The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
People, include your sources in your posts please. Otherwise, it's just bullcrap for the rest of us.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...eri-set-for-move-to-Cesena-article558125.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6320672,00.html

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe...+cavalieri+cesena&spell=1&fp=3cf4037228613737

I would hate to see Nemeth leave, he has never been given a real chance at Liverpool, always shipped off on loan, he has a great future ahead of him, guarantee he will leave Liverpool and end up having a great career.

Also is Insua still at the club? He hasnt been involved at all this season and there is no profile for him on the Liverpool website, but ive found nothing about him leaving, i know he was in talks with Fironteina but last i heard contract talks had broken down.

Not a rumour but a done deal http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6320372,00.html 14 year old Iaia Embarlo joins from Oldham

Last edited:
Also is Insua still at the club? He hasnt been involved at all this season and there is no profile for him on the Liverpool website, but ive found nothing about him leaving, i know he was in talks with Fironteina but last i heard contract talks had broken down.

His Fiorentina move fell through over his wage demands (he wants £32k a week). Last week a move to Genoa fell through for the same reason.

Ruben Reid has left WBA and joined Walsall on loan.
Jon Macken is expected to complete his move to Walsall today, or later this week.
Walsall manager also expects one more transfer in today (probably a centre mid)

Kevin Prince Boateng has joined AC Milan on loan, from Genoa...Days after joining

He has a deal in place to sign full time for AC next year, i think what your find is in Italy your only allow to sign to Non europeans from abroad in a summer permately, and AC have probaly already got theres. so did a deal with Genoa

Olympiakos have confirmed they've signed Nemeth on a 3 year deal. Don't know fee yet.

Source: their official website.

Second Scwarzer Bid Rejected

Arsenal have had a second bid rejected for Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.
The Gunners, who bid £2million for the stopper back in May, failed to improve on their original offer and the west Londoners immediately told their city rivals where to go.
It's believed Arsenal were confident of landing the 37-year-old for the original price after he hit Fulham with a transfer request, but Mark Hughes is determined to stand his ground and get what he considers to be a more realistic price for the veteran keeper.
Arsene Wenger though clearly isn't keen on upping his original offer, and may now turn his attention to Shay Given, or Maarten Stekelenberg of Ajax.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ed-by-Fulham-article558771.html#ixzz0x57AAI70

Dunc - you ninja closed a thread :D

very wierd one for me, roy got it wrong imo. you finally get some depth and he's sending the cover on loan?

We still owe Roma £4m for him, and the transfer also has appearance add-ons which he'd presumably trigger over the course of the next season.

If no-one comes in with a decent bid for Mash, then club will continue to look to cut costs.

Cavalieri is being reported now as going for £3m. Nemeth gone and reported to be around £1m with a 25% sell-on clause.

We're still something like £14m short of being in balance for this financial year just on straight transfer fees. So can understand it purely from that financial view - get Aquilani's wages off the books for a season and get a loan fee and you could be saving around half that number.

But as you say, it makes no sense in terms of squad depth/quality although we've now got the all-conquering Joe Cole (who is apparantly a 'god' already lulz).

Mightily ****** off mate. Knowing that this kind of thing could happen and that this is where our wank owners were taking us still doesn't make it easier to take. And much as I'd like to think Mr.Hodgson would want to play progressive, decent football, I've got the feeling that he'll be struggling come Christmas if we get more than a couple of injuries to our first eleven.

Dunc - you ninja closed a thread :D

We still owe Roma £4m for him, and the transfer also has appearance add-ons which he'd presumably trigger over the course of the next season.

If no-one comes in with a decent bid for Mash, then club will continue to look to cut costs.

Cavalieri is being reported now as going for £3m. Nemeth gone and reported to be around £1m with a 25% sell-on clause.

We're still something like £14m short of being in balance for this financial year just on straight transfer fees. So can understand it purely from that financial view - get Aquilani's wages off the books for a season and get a loan fee and you could be saving around half that number.

But as you say, it makes no sense in terms of squad depth/quality although we've now got the all-conquering Joe Cole (who is apparantly a 'god' already lulz).

Mightily ****** off mate. Knowing that this kind of thing could happen and that this is where our wank owners were taking us still doesn't make it easier to take. And much as I'd like to think Mr.Hodgson would want to play progressive, decent football, I've got the feeling that he'll be struggling come Christmas if we get more than a couple of injuries to our first eleven.
well the one thing going for him is that hes english, so the flak will come in later rather than sooner. it seems like you free one hand only to have the other tied behind your back

well the one thing going for him is that hes english, so the flak will come in later rather than sooner. it seems like you free one hand only to have the other tied behind your back

According to this morning's Italian press, we're trying to swap Aquilani for, erm, Melo as we've evidently got a shortage of defensively minded midfielders for our defence to punt the ball over. oO)

Newcastle stil favourites to land Hatem Ben Arfa, although Werder Bremen have made a 6.5m euro bid for him to replace Mesut Ozil. Player has said he wants to play in England.

Newcastle have made a 3m bid for Twente's Ivorian defensive midfielder Cheick Tiote. West Brom are said to be chasing him.

Rafael van der Vaart has said he is interested in joining Man Utd.

Spurs are set to make a 6m bid for Bafana midfielder Steven Pienaar, and also hope to secure Lassana Diarra on loan from Real madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back