The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Daily Mirror:

Tevez could join Chelsea for Drobga +30m.

Villa, Blackburn and Sunderland to raid West Ham for Demba Ba - if they go down, that is.

Milan to bid at least 18m pounds for Essien.

From talkSPORT:

West Brom and Sunderland to bid for Simon Vukcevic.

Wigan to bid for Almeria's Bernardello - if the former stay up and the latter go down, that is.

Bayern to bid for Boateng and Adebayor.

Sorry wrong thread. My phone wont let me to delete post. Sorry again.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Now, if you'd excuse me, 15 million pounds is an insult.
You're looking in the area of 30 million and over, try to be realistic next time.

After reading all your posts i cant make sense of your judgement.
I quoted £15M which is what we offered in January.
Gomez is a limited forward,he is a great finisher but he has no other elements to his game.
For a poacher in the Bundesliga 97 in 180 games isnt that spectacular. Its just above Holland in competitiveness. Dont know why you are just arguing with everybody else. Last year he scored 14 in 40 odd games. That hardly speaks world class form. One season doesnt make a player worth £30M...

And he is currently Bayerns 3rd best player behind Ribery and Robben. And Toni Kroos and Thomas Muller arent far off his standard either.

Not that should be the end of it as this is a transfer rumour thread,not bundesliga discussion thread...

Anyway...
Liverpool DoF Damian Comolli was at the Utd v Schalke game. Rumour has it he was looking at 21 year old Sergio Escudero Palomo (left back).
Also look at this:
Guillerhme Balague; I'm sure you know how many contacts he has in Spain and how respected he is there.

On Revista de La Liga has just stated alongside his colleague about our transfers.

They were asked via Facebook if Reina would replace Cassillas and he said directly "No, Liverpool are looking for a CB, LB, two wingers and CM. They are not looking for a GK or ST as they are unneeded; Pepe has said how he believes the management and club are going places and he wants to stay."

His colleague replied; "They don't need a LB as they already have a spanish one."

Balague replied "ah, Jose Enrique from Newcastle is essentially done from my people"

Host said "As it has been well known for weeks that it is done."

Balague also said how "Everyone at Athletico Madrid is for Sale apart from Aguero; unless 60m+ came up. He also said that Mata, Capel and Griezmann will be leaving this summer; for a club he just mentioned."

"Later he also said that Osvaldo is going to be bargain of the Summer for 12-15m, apparently upto 9 Premier League clubs were repreented at the game; Including Redknapp, Ferguson(Bro), Commolli, Hughes, Moyes and more. Apparently he is premier league bound and worthy as he has all attributes."

I knew about Mata and heard something about Osvaldo, Mata is a target for City, and Osvaldo had been scouted by Fulham, but he appears to have caught the eye of Fergie lately. It's a rumour that has been showing up in a few papers here in Argentina, but I don't pay much attention to them as they are mostly ****. I'm not sure he's good enough for United, but he's certainly good enough for pretty much everyone else.

Gomez is a limited forward,he is a great finisher but he has no other elements to his game.
For a poacher in the Bundesliga 97 in 180 games isnt that spectacular. Its just above Holland in competitiveness. Dont know why you are just arguing with everybody else. Last year he scored 14 in 40 odd games. That hardly speaks world class form. One season doesnt make a player worth £30M...

And he is currently Bayerns 3rd best player behind Ribery and Robben. And Toni Kroos and Thomas Muller arent far off his standard either.

Not that should be the end of it as this is a transfer rumour thread,not bundesliga discussion thread...

Anyway...
Liverpool DoF Damian Comolli was at the Utd v Schalke game. Rumour has it he was looking at 21 year old Sergio Escudero Palomo (left back).
Also look at this:
Guillerhme Balague; I'm sure you know how many contacts he has in Spain and how respected he is there.

On Revista de La Liga has just stated alongside his colleague about our transfers.

They were asked via Facebook if Reina would replace Cassillas and he said directly "No, Liverpool are looking for a CB, LB, two wingers and CM. They are not looking for a GK or ST as they are unneeded; Pepe has said how he believes the management and club are going places and he wants to stay."

His colleague replied; "They don't need a LB as they already have a spanish one."

Balague replied "ah, Jose Enrique from Newcastle is essentially done from my people"

Host said "As it has been well known for weeks that it is done."

Balague also said how "Everyone at Athletico Madrid is for Sale apart from Aguero; unless 60m+ came up. He also said that Mata, Capel and Griezmann will be leaving this summer; for a club he just mentioned."

"Later he also said that Osvaldo is going to be bargain of the Summer for 12-15m, apparently upto 9 Premier League clubs were repreented at the game; Including Redknapp, Ferguson(Bro), Commolli, Hughes, Moyes and more. Apparently he is premier league bound and worthy as he has all attributes."

Enrique didn't impress me vs Liverpool, he seemed tubby and as if he could hardly run.

Enrique didn't impress me vs Liverpool, he seemed tubby and as if he could hardly run.

Since this farce with Liverpool his head appears to have been turned and he's half the player he was when his heart was in it.

Firstly, Bundesliga is not as easy as Dutch league. It is only behind Premier league in competitivness. Maybe behind La Liga.. Pity that people think Bundesluga is such a weak league. They are 3rd in the UEFA coefficients for a reason.

