The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Aquilani, we have Gerrard, Cole and Pacheco that can play in the hole, and I know he wouldn't like it but Babel could fill in there as well.

In Centre Midfield we have Gerrard, Shelvey, Mascherano, Lucas, Poulsen.

We have a lot of centralised options; whether it be in a CM role or a AMC role. And if we do have injuries we can adopt Roy's preferred 4-4-2 formation which doesn't see the need for an AMC.

At first I wasn't overly keen on Roy but he seems to be doing well so far so stop ****** moaning and get behind the team. Just because ''Il Principino'' has gone it doesn't mean it is the end of the world.
Poulsen is not better than Lucas or Mascherano. Joe Cole has played for so long in the wings that he has forgotten what was to be a playmaker. Gerrard cant do that role, he is not that type of player. Pacheco and Shelvey are youngsters, you cant rely them.
Roy is gonna have to make a lot of points if the wants to be here next season.
Im behind Liverpool and I will always be, since Im a fan of the club and not of the players. But, Im not behind this manager.

Last edited:
Poulsen is not better than Lucas or Mascherano. Joe Cole has played for so long in the wings that he has forgotten what was to be a playmaker. Gerrard cant do that role, he is not that type of player. Pacheco and Shelvey are youngsters, you cant rely them.
Roy is gonna have to make a lot of points if the wants to be here next season.
Im behind Liverpool and I will always be, since Im a fan of the club and not of the players. But, Im not behind this manager.

1. Poulsen and Lucas are two different types of players so now way you can compare them. And who's to say Mascherano is definitely leaving?! Hodgson has already said that Poulsen is not a replacement for Mascherano so that's improving strength in depth right away.

2. Joe Cole not a playmaker? 2 assists in 2 games speaks for itself...

3. Gerrard not that type of player?! Tell me that's a joke, he has played there for the last two seasons, ******* ****.

4. Everyone is raving about Pacheco, if we don't play him now when will we???

5. Not behind him?! You've not given him a ******* chance!!

Rant over.

Last edited:
gotta go with alex on this. the club, including the manager needs backing like never before, if everyone had your attitude towards roy, liverpool would be screwed this season. but then its no skin off my nose (A)

1. Poulsen and Lucas are two different types of players so now way you can compare them. And who's to say Mascherano is definitely leaving?!

2. Joe Cole not a playmaker? 2 assists in 2 games speaks for itself...

3. Gerrard not that type of player?! Tell me that's a joke, he has played there for the last two seasons, ******* ****.

4. Everyone is raving about Pacheco, if we don't play him now when will we???

5. Not behind him?! You've not given him a ******* chance!!

Rant over.
1. Lucas, Poulsen and Mascherano are defensives midfielders. Lucas was a box to box in Gremio, but he has been playing there when he was here
2. Joe Cole hasnt played as a playmaker since West Ham. Those 2 assists were against unpresentable teams. The only match he played against an opposite he didnt appear in the whole first half, and then he was sent off.
3. Gerrard is not a playmaker. Why do you think that we were so poor last season ? Xabi was the playmaker of the team, Gerrard was an attacking midfielder and that ´s why he was so good two seasons ago, because Xabi dictated the tempo and he and Torres, finished the plays.
4. Well, that ´s exactly why loans exists, to loan your youngsters, not you 20m E player.
5. With decisions like this, he doesnt deserve my support. I cant imagine how people must be in Turin. We are paying Aquilani ´s wages and giving them 1m E, and they give as ******* Poulsen so that we can pay his wages too. Brilliant !

1. Lucas, Poulsen and Mascherano are defensives midfielders. Lucas was a box to box in Gremio, but he has been playing there when he was here
2. Joe Cole hasnt played as a playmaker since West Ham. Those 2 assists were against unpresentable teams. The only match he played against an opposite he didnt appear in the whole first half, and then he was sent off.
3. Gerrard is not a playmaker. Why do you think that we were so poor last season ? Xabi was the playmaker of the team, Gerrard was an attacking midfielder and that ´s why he was so good two seasons ago, because Xabi dictated the tempo and he and Torres, finished the plays.
4. Well, that ´s exactly why loans exists, to loan your youngsters, not you 20m E player.
5. With decisions like this, he doesnt deserve my support. I cant imagine how people must be in Turin. We are paying Aquilani ´s wages and giving them 1m E, and they give as ******* Poulsen so that we can pay his wages too. Brilliant !

1. No, Poulsen and Mascherano are defensive midfielders. Lucas is an attacking midfielder and is more than capable of doing a job when he is played there. Take Benfica at Anfield last season for example and even his run for the penalty yesterday.

2. What do you expect when Arsenal man mark him completely meaning that we have to just bypass him? Otherwise we'd lose the ball, at least going straight to the front man and not through Joe Cole he can run forward in the hope of losing his man. Unpresentable teams?! What on earth are unpresentable teams. I'd love to hear this one.

3. Not once did I mention Gerrard was a playmaker, I assumed you meant the AMC role he was playing, he can do a job as a playmaker but to see he is over-rated there is an understatement. However, again it doesn't dispute that he can do a decent job there alongside Lucas/Mascherano/Poulsen. You're not seriously telling me that we went from 2nd one season to 7th the next just because of one player? Dear oh dear, especially as we're a ''2 man team''.

4. What use is it sending Pacheco on loan to a championship side etc? He'd absolutely tear it apart. The time for him is now, that's why Roy Hodgson hasn't sent him on loan because he is 19, if he is going to make it that time is now. This season will be his breakthrough season.

