The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looool, 'go to a club like Liverpool'? You're third in a pretty poor standard league, with almost no chance of finishing 1st and Hannover 2 points behind you. We'd be a big step up for him.
Also, is he **** better than Suarez. Carroll; debatable, but at his young age still hard to judge.

The Bundesliga is a "pretty poor standard league"?
If you really think so, then your opinion is rubbish and immediately disregardable.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Shocking, I'd rate at least 3 other players higher than him - which doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Seems you haven't watched the league a lot then.

24 league goals in 25 starts. 35 goals in 43 goals in all comps. he's had a good season...

Well, Berba has scored plenty this season, but he is by no means United's best player :P Scoring isn't everything, imo.

And RTW, the Bundesliga is way, way more competitive than you think. I'd rather watch the Bundesliga than the Prem anytime, tbh. Don't have the choice, though :P

Gomez is pretty limited, actually. Decent forward, quick, tall and an excellent finisher, but he plays for himself. He doesn't contribute to the team in the same way Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt do. Sure, he's scored over 20 goals this season, but he's not Bayern's best player (especially considering he won his place due to Klose being **** and Olic being injured) and frankly I'd take the all-round talents of Suarez over him.

Oh, and why wouldn't he go to Liverpool? I reckon he would give it some thought at very least.

Gervinho rejects a new Lille offer, and has bee price-tagged at 10.5m pounds.

If he goes, then won't be long until Hazard's gone too. Also read somewhere that Hazard's agent is pushing for a move to Arsenal.

Looool, 'go to a club like Liverpool'? You're third in a pretty poor standard league, with almost no chance of finishing 1st and Hannover 2 points behind you. We'd be a big step up for him.
Also, is he **** better than Suarez. Carroll; debatable, but at his young age still hard to judge.

Firstly, Dortmund have already won the Bundesliga.
Secondly, Bayern are still the biggest club in Germany, and the Bundesliga is very competitive and a very high standard of league.
Thirdly, German players tend to stay in Germany or move to the top, top clubs, of which Liverpool are not.

Big step for him? Don't be so stupid, at best it would be a horizontal move. With the potential of losing Ribery as well, it would have to be a massive offer for Bayern and Gomez to even consider. It doesn't look likely.

Bayern have had a slump similar to what Liverpool have had this season, but I'd still consider them the bigger club

Gomez is pretty limited, actually. Decent forward, quick, tall and an excellent finisher, but he plays for himself. He doesn't contribute to the team in the same way Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt do. Sure, he's scored over 20 goals this season, but he's not Bayern's best player (especially considering he won his place due to Klose being **** and Olic being injured) and frankly I'd take the all-round talents of Suarez over him.

Oh, and why wouldn't he go to Liverpool? I reckon he would give it some thought at very least.

Gomez scores goals, that's his main purpose and that's what he does best.
Why leave Bayern after a great season and knowing that he has trouble adapting
to different lifestyles?

Firstly, Dortmund have already won the Bundesliga.
Secondly, Bayern are still the biggest club in Germany, and the Bundesliga is very competitive and a very high standard of league.
Thirdly, German players tend to stay in Germany or move to the top, top clubs, of which Liverpool are not.

Big step for him? Don't be so stupid, at best it would be a horizontal move. With the potential of losing Ribery as well, it would have to be a massive offer for Bayern and Gomez to even consider. It doesn't look likely.

Bayern have had a slump similar to what Liverpool have had this season, but I'd still consider them the bigger club

and considering he just had his best season we're looking at upto 30 million

Gomez scores goals, that's his main purpose and that's what he does best.
Why leave Bayern after a great season and knowing that he has trouble adapting
to different lifestyles?

Sure he scores goals, but so does the likes of Suarez and yet they offer more than just that.
No idea. He could leave for a whole range of reasons - new challenge perhaps. I'll admit it's unlikely he's going to Liverpool (seeing as neither party particularly wants nor needs the move) but ruling it out like you did earlier is silly.

