The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll see Liverpool now try to move on Maxi, Lucas and Insua. All three players I really like. That's me speculating btw, but there's basis in fact for thinking that.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Agree, but Cole has come to play behind Torres and Gerrard is quite insistent that he's a central midfielder. Have a strong belief that Mr.Hodgson may not be fully in control of his own destiny should certain players be available for selection.
my original fear when he joined was that the elder statesman would be reduced to nothing more than a bit of a yes man, and it seems to be going that way,

if liverpool turn up at united playing that formation, park will be in a runnin battle with meirles, flecther will own gerrard at mc and cole wont do enough to keep scholes from pinging the ball round the pitch. of course thats assuming roy wont play 4-4-2 again...

theres a lot of unsubstansiated talk that van der vaart has been transfer listed, but im highly sceptical

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Madsheep, why do you think the guardian are especially accurate about united?
I don't really keep tabs on whether certain newspapers reports are more reliable than others, so just wondering what makes you think they are?
just personal experience of what ive read when it comes to papers reporting on united over the years. they also seem less inclined to spin his words

Butchmann went back to Germany because he was homesick of something, I'm quite excited by the prospect of Dalle Valle though :D

I hope to god we'll have a future transfer fee percentage on him. Our academy staff reckoned that he's the most natural finisher they've seen since God, even though he's more of a number 10 type player. That said, he's not quite progressed as expected the past year or so. He's got the potential to be superb though. Saddening really. :( Still, at least we've still got Pacheco and Kelly and Suso and Palsson to big-up I guess.

----

Ayala's meant to have gone on loan to Hull. Can't source it though sorry.

Cole is anything but a Trequisarta, really.

And Steven Gerrard can play Centre Midfield. Of course he can.

cole wants to play in that role with freedom to drift in between midfield and defence and if you watched the game against rabotnicki he showed glimpses of pure quality... even though it was a poor team he still had all the passing qualities and final ball and you've got that no matter what team you play against.. its just weather he can apply it against say chelsea/united

and honestly steven gerrard can play anywhere :P
but his passing is quality he can tackle and tracks back so a CM role or deep lying playmaker will be perfect IMO :)

anyway off to bed lets hope as a lpool fan we get that 4th palce finish and man city get relegated cus they cant win the league/ qualiy for anythin without buying success ;)

my original fear when he joined was that the elder statesman would be reduced to nothing more than a bit of a yes man, and it seems to be going that way,

if liverpool turn up at united playing that formation, park will be in a runnin battle with meirles, flecther will own gerrard at mc and cole wont do enough to keep scholes from pinging the ball round the pitch. of course thats assuming roy wont play 4-4-2 again...

theres a lot of unsubstansiated talk that van der vaart has been transfer listed, but im highly sceptical

Our MD Purslow was giving out last season that we'd be signing Van der Vaart. So I think he is on his way out of Real Madrid. One of those players who just don't seem to have fulfilled their initial promise to me - he's a good player, but always vaguely disappointed that he's not even better. Kind of like when you watch Robinho or Diego when they're playing like donkeys if you know what I mean.

Cole is anything but a Trequisarta, really.

And Steven Gerrard can play Centre Midfield. Of course he can.

Dont understand all this **** about Gerrard not being a centre midfielder... hes an all round midfielder and can play the deep lying role when needed and also push forward when the oportunity arises. As he gets older he should mould himself into that role to get more years out of him.

Cole hasnt been given a chance as a attacking midfielder. Him an Gerrard looked amazin together with Gerrard breaking from deep and linking with Cole so im going to give it a while longer before judging.

But in my opinion Gerrard not being a centre midfielder is the biggest load of **** ever and the fact Liverpool fans are agreeing is very strange. Its not like hes fully defensive and were not holding him back because we have Masch/Poulsen/Lucas who will all sit when Gerrard breaks and its not like Gerrard isnt fit enough and fast enough to get back and forth.

I hope to god we'll have a future transfer fee percentage on him. Our academy staff reckoned that he's the most natural finisher they've seen since God, even though he's more of a number 10 type player. That said, he's not quite progressed as expected the past year or so. He's got the potential to be superb though. Saddening really. :( Still, at least we've still got Pacheco and Kelly and Suso and Palsson to big-up I guess.

----

Ayala's meant to have gone on loan to Hull. Can't source it though sorry.

