The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why every good young player wants to join Madrid. To ruin their careers i guess.I'll name some players who have gone downwards since leaving their former club Cristiano Ronaldo(yes,he scores goals but how many trophies has he won in 2 seasons 0),kaka,benzema,ozil,canales,pedro leon,fernando gago,sami khedira,add a new name to it of sahin. And I mean they know barca's quality and they know their quality too and they know the pressure from madrid fans, I remember few days ago when kaka was booed shame on those people you woudn't find a nicer guy in the world.And seriously as much as i would love madrid to break barca's dominance do they think that they have chance of it. Why not join a english club where there is less pressure at least in the first season,which the club and fans both give the player to proove himself not like madrid perform from the off or you're gone.

Players like to sign for Madrid because they are the biggest club in the world and their history is second to none. Such a glorious club. It is not as if they are signing for City to call them they are signing only for Money

And regarding the players
Cristiano Ronaldo - Same player minus trophies. Not his fault. He will win trophies eventually but he has not ruined his career

kaka- He was overrated. He was on God mode in 2006-07 then never was the same player. He was booed coz he played **** and cost **** loads of money for his transfer, very high wages and all the medical bills. Atleast for all the efforts put in by Madrid he didn't even repay by putting half the effort he did for Milan

Benzema, Khedira are playing regularly.

Ozil is the best signing of the season has improved a lot

Gago is ****. And Madrid have given him more chances than he deserved

I dont know why people think it is a sin signing for Madrid. Many people love to play in famous whites. They have the rich history, tradition. It is many players dream.

Its like Im a 20 pound carp you just hooked with the phrase 'he prefers Spain over England'...I will resist I think the revenue speaks for itself in that argument of league vs league.
Feeling I got from listening to Raphael Honigstein on his blog was that the only reason this deal got done is because Madrid wanted him more, I mean they tabled a bid to trigger the clause and within days it has been completed. No official inquiry/bid was made by any English club at all the clause specifics only became public knowledge around a month or so ago and Madrid had a head start. It wont be all plain sailing with Madrid this summer they will shift at least 6 players off their books thats a guarantee to cope with the intake they will have.

Sahin is the 2nd signing for the summer already by the way gents, along with Jose Maria Callejon from Espanyol

Manchester i Barca se bore i prije finala. Meta - sin afri

Well, even though it's a croatian webpage, it says that Barcelona and United are fighting for the son of the "African Pele"...

It's about Andre Ayew who seems to be a target for United and Barca

He is a real quality player which every team would love to have

If he's happy to sit on the bench and watch Nani keep him out of the team with his dazzling performances, then yeah, sign him up.

No..he isn't coming for money. He comes because he knows he can win trophies with us and Mourinho and Özil..both had big influence in his decision. I also think he prefers to play in spain over england

We can beat Barca next season. if we lose to barca twice and win all the other games we will win the title. We have to play better than barca against the other opponents. And avoid losig or maybe even win against barca...it's not impossible. The El clasicos doesn't decide the title. We slipped too many times against lower sides this season.

Don't be naïve, the real influence was Florentino's pocket.

yes every talented player prefers spain because it is easier to play in spain than in england.

yes every talented player prefers spain because it is easier to play in spain than in england.
I don't get why every good young player wants to join Madrid.
Have you just answered your own question? lol

Not liking the words 'every talented player' think thats a load of *Beep*, premier league is the most diverse league/academies in the world easily only reason people go to Spain is the weather because it certainly isn't for the slow tempo football. (ooooooooo)

Anyway just so I don't get beat down on I am a La Liga admirer/watcher but the 700 million viewers of prem matches proves my point without needing to say anything else and get back on topic

Just to clarify, I don't know if Manchester United were ever interested in Sahin, I just would have personally loved to see him signed (I'm a big Dortmund fan too). I'm not sure how well he'll do in Madrid playing alongside Alonso, but he is more than capable of playing a more advanced role. What does this mean for Khedira though? I really hope Sahin's talents aren't wasted.

Just to clarify, I don't know if Manchester United were ever interested in Sahin, I just would have personally loved to see him signed (I'm a big Dortmund fan too). I'm not sure how well he'll do in Madrid playing alongside Alonso, but he is more than capable of playing a more advanced role. What does this mean for Khedira though? I really hope Sahin's talents aren't wasted.

