The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we need to sell Insua though, Insua may not have the experience of Konchesky but in a year or two Insua will have developed to be as good, maybe even better than him. I dont understand who we will get to replace Mascherano and Lucas, and are we still looking for a striker? Also how much money will Roy be given from the transfers because im sure he wont get all of the money from selling Lucas, Mascherano, Dalle Valle. It makes me so angry and even brings a lump to my throat that 2 seasons ago we came 2nd in the league and now we may even struggle to finish 7th. I am trying to keep positive about the season but its very hard to.

Why do we need to sell Insua though, Insua may not have the experience of Konchesky but in a year or two Insua will have developed to be as good, maybe even better than him. I dont understand who we will get to replace Mascherano and Lucas, and are we still looking for a striker? Also how much money will Roy be given from the transfers because im sure he wont get all of the money from selling Lucas, Mascherano, Dalle Valle. It makes me so angry and even brings a lump to my throat that 2 seasons ago we came 2nd in the league and now we may even struggle to finish 7th. I am trying to keep positive about the season but its very hard to.

Makes you wonder how people support anyone outside of the 'big four', doesn't it?

Dalle Valle yes please, can't say I heard of your other fella but Malcolm Elias our head of youth must be big fans of them if he wants them at Fulham. Elias is the ex Liverpool academy chief I believe. I don't mind getting rid of Konchesky but I don't want to sell Etuhu as well.

Hodgson supporters said:
Relax. Roy has a plan.
Yeah. A plan to sell off all our midfielders and hot prospects, and replace them with old and washed-up has-beens. Bottom-half guaranteed. :@

where selling players left right and center its not like we have a month to replace these players that are going we only have 4 days i have a bad feeling that konchesky is the only player we will sign before the window close
the sooner hicks gillett purslow and the chelsea fan leave the better all use reds fans will be

i hate to say this liverpool is the next leeds if the yanks stay

One rationale is that the plan was to sell Insua and bring in a new fullback for a smaller fee. Profit on that. Insua is also still on his initial contract with the club, signed when he was a prospect. It runs out next summer and obviously he'd want a substantial increase and signing on fee as a first-team regular.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Dalle Valle yes please, can't say I heard of your other fella but Malcolm Elias our head of youth must be big fans of them if he wants them at Fulham. Elias is the ex Liverpool academy chief I believe. I don't mind getting rid of Konchesky but I don't want to sell Etuhu as well.

Good point Jack. He was behind the Buchtmann transfer (Buchtmann's since been moved to Germany hasn't he?) too I believe.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Rumours coming from Portugal that we've signed Raúl Meireles. Any Porto fans about?

One rationale is that the plan was to sell Insua and bring in a new fullback for a smaller fee. Profit on that. Insua is also still on his initial contract with the club, signed when he was a prospect. It runs out next summer and obviously he'd want a substantial increase and signing on fee as a first-team regular.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Good point Jack. He was behind the Buchtmann transfer (Buchtmann's since been moved to Germany hasn't he?) too I believe.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Rumours coming from Portugal that we've signed Raúl Meireles. Any Porto fans about?
...i will be so annoyed if this is true....

Raul Meireles was amazing in the WC wasn't he, would be an awesome signing for the 'pool.

I think there are some Porto fans on here. Nuno-something

Here's the link for the report of Merieles http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/more-fc-porto-news/14989-meirieles-to-join-liverpool-report

Last edited:
I think there are some Porto fans on here. Nuno-something

Here's the link for the report of Merieles http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/more-fc-porto-news/14989-meirieles-to-join-liverpool-report

Yeah, same chap who reported it in A Bola. So it might have some truth. Hope Porto are happy to wait for the money though >_>

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Guardian now confirming it - £10.7m or the 13m Euros being reported in Portugese press.

Renascena has reported that FC Porto midfielder Raul Meirieles is close to sealing a move to Premier League side Liverpool.
The Portuguese international has been under massive speculation all summer being linked to several of Europe's elite clubs including Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United.
The 27-year-old has yet to feature in an official match for the Dragoes, leading to constant contemplation that the player was due to leave the Portuguese club.
Renascenca has gone further and added that representatives from Porto have flown to England to finalise the deal which would see Meireles ply his trade at Anfield.
It is suspected that the former Boastiva player is seen as a direct replacement for Argentine Javier Mascherano, who is expected to join Barcelona.​

Zeb i can see the thinking behind wanting to sell Insua but i just think it would be better to keep him because he is eligible as a home grown player and has alot of potential, however we cant really afford to offer him increased wages and at least he is worth a decent amount of money.

Merieles for 10.7 mil? Bargain of the season if true.
providing roy doesnt restrict him that is...because he basically a better more mature version of what lucas/anderson are being turned into, an intelligent box to box player, equally good in both halves of the pitch

no, lucas and meirles, backing kuyt gerrard and jovanovic, backing torres. thats a dangerous front six

Ouch btw, this transfer is on every portuguese newspaper,trust me he's off :)

providing roy doesnt restrict him that is...because he basically a better more mature version of what lucas/anderson are being turned into, an intelligent box to box player, equally good in both halves of the pitch

Here's an interesting question - this one has obviously been cooking for a while. £10.7m is unlikely to be the actual cost to Liverpool this summer, and will presumably also include add-ons (we'll be paying for most of him from future sales I'd imagine). How come Ferguson wasn't able to make a matching or better bid? He's 27, he's a perfect addition to your midfield given Hargreaves injury. Guardian article says it's because Manchester United don't believe in paying big money for players over the age of 26. Under £11m is surely not big money given you've spent £7.4m on a youth player a few weeks into his first professional contract?

Very happy with the signing. But we will be paying for him eventually with future sales which is the backdrop to everything atm :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back