Sure he scores goals, but so does the likes of Suarez and yet they offer more than just that.
No idea. He could leave for a whole range of reasons - new challenge perhaps. I'll admit it's unlikely he's going to Liverpool (seeing as neither party particularly wants nor needs the move) but ruling it out like you did earlier is silly.

Bayern wouldn't sell him for less than 30 million, which would rule out such a move.
Gómez has also settled down in München finally, and with his personality I doubt he'd like to move.
Gómez's function isn't supposed to be providing supply for other players, he poaches and scores goals and he does it **** well.
He has thirty five goals in all competitions, which is more than Suarez's and Carroll's total in all competitions combined.

Bayern wouldn't sell him for less than 30 million, which would rule out such a move.
Gómez has also settled down in München finally, and with his personality I doubt he'd like to move.
Gómez's function isn't supposed to be providing supply for other players, he poaches and scores goals and he does it **** well.
He has thirty five goals in all competitions, which is more than Suarez's and Carroll's total in all competitions combined.

Carroll/Suarez have both missed large portions of the season. Both settling into a new team, one into a new country. Suarez last season scored 35 goals himself.

Carroll/Suarez have both missed large portions of the season. Both settling into a new team, one into a new country. Suarez last season scored 35 goals himself.

Eredivisie isn't really comparable to Bundesliga, if you want me to take the same approach as you did earlier
saying that the Bundesliga is "pretty poor".

IMO Kenny should fix all the other positions first & get another forward with what's left of the transfer budget if he thinks we really need one; the left flank needs an overhaul first- from back to front - & is far more urgent.

Whenever I've seen Gomez play for Germany he's performed like a woodentop. Is this the first good season he's had in the Bundesliga ?

IMO Kenny should fix all the other positions first & get another forward with what's left of the transfer budget if he thinks we really need one; the left flank needs an overhaul first- from back to front - & is far more urgent.

Whenever I've seen Gomez play for Germany he's performed like a woodentop. Is this the first good season he's had in the Bundesliga ?

This shows how much you know about the Bundesliga.
Before moving to Bayern, he was top scorer the season before and second placed before that. (57 goals in 72 games during three seasons) He also won German Footballer of the Year in 2007.

So I'd say this isn't the first good season for him, no.

Nope, he has been at the top end of the goal charts most seasons.

Yes he has good goalscoring record in Bundesliga. Thought I always get the feeling when i see goal he scores that he just got lucky. In NT he hasn't been that good.

Lol at few comparing Gomez and Carroll. Gomez has proven himself for years while the other has just started his career in the top league. And for 15 Million you can get Gomez left boot and right socks.

We are talking about Bayern who told Madrid to **** off when they came calling for Ribery. There is no club in the world who could force Bayern to see their players. They are financially strong and in no position to lose players.

Gomez has been Bayern's best player. There is not even any competition for him this season. 35 goals is very impressive. He was excellent striker for years, was wasted at Bayern last year.

Bundesliga is very competitive. Dont know why many likes to write off other leagues. Its not like only 3 teams fight for title. Its a very competitive league and with excellent attendance.

It's not luck, but being at the right place at the right time. He's no Messi, who dribbles past a bunch of players, but he has a good goalscoring instinct.

This shows how much you know about the Bundesliga.
Before moving to Bayern, he was top scorer the season before and second placed before that. (57 goals in 72 games during three seasons) He also won German Footballer of the Year in 2007.

So I'd say this isn't the first good season for him, no.

Oh.

It's not luck, but being at the right place at the right time. He's no Messi, who dribbles past a bunch of players, but he has a good goalscoring instinct.

Exactly. He is tough to mark and has always produced goods at club level.

GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
Pepe reina has decided to stay. LFC trying to buy left back,centre back,two wingers,centre mid.he believes in the project.good news for Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back