5. Again, clearly Roy didn't see much in Aquilani and as stated in a previous post we have many options there more than capable of being able to fill in for Joe Cole. And as madsheep said, as a club we need support from the ''fans'' now like never before, get behind the team and get behind the manager ffs.

1. No, Poulsen and Mascherano are defensive midfielders. Lucas is an attacking midfielder and is more than capable of doing a job when he is played there. Take Benfica at Anfield last season for example and even his run for the penalty yesterday.

2. What do you expect when Arsenal man mark him completely meaning that we have to just bypass him? Otherwise we'd lose the ball, at least going straight to the front man and not through Joe Cole he can run forward in the hope of losing his man. Unpresentable teams?! What on earth are unpresentable teams. I'd love to hear this one.

3. Not once did I mention Gerrard was a playmaker, I assumed you meant the AMC role he was playing, he can do a job as a playmaker but to see he is over-rated there is an understatement. However, again it doesn't dispute that he can do a decent job there alongside Lucas/Mascherano/Poulsen. You're not seriously telling me that we went from 2nd one season to 7th the next just because of one player? Dear oh dear, especially as we're a ''2 man team''.

4. What use is it sending Pacheco on loan to a championship side etc? He'd absolutely tear it apart. The time for him is now, that's why Roy Hodgson hasn't sent him on loan because he is 19, if he is going to make it that time is now. This season will be his breakthrough season.

5. Again, clearly Roy didn't see much in Aquilani and as stated in a previous post we have many options there more than capable of being able to fill in for Joe Cole. And as madsheep said, as a club we need support from the ''fans'' now like never before, get behind the team and get behind the manager ffs.
1. Interesting how you are so convinced that Lucas is an attacking midfielder when he actually never played in that position in his career ! Im southamerican and I watch a lot of brazilian football. I can assure you that in Gremio he played as a box to box.
2. In Spanish is an expression, I didnt know that there it doesnt mean anything. I was trying to say that we play against extremely poor teams (he was also playing with good players in Liverpool side and not just youngsters, just in case you want to compare it with that game in Macedonia).
3. Well, he didnt do a decent job last season having Mascherano and Lucas behind him, why would he do it now ?
4. I would loan him to Malaga, as he asked.
5. Let ´s see what happens when Cole is injured. Except Gerrard has a completely different mentality than last year, I think we wont have a cover for him.
Dude, I´m behind the team and I´m behind the squad. It ´s just that I´m not and I won ´t be behind this manager.

Anyone know how much Kuyt is supposed to be going for?

Gyliano van Velzen a 16 year old from the Ajax youth academy has apparently signed for Man Utd at some time over the last few weeks. Ajax aren't too happy about how it has gone through.

Gyliano van Velzen a 16 year old from the Ajax youth academy has apparently signed for Man Utd at some time over the last few weeks. Ajax aren't too happy about how it has gone through.

Care to elaborate?

Was there not a bid for Aquilani that was a buy bid and not a loan bid? Should have sold him and not loaned him tbh, however im fully behind Roy and his decisions because he knows more about football than me!

Its nothing new to offer familys of players homes etc. Familys of decent young players under the age of 16 especially those who come from poorer backgrounds are often given homes, larege sums of money etc if the player agrees to join the club. There was a documentary on ESPN about this, it was a few years old but im sure its still the same now.

Roy has come out and said Mascherano and Kuyt will not be leaving for Inter which is great because i like both. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...erpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-article559897.html

Back page of the Star this morning, rumours that Drogba could be going to Madrid for £20 million.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anyone know how much Kuyt is supposed to be going for?

Somewhere between £8m and £15m. He's not for sale apparantly, but does have the offer to consider. Which makes no sense whatsoever. Mr.Hodgson said he's spoken to Inter's owner and had been told that Inter wouldn't be bidding for any Liverpool player and so the Kuyt story was nonsense. Only for Moratti to say the next day that they would be bidding for Kuyt and for Kuyt himself to say he's considering the offer from Inter.

Aquilani is on loan at Juve now. No fee, Juve to pay wages. Meant to be a buy clause for Juve to get him at the end of the season for somewhere around 16m Euros.

Somewhere between £8m and £15m. He's not for sale apparantly, but does have the offer to consider. Which makes no sense whatsoever. Mr.Hodgson said he's spoken to Inter's owner and had been told that Inter wouldn't be bidding for any Liverpool player and so the Kuyt story was nonsense. Only for Moratti to say the next day that they would be bidding for Kuyt and for Kuyt himself to say he's considering the offer from Inter.

Aquilani is on loan at Juve now. No fee, Juve to pay wages. Meant to be a buy clause for Juve to get him at the end of the season for somewhere around 16m Euros.
This is messed up. We buy an injured player for £20m and when he's back to fitness, we loan him with a potential to sell for £4m loss? This might probably be the first of Roy's notable mistakes. And as much as I like Kuyt, I'm not opposed to selling him at the right price. But if anybody should be sold, it's Babel.

BTW, is there a clear confirmation that we've made a bid for Ola Toivonen?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Liverpool bid £15m for Bryan Ruiz?

Yeah right.

BTW, is there a clear confirmation that we've made a bid for Ola Toivonen?t

Clear confirmation that we've scouted him and are interested. Beyond that nowt official.

Euros aren't pounds btw ;) 20m Euros is about £16.5m. The combined cost (including signing on fees and agents fees) for Aquilani and the Greek was/will be £20.4m if no add-ons are triggered.

I wouldnt mind us getting Toivonen, from what ive seen of him on youtube he looks fairly decent and scores alot of headed goals. He can play upfront as a lone striker and can play in the role just behind the striker which would be useful if Gerrard and Cole are injured at same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back