Actually Gomez had one off year. Before that also he was scoring well for Stuttgart. So only Bayern paid close to 30 Million for him. He is not World class. Far from it, that doesn't mean you can get him for 15 Million.

97 in 180 is outstanding in anyway you look at it unless if you compare that to Messi and Ronaldo.

Ribery is not ahead of Gomez this year and Robben played only after Winter break. I dont know how can Robben be ahead of a player who has scored 34 goals. Muller is close but not Kroos.

Strikers job is to score goals and Gomez do score bucket loads of them. You can't find all round players in every player. If we had chosen that way we wouldn't have signed RVN (Who improved a lot over the years at United).

Firstly, Bundesliga is not as easy as Dutch league. It is only behind Premier league in competitivness. Maybe behind La Liga.. Pity that people think Bundesluga is such a weak league. They are 3rd in the UEFA coefficients for a reason.

Actually Gomez had one off year. Before that also he was scoring well for Stuttgart. So only Bayern paid close to 30 Million for him. He is not World class. Far from it, that doesn't mean you can get him for 15 Million.

97 in 180 is outstanding in anyway you look at it unless if you compare that to Messi and Ronaldo.

Ribery is not ahead of Gomez this year and Robben played only after Winter break. I dont know how can Robben be ahead of a player who has scored 34 goals. Muller is close but not Kroos.

Strikers job is to score goals and Gomez do score bucket loads of them. You can't find all round players in every player. If we had chosen that way we wouldn't have signed RVN (Who improved a lot over the years at United).

Don't worry, it just shows how the poster in question (Steve*) doesn't have a clue about the Bundesliga.
Gómez isn't limited to finishing only, he's fast and strong and his strongest attribute is killer instinct.

"

1. One bad season doesn't mean his value should be decreased. That was probably his worst season in his career as well. Overall since 2007/2008, Gomez has scored 112 club goals which probably does make his value around £30m

2. Currently he's probably Bayern best player as Ribery hasn't been at his best this season and Robben has been injured for the majority of the season.

Last edited:
For a poacher in the Bundesliga 97 in 180 games isnt that spectacular.

That isn't spectacular? That's more than a goal every other game - and for a player who apparently had such a poor year last year with 14 goals in 40 games - the record is even more incredible.

That isn't spectacular? That's more than a goal every other game - and for a player who apparently had such a poor year last year with 14 goals in 40 games - the record is even more incredible.

Exactly. If you exclude last season then Gomez has scored 83 in 135. That is excellent for any striker.

And there was me thinking that this is a transfer rumour thread. Not a debate about Mario Gomez.

There is not much wrong in discussing how good a player is in the transfer rumor thread as that is what we all are looking at. How good the player is and how much will he cost.. IMO..

There is not much wrong in discussing how good a player is in the transfer rumor thread as that is what we all are looking at. How good the player is and how much will he cost.. IMO..

Surely it could be done via PM/VM? The whole debate is detracting away from the whole point of the thread.

We're now talking about his goalscoring record for the last season and not if he's a realistic signing etc.

Another striker is one of the least crucial positions LFC needs to fill. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that we won't sign one.

Real Madrid to bid 35m pounds for Fabregas (That'd be nasty).

City interested in Douglas Costa and Willian, with around 30m pounds on the cards.

Maxi Lopez has attracted the interest of Birmingham and Man United.

Chelsea sed to be following Kenneth Zohore, who is apparently the son of Drogba's cousin.

Surely it could be done via PM/VM? The whole debate is detracting away from the whole point of the thread.

We're now talking about his goalscoring record for the last season and not if he's a realistic signing etc.

Well i thought a player's goal scoring record is very important crieteria to judge how good a player is, and thats what we were doing.

Anyways will leave at it..

Real Madrid to bid 35m pounds for Fabregas (That'd be nasty).

City interested in Douglas Costa and Willian, with around 30m pounds on the cards.

Maxi Lopez has attracted the interest of Birmingham and Man United.

Chelsea sed to be following Kenneth Zohore, who is apparently the son of Drogba's cousin.

I've admittedly not seen a lot of Maxi Lopez, but I don't honestly rate him as United standard from what I have seen. He seems to do well in South America but at Barca he looked very average.

I think some Liverpool fans need to be more realistic about their potential transfer targets imo. To suggest that you wouldn't want Gomez for £15m is ridiculous! Some of you also need to watch more German football before comparing it to dutch standards - it's much more similar to the premier league in both physicality and skill. I don't think Gomez would ever go, or Liverpool would even approach him (There are more important positions to strengthen). Mata would be a great coup for Liverpool, but I can see Man City stealing him from under their nose.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but City and United seem as though they will be going head to head to sign two of the brighest talents in Serie A. It will ultimately depend on both players ambition or greed imo.
Manchester United Official Web Site - United and City eye Sanchez and Sneijder signings

Don't worry, it just shows how the poster in question (Steve*) doesn't have a clue about the Bundesliga.
Gómez isn't limited to finishing only, he's fast and strong and his strongest attribute is killer instinct.

Alright, alright we get it. Now please, remove your ***** from him and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back