Hmmm, Butchmann is a tidy little player, he was put in cm when he joined and was the reserves best player by a mile, he supposedly has a bad attitude though, I'm not sure whether we got a fee off Cologne or not.

cole wants to play in that role with freedom to drift in between midfield and defence and if you watched the game against rabotnicki he showed glimpses of pure quality... even though it was a poor team he still had all the passing qualities and final ball and you've got that no matter what team you play against.. its just weather he can apply it against say chelsea/united

and honestly steven gerrard can play anywhere :P
but his passing is quality he can tackle and tracks back so a CM role or deep lying playmaker will be perfect IMO :)

anyway off to bed lets hope as a lpool fan we get that 4th palce finish and man city get relegated cus they cant win the league/ qualiy for anythin without buying success ;)

You know what a Trequisarta is, right? It's basically a Second Striker, 'cept slightly deeper.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Dont understand all this **** about Gerrard not being a centre midfielder... hes an all round midfielder and can play the deep lying role when needed and also push forward when the oportunity arises. As he gets older he should mould himself into that role to get more years out of him.

Cole hasnt been given a chance as a attacking midfielder. Him an Gerrard looked amazin together with Gerrard breaking from deep and linking with Cole so im going to give it a while longer before judging.

But in my opinion Gerrard not being a centre midfielder is the biggest load of **** ever and the fact Liverpool fans are agreeing is very strange. Its not like hes fully defensive and were not holding him back because we have Masch/Poulsen/Lucas who will all sit when Gerrard breaks and its not like Gerrard isnt fit enough and fast enough to get back and forth.

This. Hoping Madsheep comments, tbh.

Hmmm, Butchmann is a tidy little player, he was put in cm when he joined and was the reserves best player by a mile, he supposedly has a bad attitude though, I'm not sure whether we got a fee off Cologne or not.

Sorry Jack - comment were re. LDV.

Buchtmann was an odd one. Very clearly highly skilled, Elias loved him (like he does LDV obviously) but you're right about questions over his attitude. He played at fullback for our youth team but he had the technical ability to play midfield so kind of make sense to try him out there I guess.

becuase his passing from central midfield is so wayward, he does not understand the role of the central midfielder, above all possession is key, he just hits hollywood passes all time. for every one that comes off 10 get intercepted. why do you thing rafa pushed him to amc in the first place?

fulham got salcido, jack chance he'll play this weekend?

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

sorry im gonna stop talking about gerrard and get back to the transfers, the whole central mid thing just sets me off every time though

becuase his passing from central midfield is so wayward, he does not understand the role of the central midfielder, above all possession is key, he just hits hollywood passes all time. for every one that comes off 10 get intercepted. why do you thing rafa pushed him to amc in the first place?

Were gonna have to agree to disagree.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

This. Hoping Madsheep comments, tbh.

By the way what do you mean by this full stop? and hope madsheep comments?

Anyway sorry for going off topic..

Next time you watch Gerrard play, watch how many times he loses possession versus how many times he delivers an accurate ball to set-up an attack. That's the key issue. Another one is that he'll have to learn a defensive discipline which he was never taught as one of Ged's golden boys (cf also Owen and his one-dimensional attacking play).

Can he learn that role? For sure he can. Will he learn it? I'm not sure. I hope so. But I've never seen anything to convince me that he will.

Some good analysis which touch on the problem of playing Gerrard at CM;

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/08/23/man-city-3-0-liverpool-hodgsons-4-4-2-completely-outplayed/
http://timhi.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/manchester-city-liverpool-report230810/

Nobody disputing that he can play a deep-lying role. What we're saying is that it is a waste of his considerable talents. He easily plays best when he's in behind the striker, and when Gerrard plays well, Liverpool are vastly improved.

Its not like hes fully defensive and were not holding him back because we have Masch/Poulsen/Lucas who will all sit when Gerrard breaks and its not like Gerrard isnt fit enough and fast enough to get back and forth.

Didn't you just say you wanted Gerrard to mould himself into that role as he ages? Therefore in a few years he definitely won't be fit and fast enough to get back and forth.

Sorry Jack - comment were re. LDV.

Buchtmann was an odd one. Very clearly highly skilled, Elias loved him (like he does LDV obviously) but you're right about questions over his attitude. He played at fullback for our youth team but he had the technical ability to play midfield so kind of make sense to try him out there I guess.

Got any news on the Konchesky deal, some of tomorrow's papers reporting that it is a 4 million deal, not sure where Dalle Valle and the other kid come into it.

Got any news on the Konchesky deal, some of tomorrow's papers reporting that it is a 4 million deal, not sure where Dalle Valle and the other kid come into it.

Rumour from the Liverpool end is that the two young lads are being valued at something which takes deal up to £4m with very little actual cash to change hands.

I think Meireles is a fantastic player, but Liverpool already have a great squad, Hodgson just needs to get his tactics right. Playing to deep and too rigid at the moment.

just searched this miereles transfer on google haha ....all the links on first page saying deal is done but sky sports havent said anything about it yet or have they ?

just searched this miereles transfer on google haha ....all the links on first page saying deal is done but sky sports havent said anything about it yet or have they ?

They're too interested in Konchesky

They're too interested in Konchesky

yep they are haha..went on sky sports earlier and seen konchesky face and writing underneath it saying having a medical. See how well he does at liverpool i suppose

hope mierieles story appears later today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back