The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some Liverpool fans need to be more realistic about their potential transfer targets imo. To suggest that you wouldn't want Gomez for £15m is ridiculous!

Why? When we've just spent £35m on Carroll, he's a player in the last position we need reinforcements for. 6 months ago would I take him for £15m? Yes. Now would I? No. We have Andy Carroll. And I think that's what my fellow Liverpool fans are saying, the money would be best spent elsewhere strengthening other positions.

Why? When we've just spent £35m on Carroll, he's a player in the last position we need reinforcements for. 6 months ago would I take him for £15m? Yes. Now would I? No. We have Andy Carroll. And I think that's what my fellow Liverpool fans are saying, the money would be best spent elsewhere strengthening other positions.

or Liverpool would even approach him (There are more important positions to strengthen)

I agree and mentioned this, but it was said that Gomez wasn't worth £15m. It really depends on the budget available though, I think the priority should be one or two wingers and a left back. After that though, another forward could be vindicated. There is a lack of depth should Carroll get injured again.

Alex I thought you suggested talking about Gomez via VM/PM? |)

Chelsea sed to be following Kenneth Zohore, who is apparently the son of Drogba's cousin.

If that's the guy who plays for Copenhagen I wasn't particularly impressed with him when he played against Chelsea. Seemed a big lad for his age but didn't have the technical attributes to match up. Will probably be a decent player though.

It's not surprising how Liverpool fans continue going on with classy remarks such as 'removing your ***** off of him'.

Alex I thought you suggested talking about Gomez via VM/PM? |)

I suggested talking about his goals record and what type of player he is via VM/PM. I'm stating why there won't be a transfer to our club. I'm sure they're two different things...

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

it's not surprising how liverpool fans continue going on with classy remarks such as 'removing your ***** off of him'.

XDXD

LOL. Brilliant.

I suggested talking about his goals record and what type of player he is via VM/PM. I'm stating why there won't be a transfer to our club. I'm sure they're two different things...

Indeed, two different things. Just the same points have been repeated over and over which has made this Gomez debate all the more tedious.

Nils Petersen to Bayern Munich from Cottbus
Striker has a THREE Million Pound Release clause
The 22 year old has been in outstanding form and is a steal for that clause price

Indeed, two different things. Just the same points have been repeated over and over which has made this Gomez debate all the more tedious.

Agreed - it's boring now. Let's draw a line. I've nothing personal against Gomez but I just wish the guy hadn't left his slot in The Addams Familly. :)

I've admittedly not seen a lot of Maxi Lopez, but I don't honestly rate him as United standard from what I have seen. He seems to do well in South America but at Barca he looked very average.

Not sure he is good enough for United, but he's practically carried Catania for the past couple seasons. Doing well in Serie A apparently, although both leagues are very different. Still, he's tall and strong, maybe worth a shot, although, again, maybe United's too much for him.

If that's the guy who plays for Copenhagen I wasn't particularly impressed with him when he played against Chelsea. Seemed a big lad for his age but didn't have the technical attributes to match up. Will probably be a decent player though.

Yes, yes he is.

his goal vs chelsea in 04-05 season

[video=youtube;UJkwSdbg26I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkwSdbg26I[/video]

Rumours that United have apparantly stepped up their search for a goalkeeper, with the United Chiefs travelling out to Portugal to negotiate a deal for Sporting 'keeper Rui Patricio. He has almost twice the first team experience of David De Gea, and, with a £7m bid already rejected, would demand a fee of around £12m. Would this be good business for Manchester United?

I am not so sure, it would be a big step up for him, although he is internationally capped.

Hope not.

We should sign one among Neuer, Adler, De Gea..

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Talksport (Talkshite) started the Maxi Lopez rumour.

Nuff Said

Thank god it is talksport. Dont want him anywhere near United.. From Serie A we need to look at only likes of Hamsik, Pastore, Sanchez. I'm not including players from traditionally big clubs..

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Read in other forum

Rumours that Stekelenberg is going to be the new United keeper, apparently Eric Steele has said it is a done deal

Tottenham could let Lennon go as his relationship with 'Arry has deteriorated.

Liverpool said to be following Afellay (lol).

John Arne Risse interested on a return to Anfield.

Arsenal interested on both Vertonghen and Serdar Tasci.

St Johnstone's Murray Davidson has attracted interest from Everton, Bolton and Wolves.

Aston Villa to hold talks with Reo-Coker over a new deal.

Bellamy to stay at Cardiff until they're promoted.

Steve Bruce to renew Bolo Zenden's contract.

Gervinho will only quit Lille for another CL playing outfit.

Andre Ayew sparks interest from Barça and United.

Spearing signs new deal.

Juventus to bid for Connor Wickham (Interesting, to say the least).

Osvaldo (Or however he spells his name) of Espanyol is one of the bargains of the season for Espanyol and is tailor made for the premiership. Fergusons brother, Moyes, Hughes and a couple more were all watching him at the weekend in spain he will not be cheap and probably cost in the region of 12 million Euros. In my opinion I can see him doing well in the premiership he has all the attributes (A bit like Malagas strong Prem tailored ST).

Also hearing strong hints that Ribery is being courted by Liverpool and Arsenal you wont find this with the proof I have of agent-club contact on any talk*ite websites so this is a case of wait and see. Ganso has basically completed his move to AC Milan for the summer, Neymar is in talks between Santos and Barce over a possibly buy-loan back for a season deal. Maxi Lopez is most likely to be snapped up by Roma and their new owners who are keen to build on the Roma brand with some flair and extravagant football. As for Gomez if he is too move his only option is England in my opinion, Neuer will not come across the pond De Gea is extremely keen on a United move and I think that deal is as good as done from the feeling of club president at Atletico (Lets not forget they have Sergio Asenjo there still despite him being out on loan so they have a youthful replacement). Aguero will not go anyway due to his massive clause and the clubs reluctance to sell, the message coming out of Madrid is EVERYONE is for sale except Aguero. I hope to god Spurs make a move for Forlan he needs rescuing and would do amazing with the midfield support Spurs have, only a RUMOUR the last typebite from me from my day of scouring and chattering but Krkic Bojan is extremely frustrated at Barcelona and his agent has been told too look at his options he is pretty keen on a premiership move and I can see his prime target being Arsenal who tried 'stealing' him 3 years ago.

Assessment of the day from me anyway

GOD I hope Neymar doesn't join Barca. I think he should go to one of the Milan clubs or (excluding the big 2) one of the Spanish sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back