The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an interesting question - this one has obviously been cooking for a while. £10.7m is unlikely to be the actual cost to Liverpool this summer, and will presumably also include add-ons (we'll be paying for most of him from future sales I'd imagine). How come Ferguson wasn't able to make a matching or better bid? He's 27, he's a perfect addition to your midfield given Hargreaves injury. Guardian article says it's because Manchester United don't believe in paying big money for players over the age of 26. Under £11m is surely not big money given you've spent £7.4m on a youth player a few weeks into his first professional contract?

Very happy with the signing. But we will be paying for him eventually with future sales which is the backdrop to everything atm :S
i dont know because clearly even with our limited funds he could have done so. the only reason i can think of is current personell, but yet that doesnt make sense either. unless hes determined to see it through with anderson, because hes the only one who comes close to filling that role.

the only other thing i can think of is that either hargreaves is coming back (really doubt it) or there is a fundamental change coming in how we play

becuase funds and wages dont come into it as far as i can tell

providing roy doesnt restrict him that is...because he basically a better more mature version of what lucas/anderson are being turned into, an intelligent box to box player, equally good in both halves of the pitch

Very true. He's a different type of player to Mascherano, but it'd free up Gerrard to move back to a second-striker position, and god knows that's what he needs, he's hopeless as a deep-lying mid.

so will liverpool line up​

DM Lucas/Poulsen DM Mereles​

AML Maxi AMR J Cole​

AMC Gerrard​

ST Torres​

No thats some midfeild
(Jealous)(A)​

My Raul Merieles haircut is going to look **** now if he plays for Liverpool, better get a haircut :P

also to add, the guardian have always been pretty much bang on re: united, so i believe there is something else happening behind the scenes. and theres a side of me thinking that its very bad

Hatem Ben Arfa and Robbie Keane look likely to join Newcastle on loan on Monday.

also to add, the guardian have always been pretty much bang on re: united, so i believe there is something else happening behind the scenes. and theres a side of me thinking that its very bad

Yeah, not a fishing trip but it's a really bizarre one for me. You've got a £75m loan facility which can be used for transfers if needed (albeit at the risk of triggering nasty penalty clauses if your debt to profit ratio gets worse). Either you've got someone else lined up or that Bebe signing just looks increasingly odd, no matter how much Ferguson says the criticism is 'bitter'.

Yeah, not a fishing trip but it's a really bizarre one for me. You've got a £75m loan facility which can be used for transfers if needed (albeit at the risk of triggering nasty penalty clauses if your debt to profit ratio gets worse). Either you've got someone else lined up or that Bebe signing just looks increasingly odd, no matter how much Ferguson says the criticism is 'bitter'.
im gonna wait on bebe, because i can understand the fitness side, united have exceptional levels of fitness. but its a weird one anyway you shape it. though he could stun us all since not every player develops early

i wonder if we do have someone else lined up in amc like a van der vaart type player that would change the way we line up, and thus perhaps remove the need for a deeper player. the end of the window will be interesting

Raul Meireles looks set to complete a 10.7Million pound move from porto!
last year of contract at porto so they dont want to lose him on a free next year

Replacement for mascherano would presumably see him slot next to gerrard CM

Also rumours of pazzini joining for 14million but that is just pure rumours

got beat to it like 1 houer ago LOL just read
SORRY! :)

Meireles great news... hopefully everything will start coming together in the next few weeks.

Apperently were looking to sign that wolfwinkel looks like a proper poacher!

so will liverpool line up​

DM Lucas/Poulsen DM Mereles​

AML Maxi AMR J Cole​

AMC Gerrard​

ST Torres​

No thats some midfeild
(Jealous)(A)​

sorry but i really doubt that jugding by so far this seaosn cole will play off torres gerrard deeper ina deep lying plamaker role

Raul Meireles - Steven Gerrard
Dirk Kuyt - Joe Cole - Jovanovic
Torres

I could put money on it being that... maxi wont start.. he nearly left like a week ago on loan to espanyol :)

sorry but i really doubt that jugding by so far this seaosn cole will play off torres gerrard deeper ina deep lying plamaker role

Raul Meireles - Steven Gerrard
Dirk Kuyt - Joe Cole - Jovanovic
Torres

I could put money on it being that... maxi wont start.. he nearly left like a week ago on loan to espanyol :)
that is a flawed line up anyway you look at to be honest. gerrard is not a deep lying central midfielder, and joe cole isnt really an avdaned playmaker, however much he claims its his best position. roy needs to sort that out if liverpool want to do better than midtable

Think we'll see Liverpool now try to move on Maxi, Lucas and Insua. All three players I really like. That's me speculating btw, but there's basis in fact for thinking that.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

that is a flawed line up anyway you look at to be honest. gerrard is not a deep lying central midfielder, and joe cole isnt really an avdaned playmaker, however much he claims its his best position. roy needs to sort that out if liverpool want to do better than midtable

Agree, but Cole has come to play behind Torres and Gerrard is quite insistent that he's a central midfielder. Have a strong belief that Mr.Hodgson may not be fully in control of his own destiny should certain players be available for selection.

tbh i really think both can play in that position and do really well for liverpool....

me personally would go for:

reina
johnson - carra - agger - konchesky (guna join soon)
raul meireles
kuyt - jovanovic
cole - gerrard
torres

4-3-2-1 ;)
Two CAM behind torres to give him more support ;) i would put another CM in an put cole left but i dont wna play poulsen or lucas startin tbh :P

tbh i really think both can play in that position and do really well for liverpool....

me personally would go for:

reina
johnson - carra - agger - konchesky (guna join soon)
raul meireles
kuyt - jovanovic
cole - gerrard
torres

4-3-2-1 ;)
Two CAM behind torres to give him more support ;) i would put another CM in an put cole left but i dont wna play poulsen or lucas startin tbh :P

That's suicidal. One defensively minded midfielder, with five attack-minded players ahead of him? Gerrard and Cole either won't track back, or will and blunt their attacking potency. Kuyt and Jovanovic are good wide players, but they don't play in the centre. You'd have Merieles by himself in the middle of the park facing potentially four players. Good luck to him...

Good point Jack. He was behind the Buchtmann transfer (Buchtmann's since been moved to Germany hasn't he?) too I believe.

Butchmann went back to Germany because he was homesick of something, I'm quite excited by the prospect of Dalle Valle though :D

Madsheep, why do you think the guardian are especially accurate about united?
I don't really keep tabs on whether certain newspapers reports are more reliable than others, so just wondering what makes you think they are?

Last edited:
That's suicidal. One defensively minded midfielder, with five attack-minded players ahead of him? Gerrard and Cole either won't track back, or will and blunt their attacking potency. Kuyt and Jovanovic are good wide players, but they don't play in the centre. You'd have Merieles by himself in the middle of the park facing potentially four players. Good luck to him...

yeah i 100% agree with what your saying but under rafa we had 6 years of boring defensive football and to watch was awful haha! bit of fun and goals and everyhtin might do the trick..!

on a more serious note id stick with hodgson's plans...
meirieles (CM Support) - gerrard (Deep lying playmaker)
kuyt - cole (teresquita) - jovanovic
torres

yeah i 100% agree with what your saying but under rafa we had 6 years of boring defensive football and to watch was awful haha! bit of fun and goals and everyhtin might do the trick..!

on a more serious note id stick with hodgson's plans...
meirieles (CM Support) - gerrard (Deep lying playmaker)
kuyt - cole (teresquita) - jovanovic
torres

Cole is anything but a Trequisarta, really.

And Steven Gerrard can play Centre Midfield. Of course he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back