The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc - you ninja closed a thread :D

We still owe Roma £4m for him, and the transfer also has appearance add-ons which he'd presumably trigger over the course of the next season.

If no-one comes in with a decent bid for Mash, then club will continue to look to cut costs.

Cavalieri is being reported now as going for £3m. Nemeth gone and reported to be around £1m with a 25% sell-on clause.

We're still something like £14m short of being in balance for this financial year just on straight transfer fees. So can understand it purely from that financial view - get Aquilani's wages off the books for a season and get a loan fee and you could be saving around half that number.

But as you say, it makes no sense in terms of squad depth/quality although we've now got the all-conquering Joe Cole (who is apparantly a 'god' already lulz).

Mightily ****** off mate. Knowing that this kind of thing could happen and that this is where our wank owners were taking us still doesn't make it easier to take. And much as I'd like to think Mr.Hodgson would want to play progressive, decent football, I've got the feeling that he'll be struggling come Christmas if we get more than a couple of injuries to our first eleven.
So if Gerrard gets injured, and Aquilani on loan, we'll have Poulsen, Lucas and possibly Mascherano...attacking or what/sarcasm
I'm not a fan of Aquilani, but there's no point in this loan, loaning him back to Italy, where he's grew to a different league is silly. Sell him if you don't want him ffs

Armand Traoré is linked to Benfica, as Eduardo Salvio already joined on loan.

So if Gerrard gets injured, and Aquilani on loan, we'll have Poulsen, Lucas and possibly Mascherano...attacking or what/sarcasm
I'm not a fan of Aquilani, but there's no point in this loan, loaning him back to Italy, where he's grew to a different league is silly. Sell him if you don't want him ffs

Seems like it might well be a sale after all: http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=224941

15m to 18m euros to Juve is what is being suggested. Considering we'll have paid 20m euros for him, at least it's not a crazy loss in financial terms.

Looks like the only reason Ben Arfa didnt sign last week is because L'OM wanted an automatic buy out clause if newcastle stay up. Looks like a deal is still on the cards though

136 - Alberto Aquilani set up a goal every 136 minutes - the best assist rate in the top five leagues in Europe in 2009-10. Homesick

Last edited:
The news just keeps getting better today.
http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item/185499/Zaakwaarnemer-Dirk-is-er-in-zijn-geest-nog-niet-uit.htm

redacted version as I don't speak Dutch. Deal not fully done between Inter and Liverpool. Possibility of a player swap being involved. Kuyt deciding whether he wants to go.

Even knowing that this kind of firesale was a possibility isn't quite enough preparation for it. :(

Can you post the content or brief it as i cant open the link. At work now. so..

Can you post the content or brief it as i cant open the link. At work now. so..

Zaakwaarnemer: 'Dirk is er in zijn geest nog niet uit'

20/08/2010 10:36

Liverpool en Internazionale onderhandelen op korte termijn verder over een eventuele transfer van Dirk Kuijt. De speler zelf had al een onderhoud met de Italianen.

'Dirk zat daar puur professioneel’', reageert zaakwaarnemer Rob Jansen tegen Voetbal International. 'Ja, er is dus concrete belangstelling van Inter, maar Dirk is er in zijn geest nog niet uit of hij Liverpool wel wil verlaten. Daar moet hij eerst zien uit te komen.'

'Bovendien is dit een gecompliceerde transfer. Dirk Kuijt is basisspeler van Liverpool, heeft een doorlopend contract en stond kort geleden nog in de WK-finale. Daar zal een bepaalde transfersom tegen over moeten staan. De deal kan dus ook gewoon niet doorgaan.'

'Los daarvan is de keuze eerst aan Dirk zelf. Hij kan de stap naar Inter maken of gewoon bij Liverpool blijven. Je mag dat beschouwen als een luxe positie. Het is ook nog een optie dat een speler van Inter in de deal met Dirk Kuijt wordt betrokken', aldus Jansen.

Zebedee, i didnt know its dutch one.. Didnt understand even a single point or the conclusion.

Zebedee, i didnt know its dutch one.. Didnt understand even a single point or the conclusion.

It's summarised in my initial post then mate :)

Deal not fully done between Inter and Liverpool. Possibility of a player swap being involved. Kuyt deciding whether he wants to go.

The news just keeps getting better today.
http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item/185499/Zaakwaarnemer-Dirk-is-er-in-zijn-geest-nog-niet-uit.htm

redacted version as I don't speak Dutch. Deal not fully done between Inter and Liverpool. Possibility of a player swap being involved. Kuyt deciding whether he wants to go.

Even knowing that this kind of firesale was a possibility isn't quite enough preparation for it. :(
Nooo... my favourite Liverpool player. What the **** is Roy doing? Well, at least he's going to be reunited with Benitez.

Newcastle stil favourites to land Hatem Ben Arfa, although Werder Bremen have made a 6.5m euro bid for him to replace Mesut Ozil. Player has said he wants to play in England..

Werder Bremen Today Denied They Were Intrested In Hatem :D

I can understand the sale of Kuyt, as much as I love him and would happily see him finish his career at Liverpool. He's reached 30 and it could be seen as the time to cash in on him before his legs go. Even Kuyt can't keep up like he has for much longer, can he?

Lee, that is true, but who would raplace him in the starting 11? Maxi?

Lee, that is true, but who would raplace him in the starting 11? Maxi?

*cough* Ashley Young *cough* ;)

What I would prefer is if Aquilani went on loan, but to a premier league club just so he can gain more experience for it and come back next year.

He goes on loan to an Italian club, we might as well wave bye bye now.

*cough* Ashley Young *cough* ;)

What I would prefer is if Aquilani went on loan, but to a premier league club just so he can gain more experience for it and come back next year.

He goes on loan to an Italian club, we might as well wave bye bye now.

He's come back from a series of serious injuries, I don't really think the Premier League is the place for him. Have a solid season in Italy, IMO.

And Lee has pretty mush summed up my view of Kuyt. Love him, but it's either sell him now or have him until he retires. And once he gets old, he's going to lose his biggest asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back