Sahin is not cover for Ozil. He is more like Xabi. A deep-lying playmaker. Yeah..he is likely to come to Madrid. One of the most talented players in his position.

Sahin will join Madrid this summer, and I imagine they'll play him and Xabi in the middle.

Here is one for you to go '*llshit!' to at first but come August you will be eating humble pie!

Tevez is definitely leaving City, he has two options:

AC Milan-Galliani has announced he has a 'big signing' too make, but City will not just want cash for Tevez so Im not 100 pct at all on that. Plus I believe the big signing to be Paulo Henrique (Ganso).

Real Madrid- More likely in my opinion since he spends alot of time in Spain and they are the only club in the world that can match his wage demands. I am expecting Higuain to move to City and Tevez to Madrid (Not sure if it will be players+fee). Higuain is getting tired of sitting out on the bench after injury and is disheartened, City let their interest in the Argentine be known last season and with City in the Champs League next season I can see this happening.

Let the '*llshit' chants begin!
This is from a solid Spanish journalist (Not Ballague or Hunter!) I think there is alot too this. I'll start cooking your humble pies now!

Kranjčar definetely leaving Tottenham this summer.

Thank God, even I'm ****** at the fact he's still on the bench in Tottenham..

Sahin is not cover for Ozil. He is more like Xabi. A deep-lying playmaker. Yeah..he is likely to come to Madrid. One of the most talented players in his position.

I'd love him to join United but the more credible sources are saying it was between Barca & Madrid, so I'm glad he's joining the latter. Hopefully his departure won't affect Dortmund too much.

Here is one for you to go '*llshit!' to at first but come August you will be eating humble pie!

Tevez is definitely leaving City, he has two options:

AC Milan-Galliani has announced he has a 'big signing' too make, but City will not just want cash for Tevez so Im not 100 pct at all on that. Plus I believe the big signing to be Paulo Henrique (Ganso).

Real Madrid- More likely in my opinion since he spends alot of time in Spain and they are the only club in the world that can match his wage demands. I am expecting Higuain to move to City and Tevez to Madrid (Not sure if it will be players+fee). Higuain is getting tired of sitting out on the bench after injury and is disheartened, City let their interest in the Argentine be known last season and with City in the Champs League next season I can see this happening.

Let the '*llshit' chants begin!
This is from a solid Spanish journalist (Not Ballague or Hunter!) I think there is alot too this. I'll start cooking your humble pies now!

Higuaín to City - not a chance. I repeat, not-a-chance. About Tevez, he has an offer from Inter, apparently. If your claim of an interest from Milan is true, it'd be interesting to see which half of Milan he takes.

Kranjčar definetely leaving Tottenham this summer.

Thank God, even I'm ****** at the fact he's still on the bench in Tottenham..

kranjcar would be a good signing for most teams , hes been unlucky at spurs to play so little

Higuaín to City - not a chance. I repeat, not-a-chance. About Tevez, he has an offer from Inter, apparently. If your claim of an interest from Milan is true, it'd be interesting to see which half of Milan he takes.

Yeah..Higuain to City not going to happen. City aren't interested in Higuain and Real aren't going to sell.

Citys forward targets include: Sanchez, Cavani and some creative AM. But i doubt that Cavani will happen.

We just need width. Someone to take players on and cross the ball. We've not had one in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back