The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really negative comment. Finishing outside of the Champions League is just going to motivate us to play better next year, we will come back better then ever, think of the money we got from getting into the last 8 of the Champions League as well. Not to mention Man City will have the burden of player every other Tuesday, Wednesday for how ever long, so we will be fresher than them.

You'll be playing roughly the same amount seeing as you will most likely get into the Europa League.

Agree with Jake about some big names leaving. Wouldn't be surprised if Bale and Modric leave tbh.

When I read about Kaka they said he could be going to Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or QPR. Why not throw Leyton Orient into the mix as well XD

If he comes to Spurs:

Huddlestone Sandro
Lennon Modric/Kaka Bale
Van Der Vaart

I reckon VDV would do great up front

:facepalm: The Guardian made up the Kaka > QPR rumour as a joke:

"Kaká's mum has let slip on Twitter that the not-that-good-any-more Brazilian is set to move to London this summer. "Next season we will be in London spreading the word of God," she wrote. "We will be there from August. I tell you." The tweet was later deleted, but speculation continues to rage about whether the Real Madrid bench-warmer will be signing for Chelsea or for QPR, although the possibility of him signing for Neil Warnock's newly-promoted side has just been made up by the Mill for a bit of a laugh."

Football transfer rumours: Manchester City to swoop for Cesc Fábregas? | Football | guardian.co.uk

Hardly, because Spurs will be playing every Thursday, and I'd expect them to go far in the Europa League. You'll do well to improve your squad for next season

They might not be ;)

Well, we do have the advantage over Spurs. 2 points ahead, and a home fixture on Sunday vs them were we could guarantee fifth. But yes, I believe Spurs will start to crumble away now, imagine a large re-shuffle of dead wood too. Kranjcar, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko, etc and probably one of their big players (Modric)

Doubt Pienaar will leave, only signed in January. Maybe he's a replacement for Bale? :O :P

Expect Modric to leave before Bale does..

Wouldnt mind seeing Kaka in a Chelsea shirt but will he be able to do the business? He has never played in the premier league before and may not be able to settle and also since his been at Real Madrid it seems like his been getting wuite a few injuries so he may be a bit injury proned.

Not sure why people are questioning Kaka and Canales.

The former spent 8 months out and yet:

Still managed to score 9 goals in 20 starts (+8) and has 4 assists.

That's all comps. His La Liga record is even better: 7 goals, 3 assists, 9 starts (+3).

On the latter - he's 20 and going on loan next season by the sound of things. Maybe he moved too early, but I'm not sure we can say he would have got first team football at say, Chelsea or Manchester United. He still has potential and he needs time IMO.

Hardly, because Spurs will be playing every Thursday, and I'd expect them to go far in the Europa League. You'll do well to improve your squad for next season

Optimist. Tottenham's next port of call is Anfield. If they lose that one they're toast regarding European football next season.

Nope, Birmingham get that place. Stoke the other.

Oh right, didn't realise that Stoke automatically got their place. In that case, Tottenham will lose at least one of their stars with no European football next season. Judging by 'Arry's recent comments, it sounds like Man City might have bought them (Rumours of Bale & Modric for £70m?)

Love how that now we're not in the CL we automatically have to sell our top players and no doubt they will all be wanting out now.

*Facepalm*

Oh right, didn't realise that Stoke automatically got their place. In that case, Tottenham will lose at least one of their stars with no European football next season. Judging by 'Arry's recent comments, it sounds like Man City might have bought them (Rumours of Bale & Modric for £70m?)

No way :D

The last club spurs would sell to is mancity. i think we are looking elsewhere tbh. the reason 'arry said it...was because brian marwood is friends with him and he has told him something. and marwood is one of city directors.

In the next 2 or 3 weeks, the De Gea deal will happen according to this story here. I hope so.

Also, our young fullback Joe Dugeon has joined Hull for an undisclosed fee. Source.

In the next 2 or 3 weeks, the De Gea deal will happen according to this story here. I hope so.

Also, our young fullback Joe Dugeon has joined Hull for an undisclosed fee. Source.

No way :D

The last club spurs would sell to is mancity. i think we are looking elsewhere tbh.

Both of these things were actually talked about by Dan Taylor for the Guardian with some interesting answers.. (Not Dudgeon, but De Gea and Redknapp's comments about having our brains blown out)

Manchester United and Manchester City webchat | Daniel Taylor | Football | guardian.co.uk

Don't 6th place enter the qualifying round for the Europa League?

No.

The FA Cup winner/loser occupies one Europa slot & ditto for the League Cup winner/loser; if the winner of either domestic cup is CL-qualified then the runner-up qualifies for the Europa League. Thus there's only one slot left open for teams judged on league position & 6th position is a fail.

Mancini wants Ibra....no fooking no !!

Overrated and he sucked against spurs.

And city are in for fabregas....

wtf? how unrealistic can those rumours be..?

Mancini wants Ibra....no fooking no !!

Overrated and he sucked against spurs.

And city are in for fabregas....

wtf? how unrealistic can those rumours be..?

Pffft. If City signed Zlatan he'd instantly become the best player there. One game against Spurs doesn't mean he's poor ffs, at Barca he didn't really fit into their system; but he's been quality everywhere else. IMO, the only reason Mancini wants him is because Ibra has won the league with every team he's played for & Roberto probably thinks City will win it with him. There's no chance of that happening anyway, Milan will sign him permanently for £20M.

As for Fabregas, according to The Sun, Mancini was asked who would make his side PL champs next season; and he replied "Cesc Fabregas''. I doubt he'd play for any other English side tbh, he doesn't strike me as the Torres-type.

Pffft. If City signed Zlatan he'd instantly become the best player there. One game against Spurs doesn't mean he's poor ffs, at Barca he didn't really fit into their system; but he's been quality everywhere else. IMO, the only reason Mancini wants him is because Ibra has won the league with every team he's played for & Roberto probably thinks City will win it with him. There's no chance of that happening anyway, Milan will sign him permanently for £20M.

As for Fabregas, according to The Sun, Mancini was asked who would make his side PL champs next season; and he replied "Cesc Fabregas''. I doubt he'd play for any other English side tbh, he doesn't strike me as the Torres-type.

Torres didn't strike people as the "Torres-type" a few weeks before he moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back