The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also be making a bid for Gokhan Inler according to BBC Sport transfer rumour page. Daniel Ayala has moved to Hull on loan for the season, Rafael Benitez thought very highly of Ayala.

Last edited:
Confirmed:!

1400: BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS:
Newcastle have announced the signing of Hatem Ben Arfa on an initial season-long loan deal from Marseille.

From BBC, what a signing for us!

From Barca's official site: "Javier Mascherano has arrived in Barcelona and travelled straight to the club’s offices at Camp Nou where he posed for photographers ahead of undergoing a medical. Mascherano will not undergo a medical until Monday. The first part of his tests will take place at 08:00 in the Hospital de Barcelona before the travels to the FC Barcelona Centro Médico at Camp Nou at 11:00. Afterwards he will sign his contract and be prevented as a new Barça player in the afternoon."

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Liverpool are allowing youngsters Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to join Fulham as part of the deal to sign Paul Konchesky, Sunderland want Stoke forward Tuncay.

Hercules CF have signed French striker David Trezeguet, after Juve terminated his contract.

Martin Caceres looks set to join Sevilla from Barca.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar is on his way to Germany after Schalke had a 14m euro bid accepted.

Hassan Yebda has joined Napoli on loan from Benfica.

Hercules CF have signed French striker David Trezeguet, after Juve terminated his contract.

Martin Caceres looks set to join Sevilla from Barca.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar is on his way to Germany after Schalke had a 14m euro bid accepted.

Hassan Yebda has joined Napoli on loan from Benfica.
With Huntelaar schalke have a pretty scary looking attack with Huntelaar, Farfan, Rakitic and Raul

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-agree-meireles-fee

Liverpool have confirmed a fee has been agreed with FC Porto for the transfer of Portuguese midfielder Raul Meireles to Anfield.
spacer.gif

The 27-year-old, who started all four of his country's games in this summer's World Cup, will now undergo a medical and discuss personal terms on Merseyside before completing his move to the Reds.

I think Meireles is a fantastic player, but Liverpool already have a great squad, Hodgson just needs to get his tactics right. Playing to deep and too rigid at the moment.

According to whom ? Ask any Red fan in the know & they tell you we have an AVERAGE squad with several great players; less so now that Mascherano has left the building. Compared with the movers & shakers in the premier league, we're a patchwork quilt; the whole reason for our sad demise is that we cannot afford to bring in top class players to replace our distinctly average ones:

Our ENTIRE back four ( Carra's getting past it )
Our defensive midfield players
Our wide midfield players
Our strikers ( save Nando obviously )

In short, we have Reina, Gerrard, Cole & Torres. These are top of the line; the rest I characterize as squad players at best. A great squad ? That statement does not bare close scrutiny.

Last edited:
According to whom ? Ask any Red fan in the know & they tell you we have an AVERAGE squad with several great players; less so now that Mascherano has left the building. Compared with the movers & shakers in the premiier league, we're a patchwork quilt; the whole reason for our sad demise is that we cannot afford to bring in top class players to replace our distinctly average ones:

Our ENTIRE back four ( Carra's getting past it )
Our defensive midfield players
Our wide midfield players
Our strikers ( save Nando obviously )

In short, we have Reina, Gerrard, Cole & Torres. These are top of the line; the rest I characterize as squad players at best. A great squad ? That statement does not bare close scrutiny.
I would say Agger, Glen Johnson,Carra, Kuyt are much better than squad players

Could also be making a bid for Gokhan Inler according to BBC Sport transfer rumour page. Daniel Ayala has moved to Hull on loan for the season, Rafael Benitez thought very highly of Ayala.

Rafael Benitez also thought very highly of Gonzalez, Dossena, Aquilani, Pennant, Degen, Lucas ect;

Rafael Benitez also thought very highly of Gonzalez, Dossena, Aquilani, Pennant, Degen, Lucas ect;
I still think highly of Gonzalez, Pennant and Lucas.

Also, he hardly thought highly on Dossena and Degen, considering they were never played, and flogged on. But we were unlucky with Dossena, an Italy regular, played 40 odd games prior and impressed

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Infact, I think a lot of our team are much better than 'squad players'

For his position, Johnson is a defensively flawed full back; he should be a winger. Agger is a good ball player but not a top class defender. What is Kuyt ? A striker ? - average; A defensive winger ? - average. His saving grace is the size of his heart - but you need more than that to be considered a top class player. Admit it: Carra is not the player he was. He's still good, I'll allow, but no longer a GREAT player.

OK, all opinions are subjective - but we just haven't got sufficient quality throughout the team to be more than just an occasional annoyance to the main contenders at present, no ?

Last edited:
For his position, Johnson is a defensively flawed full back; he should be a winger. Agger is a good ball player but not a top class defender. What is Kuyt ? A striker ?- average; A defensive winger ? - average. His saving grace is the size of his heart - but you need more than that to be considered a top class player. Admit it: Carra is not the player he was. He's still good, I'll allow, but no longer a GREAT player.

OK, all opinions are subjective - but we just haven't got sufficient quality throughout the team to be more than just an occasional annoyance to the main contenders at present, no ?
Of course we're not contendors.
Johnson's defensive side is fine, it's really silly when people say that, completely untrue.

Of course we're not contendors.
Johnson's defensive side is fine, it's really silly when people say that, completely untrue.

I don't think it's silly, I think it's realistic; his positional sense is poor. He gets frequently exposed for us as well as England. I guess we'll have to agree to differ.

Personally, I think we'll be fortunate to finish 4th until the squad is improved.

I don't think it's silly, I think it's realistic; his positional sense is poor. He gets frequently exposed for us as well as England. I guess we'll have to agree to differ.

Personally, I think we'll be fortunate to finish 4th until the squad is improved.

Agreed, Johnson is great going forward and always looks dangerous. However, nearly every winger seems to have the better of him and his positional sense is absolutely non existent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back