The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester United want £7m Sporting keeper Rui Patrício. The Portuguese club are worried they're being used as a smokescreen for a £20m bid for Atlético Madrid's David De Gea, who is worried he's being used as a smokescreen for the fact the Glazers don't want to spend much cash in the summer and will settle for Rui Patrício in a last-minute cheapo deal instead.

Juventus want Ipswich striker Connor Wickham and Blackburn defender Phil Jones, in what must surely be the world's first randomly generated electronic transfer rumour.

Barcelona are preparing a £45m bid for Cesc Fábregas. We are so sick of this.

Chelsea are leading the race to sign Romelu Lukaku, the 17-year-old Anderlecht starlet. Liverpool and Manchester United are also competing in this athletic metaphor, but they're trailing at the bell.

Samba reveals Arsenal approach | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Blackburn Rovers defender Chris Samba has revealed he almost joined Arsenal in January and has also admitted he will consider his future at Ewood Park in the summer.
The 27-year-old, who was outstanding against West Ham on Saturday, said that he wanted to quit Rovers in the wake of the sacking of Sam Allardyce,
spacer.gif
but he signed a new contract in February.
Samba, though, has still been linked with a move away from Premier League relegation-threatened Rovers and trophyless Arsenal's
spacer.gif
need for a commanding, experienced centre-back was evident in Sunday's defeat at Stoke.
He is likely to again be a wanted man if he is available this summer and he will give thought to his options, as he said: "Everybody knows that I am an ambitious player.

Shame

"I am at an age now where I want to try to do something. You only have one career and it would be a shame to not make the best of it.
"I think a move to Arsenal was very close in January, but that is life. You have to continue."
Chris Samba Quotes of the week
"I am happy at Blackburn, but I will study any opportunities that come my way this year.
"I'm not trying to move away, but of course I would look if it is the right thing for me.
"I think a move to Arsenal was very close in January, but that is life. You have to continue.
"If it happens, it happens, but it wasn't meant to be and football is like that. I committed myself to Blackburn and will always do my best."

Arsene see if you weren't so stubborn with money lol :(

Few little transfer bites:

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo From Espanyol To Fulham
Advanced Talks, Everton Are Tracking The 'Situation' But I Mean Espanyol Are A Selling Club So This Is Nailed On In The Sense That He Will Be In The Premier League Next Season. Fee Will Be (Calculated Guess) Around 12 Million Euro's, I Can See Him Doing Well Next Season

Daniel Opare From Standard Liege To Sunderland
7 Million Pound Is What Sunderlands Representatives Have Taken Back To The Chairman/Manager. This Is A Realistic Signing Its Just Down To The Owner And If He Feels Its Right To Invest To Secure Premier League Status Next Season And Build On From This One, I Think The Price Is Right And If The Clubs Ambitions Are To Re Invest The Bent Money For Example Into New Players Then Opare Is An Ideal Place To Start.

Gregory Van Der Wiel From Ajax To Chelsea
With Bayern Munich, Who Are Long Term Admirers, Of The Young Dutch Full Back Publicly Stating They Can No Longer Offer The Wage/Position That They Have In Recent Years Due To The Clubs Current League Position/Structure. The Only Other Real And Keen Observers Are Chelsea Who Are Understood To Favour Moving Ivanovic To A Utility Centre Half And Would Like To Follow The Trend Of Luiz And Secure Young Impressionable Players.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy From Hamburg To Stoke

Sunderland And Stoke Are Very Keen On Securing The Want-Away Hamburg Striker And He Will Probably Be Within Their Budget Its Just A Question Of Wages And That Will Be What The Deal Ultimately Hinges On. RVN Will Probably Ask For Around 40-50k A Week And That Could Price Out Stoke Whos Manager Tony Pulis Has Repeated Numerous Times That He Will Not Break The Clubs Wage Structure For Anyone.

Lets See How All These Develop!

Can't See Any Of These Being Dragged On So Thats Why I Write About Them Now...In May :|

P.S Caps At The Start Of Every Word Is Annoying And It Is An Even More Annoying Habit, I Really Wish I Could Untrain My Index Finger From Simultaneously Hitting Shift After Each Word I Really Do

Absolutely gutted! I genuinely don't understand why he would want to go there and play second fiddle to Xabi Alonso?

No mate, talk is that he will play along with Alonso and also Madrid struggled a lot when Alonso was not available. So if anything to go by Madrid supporters word, Sahin will play alongside Alonso as Madrid dominate 18 other teams bar Barca for whom they need to find other tactics..

Raheem Sterling going on loan to Sheffield United next season.

Posted on his personal Facebook Account.

Sahin is also very good friends with Özil. Did United fans really think they would get him?

He brings more creativity to our midfield. And he is decent at defending.

Sahin is also very good friends with Özil. Did United fans really think they would get him?

He brings more creativity to our midfield. And he is decent at defending.

Well why wouldn't we think we would get him, Less competition for his position, We actually challenge for the league and win it. Were better then Real Madrid to name a few reasons why..

Well..i took a look at redcafe (i sometimes do).

They are drooling for Sahin and sneijder and even Sanchez. Wonder how many of them they will get :D 0-1 methinks.

But yeah..i know they aren't always realistic fans. Just like in any other football forum.

Last edited:
Least we don't have to go out and spend millions upon millions just to be Barca's ***** again for another season.

How many trophys will Real win next season ? 0-1 methinks.

I don't get why every good young player wants to join Madrid. To ruin their careers i guess.I'll name some players who have gone downwards since leaving their former club Cristiano Ronaldo(yes,he scores goals but how many trophies has he won in 2 seasons 0),kaka,benzema,ozil,canales,pedro leon,fernando gago,sami khedira,add a new name to it of sahin. And I mean they know barca's quality and they know their quality too and they know the pressure from madrid fans, I remember few days ago when kaka was booed shame on those people you woudn't find a nicer guy in the world.And seriously as much as i would love madrid to break barca's dominance do they think that they have chance of it. Why not join a english club where there is less pressure at least in the first season,which the club and fans both give the player to proove himself not like madrid perform from the off or you're gone.

Ignore that last post of mine about Raheem Sterling going on loan. He's just stated on Twitter that someone hacked his Facebook account and nothing about him going on loan is true.

At the risk of repeating myself, it's called 'money'.

No..he isn't coming for money. He comes because he knows he can win trophies with us and Mourinho and Özil..both had big influence in his decision. I also think he prefers to play in spain over england

We can beat Barca next season. if we lose to barca twice and win all the other games we will win the title. We have to play better than barca against the other opponents. And avoid losig or maybe even win against barca...it's not impossible. The El clasicos doesn't decide the title. We slipped too many times against lower sides this season.

I don't get why every good young player wants to join Madrid. To ruin their careers i guess.I'll name some players who have gone downwards since leaving their former club Cristiano Ronaldo(yes,he scores goals but how many trophies has he won in 2 seasons 0),kaka,benzema,ozil,canales,pedro leon,fernando gago,sami khedira,add a new name to it of sahin. And I mean they know barca's quality and they know their quality too and they know the pressure from madrid fans, I remember few days ago when kaka was booed shame on those people you woudn't find a nicer guy in the world.And seriously as much as i would love madrid to break barca's dominance do they think that they have chance of it. Why not join a english club where there is less pressure at least in the first season,which the club and fans both give the player to proove himself not like madrid perform from the off or you're gone.

The Ronaldo case is completely different, he had won everything there was to win at Manchester United and he simply wanted to move out of his comfort zone and to compete in different competitions with a change of scenery. To say his ruined his career is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back