Rotate with Khedira, xabi and sahin. Xabi is not young anymore and you never know with injuries. Khedira has been injured alot and Sahin was cheap and such a talented player. Mourinho wanted him because he knows his qualities and you see the progress of his friend Özil. I think Sahin can be a long-term player for madrid just like özil. And thats what we in madrid need.

talented young players who can play for a long time in madrid. just look what it has done to barca. i think özil and sahin are as talented as xavi and iniesta. and no doubt they will enjoy playing alongside each other.

there are games where you dont really need those ball winning players so much in la liga. Thats when mourinho will use xabi and sahin together believe. but wouldn't be suprised if he brough another ball-winner if diarra leaves.

@Athe

What about Rooney? Do you think he would play for united anymore if you wouldn't have given him his 200k a week wages? No!
Im sure Madrid is the first club Sahin wanted to play for because of the past and upcoming success. All the top clubs players want good wages but also success on the field. I dont think he would want to go to united even if they offered him a bit higher wages. Im sure all the other top clubs could afford the same wages Sahin is going to be paid by Madrid.

Last edited:
Well..i took a look at redcafe (i sometimes do).

They are drooling for Sahin and sneijder and even Sanchez. Wonder how many of them they will get :D 0-1 methinks.

But yeah..i know they aren't always realistic fans. Just like in any other football forum.
Redcafe? You know that's a Man Utd forum? Why do you look at that when you 'call' yourself a City fan? Are you one of those fans who hate your rivals more than you support your club?

No..he isn't coming for money. He comes because he knows he can win trophies with us and Mourinho and Özil..both had big influence in his decision. I also think he prefers to play in spain over england

We can beat Barca next season. if we lose to barca twice and win all the other games we will win the title. We have to play better than barca against the other opponents. And avoid losig or maybe even win against barca...it's not impossible. The El clasicos doesn't decide the title. We slipped too many times against lower sides this season.
Don't get optimistic, you haven't this season, don't use 'if'. You're not going to win all the other games, I don't think. May go unbeaten but not win them all.

Players like to sign for Madrid because they are the biggest club in the world and their history is second to none. Such a glorious club. It is not as if they are signing for City to call them they are signing only for Money

And regarding the players
Cristiano Ronaldo - Same player minus trophies. Not his fault. He will win trophies eventually but he has not ruined his career

kaka- He was overrated. He was on God mode in 2006-07 then never was the same player. He was booed coz he played **** and cost **** loads of money for his transfer, very high wages and all the medical bills. Atleast for all the efforts put in by Madrid he didn't even repay by putting half the effort he did for Milan

Benzema, Khedira are playing regularly.

Ozil is the best signing of the season has improved a lot

Gago is ****. And Madrid have given him more chances than he deserved

I dont know why people think it is a sin signing for Madrid. Many people love to play in famous whites. They have the rich history, tradition. It is many players dream.
Benzema is still not as good as he was and he is not playing regularly. Adebayor/Ronaldo/Higuan are up front most of the time. As soon as Madrid saw that he wasn't amazing, they moved for Adebayor. They didn't give him many chances, unlike Fergie with Berbatov. History isn't everything. And have you seen Madrid's academy? Pretty **** considering their stature. If I was a player and got offered the same wages, I'd rather go to Arsenal or even Man Utd (I don't like them though, but I have to admit they are a great club!).

Redcafe? You know that's a Man Utd forum? Why do you look at that when you 'call' yourself a City fan? Are you one of those fans who hate your rivals more than you support your club?

What? Of course i know it's a united forum. Thats the point...i though it was normal to go to your rivals forums sometimes to look at their fans opinions. It's not like i go there to talk.

Madrid ruins more careers than it is makes now-a-days.
How close where Robben, Snijder, Van der Vart from being judged as average players until they escaped. Ozil hasnt been great any time I have seen him at Madrid, Carvalho seem average, Kaka has flooped.

@Athe

What about Rooney? Do you think he would play for united anymore if you wouldn't have given him his 200k a week wages? No!
Im sure Madrid is the first club Sahin wanted to play for because of the past and upcoming success. All the top clubs players want good wages but also success on the field. I dont think he would want to go to united even if they offered him a bit higher wages. Im sure all the other top clubs could afford the same wages Sahin is going to be paid by Madrid.

