The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool are ready to sell flying Dutchman Ryan Babel to Steve McClaren’s German giants Wolfsburg in a shock £9 million deal.
Babel is wanted by McClaren’s wealthy club and talks between the clubs were at an advanced stage last night.
Boss Roy Hodgson has overlooked Babel so far as he plans for the season and it is up to the former Ajax player to accept the move as Wolfsburg will pay the fee.
The Babel sale would be a surprise windfall for Liverpool who have been trying to move out unwanted fringe men all summer without too much success.

Hodgson thinks he can do without Babel, whose erratic style has failed to impress since Rafa Benitez bought him a couple of years ago. The money would help with the club’s finances while they sort out their potential takeover.
Babel was also wanted by Birmingham City but Wolfsburg are the clear leaders in the race.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Wolfsburg-line-up-shock-9m-deal-for-Liverpool-midfielder-Ryan-Babel-exclusive-article556969.html#ixzz0wy5RSEiK

If Babel goes out for 9m tha should create some funds for a good striker, maybe Remy, or Cole who have been linked with us.

Cavalieri has gone to Cesena. Loan deal with option to buy for £1m. *sigh*

just had a text from a mate who lives in Manchester quite close to Old Trafford. he claims to have seen FC Porto's, Raul Meireles close to the ground. FC Porto have a Europa League match tomorrow but Meireles has not been included in the squad. how much truth in this I dont know but he would be a good signing for United.

just had a text from a mate who lives in Manchester quite close to Old Trafford. he claims to have seen FC Porto's, Raul Meireles close to the ground. FC Porto have a Europa League match tomorrow but Meireles has not been included in the squad. how much truth in this I dont know but he would be a good signing for United.

if true he is a excellent footballer and would suite the pl easily.

hundreds of Arsenal Rumors on this website for the Arsenal Fan's on this site!

One of the rumors say that Mark Scwarzer will by signed by Thursday and will play against Blackpool on Saturday !

Heard about that the other day.

I'm a long time admirer of Raul Meireles, and he is like the Portuguese Scholes.. He can spread the play, breaks it up well and arrives late in the box to get goals.

I would love him at Old Trafford. He would easily displace Michael Carrick in the starting XI IMO, at least I hope so anyway. He's also fairly young (24 I think) and wouldn't command too much of a fee or wages.

Would love it if this happened, just love it (big Kevin Keegan pun intended).

He's actually 27 already. Still I liked him as a player and would definitely be happy if he joins Man Utd.

Greek press are saying Nemeth is going to Olympiakos. Discussing personal terms and then it's a done deal. No price mentioned yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back