The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevez to Madrid IS on the table but it would involve Higuain moving to Manchester it is really that simple. City do not need the 30 million fee they want a deal that suites them and have been chasing Higuain for years, no point in selling Tevez to a Champions League rival and not take something for yourself that would be stupid...*cough* United *cough*.

Nice try. Tevez wasn't our player to sell, and City aren't Champions League rivals...

^ What other players could I be talking about?
Tevez I was not talking about lol, Ronaldo maybe?
I know you got 80 mill from him and re invested around 15-20 of it?
Either way you look at it United are not as strong without Ronaldo AND not replacing him as they would be right now with him, same said for Madrid who would be nowhere near as good with him now since Kaka has failed to fit in so far there. But hey thats football and United move on and scrape there way to a title this year but I aint hating just hate to see the Premier League weakened by awful decisions and money not re invested to replace the talent that leaves the league.

Either way you look at it United are not as strong without Ronaldo AND not replacing him as they would be right now with him, same said for Madrid who would be nowhere near as good with him now since Kaka has failed to fit in so far there. But hey thats football and United move on and scrape there way to a title this year but I aint hating just hate to see the Premier League weakened by awful decisions and money not re invested to replace the talent that leaves the league.

Even with the weakening the Premier League still dominates La Liga. La Liga only have 2 (3) clubs who would be able to challenge the Champions League while the Premier League have like 6 teams.

£80m for a single player to a club with massive debts, of which £16m has been spent on the excellent Valencia, and I'm almost certain there'll be major investment this summer.

What on earth are you going on about? My post was referring to "no point in selling Tevez to a Champions League rival and not take something for yourself that would be stupid...*cough* United *cough*.'' oO)

I know it's technically off-topic but what the ****:

Nice try. Tevez wasn't our player to sell, and City aren't Champions League rivals...

He was yours to sign; you refused the option knowing full well he'd go to a rival and bang them in (as he has done). City will be CL rivals next year.

Kaka was injured for half of the season and still managed to play almost 30 games (20 + 8) and score 9 goals, with 4 assists. I wouldn't really say that's not fitting in..

Utd clearly are as good without Ronaldo - they've effectively won the league this season by being consistently good, even if they haven't set the world alight (Who has? Chelsea had a big dip in the middle, Arsenal fell away again, Spurs and City are still some way behind the Big 3 and Liverpool have had half a good season). Not really "awful" decisions, then - some fairly good ones since they signed the brilliant Antonio Valencia for 1/4 of the price they sold Ronaldo for.

If a player like Tevez isn't happy - he has to be let go. City will either bring in yet another 'exciting striker' or will make do with the tons of strikers they have already. All of whom are PL standard.

Even with the weakening the Premier League still dominates La Liga. La Liga only have 2 (3) clubs who would be able to challenge the Champions League while the Premier League have like 6 teams.

2 La Liga clubs - Madrid and Barca. Valencia got hammered by Madrid('s RESERVES) recently and Villarreal may win the EL but are by no means up to their standard (or that of most English clubs in Europe). The PL has 6??? I'd argue we have 2/3 - United, Chelsea (Arsenal)

He was yours to sign; you refused the option knowing full well he'd go to a rival and bang them in (as he has done). City will be CL rivals next year.

Yes, we could've signed him and thank GOD we didn't. Jimmer was acting like we had sold him directly to City. Also, I'm aware City will be in the CL next year, but they weren't champions league rivals in summer '09 were they?

/needlessofftopicdiscussion

#continuiningofftopicdiscussion needlessly?
Perhaps but I said nothing about Tevez-United lmao I just replied to the idea City would sell to Madrid for 30+Canales, firstly Canales is going out on loan next season along with Leon and City would want Higuain/Gago and they have no need for money. I made the point that they would not sell their CAPTAIN to a champions league rival without getting sufficient quality back in the form of P/E
Bit like United only City need world class players and with Ronaldo United/Glaziers wanted money.

Point made move on but you clearly missed the point that I was talking about Beckham/Heinze/Ronaldo to Madrid other than Tevez to City.

#offtopicpointsufficientlymade

Carry on on topic

I think 6 can be justified. With a few improvements, both Arsenal and Liverpool could be considered contenders. Chelsea and Man Utd are already and City has the players for it.

I know it's technically off-topic but what the ****:

United offered him the contract but he rejected it. Not our fault he decided to go somewhere else for more money.

Newcastle have been heavily linked with Malaga and Venezuela forward Jose Salomon Rondon. Records this season are as follows - 31 apps, 16 goals, 2 assists. At 21, could be a great buy.

Newcastle have been heavily linked with Malaga and Venezuela forward Jose Salomon Rondon. Records this season are as follows - 31 apps, 16 goals, 2 assists. At 21, could be a great buy.

I've heard really good things from this guy, and from what I've seen I reckon he has the potential to be a terrific signing for you.

I've heard really good things from this guy, and from what I've seen I reckon he has the potential to be a terrific signing for you.

Depends on whether he wants to move, now that Malaga have billionaire owners....

Depends on whether he wants to move, now that Malaga have billionaire owners....

And taxes are lower in Spain, but moving to England is tempting for many a player. Also, he's still young, he's got time to make his fortune, maybe he'll choose reputation over money.

Mancini said Tevez wants move to Italy. I think it will be to Inter Milan. Very good player and can games on is own.

But can Inter match his wage demands? or any other club other than City can match his wage demands?

On thing is for sure, he is a dressing room cancer and would create lot of problems as his agent is a ****.

He has not stayed more than 2 years at any club and he wants to return to Boca at around 29-30 mark. Very risky business this..​

Mancini said Tevez wants move to Italy. I think it will be to Inter Milan. Very good player and can games on is own.

But can Inter match his wage demands? or any other club other than City can match his wage demands?

On thing is for sure, he is a dressing room cancer and would create lot of problems as his agent is a ****.

He has not stayed more than 2 years at any club and he wants to return to Boca at around 29-30 mark. Very risky business this..​

Inter can pull big wages off when they need to, but they would obviously prefer not to.

Inter can pull big wages off when they need to, but they would obviously prefer not to.

There will be a massive ego clash between Eto'o and Tevez. Both needs ridiculous wages. Inter is the only likely destination now if he moves to Italy unless Juvetus spends loads and improve their whole squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back