I'm not a United fan, so it's not like 'I'm' paying him 200k/week. And did I get your post wrong or are you implying Madrid have a greater chance of winning stuff than United?

Kind of agree with the above...ish. Big reputation players have came and went through Madrid, Cassano, Huntelaar, Sneijder, RVDV, RVN, Beckham, Woodgate, Owen, Benzema, Even Xabi Alonso has hardly been amazing, Robinho, Robben, Heinze....Long list to be honest.

But surely players know that they are stepping into the fire where you come with big tags big reputation and big expectation. You basically get no time allowed to settle and the pressure must be immense to come into the slow tempo spanish league with the pressure to win every single week.

Benzema is still not as good as he was and he is not playing regularly. Adebayor/Ronaldo/Higuan are up front most of the time. As soon as Madrid saw that he wasn't amazing, they moved for Adebayor. They didn't give him many chances, unlike Fergie with Berbatov. History isn't everything. And have you seen Madrid's academy? Pretty **** considering their stature. If I was a player and got offered the same wages, I'd rather go to Arsenal or even Man Utd (I don't like them though, but I have to admit they are a great club!).

Benzema is not as good as he took long time to settle and he was proving his worth. Madrid signed Ade on loan just as a back up for Benzema and first few games Ade played well so he got more games than expected.

Madrid have a great academy. Problem is no manager want to risk playing youth as Manager will get sacked if they dont win. They dont have proper plan. If they can stick with one manager for long time then we can see how good Madrid academy is.

They produce top class players and sells them. Shame really..

"After a very interesting trip to Valencia, a clearer picture of the finances and futures of the stars at the club have emerged. Valencia still has to service debts in the region of €500 milion. It is manageable as long as the team qualifies for the Champions League, but even when they do, they will still need to produce and re-pay around €20-25 milion in interest and debt: and the easiest way to do that is to sell players. Basically, that means everybody at Valencia is for sale, including Juan Mata. If a club comes in with a bid of 25-30 milion for Mata, Valencia are willing to sell, but nobody has lodged a bid with the club yet.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool have contacted Mata`s representative (his father) and the trio have all expressed varying degrees of interest in the player`s situation. Mata`s new contract contains a buy out clause of €60 million, but that will always be negotiable if both the player and the club are willing to listen to offers.
What is clear is that Valencia expect an offer at some point and so far City and Liverpool seem to have shown the greatest level of interest in him (more visits from their scouts to Mestalla or more contact with his agent, for instance). At The moment it is agame of poker, but City and Liverpool are both under the impression that the transfer depends, not so much on the player - as they think they can convince him - but on Valencia and the final fee they will demand for him. Valencia plan on approaching Real Sociedad for Griezmann if it looks like Mata is leaving.

PEPE REINA
As I Tweeted last week, Pepe Reina has decided to stay at Anfield because he believes in the new project. Liverpool are trying to buy a left back (Jose Enrique and Jose Angel of Sporting have been followed, but there are doubts over the defensive qualities of one and the maturity of the other, so no decision has been made), a centre back, a central midfielder and two wingers. Juan Mata could be one of those if Liverpool make an offer that is accepted by Valencia and if city abandon their interest in him. And at the moment, with no offer on the table from either club, that is a big if."

Why the **** are people talking about Madrid on a Transfer Rumour thread.

lol...its funny to hear all these United fans brag on after being gifted a league by their competition and being in the Champion's League final after beating the mighty 'Schalke'...Its ok, you guys can keep filling up threads with how good they are...whilst player after player snub United for Madrid..And seriously..this is a transfer rumor thread!

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

anyways..here's one pretty famous one, which as far as i know, hasn't been mentioned here yet...
Bayern Munich’s Hamit Altintop linked with a move to Real Madrid - Bundesliga news

Nuri Şahin joins Real, Hamit on the way

Last edited:
Every Tom **** and Harry will be linked with us irrespective of our interest..

Then when that player signs for a new club then headlines, xyz snubbed ManUtd to sign for abc..

Lol.. Its is so typical now a days..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back