The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-agree-meireles-fee

Liverpool have confirmed a fee has been agreed with FC Porto for the transfer of Portuguese midfielder Raul Meireles to Anfield.
spacer.gif

The 27-year-old, who started all four of his country's games in this summer's World Cup, will now undergo a medical and discuss personal terms on Merseyside before completing his move to the Reds.

According to LFC TV the deal is already done; how come no other media source has confirmed this, or is it all bull plop ?

I'm surprised sky sports haven't mentioned it - you can usually rely on them to report the slightest sniff of a rumour & claim it as fact in their very hit & miss way.
lol i dont watch sky sports news. they drive me mad. soccer saturday is the occasional exception

Hercules CF have signed French striker David Trezeguet, after Juve terminated his contract.

Are we thinking this opens the door for Adebayor? AC Milan just signed Ibrahimovic, so I don't see him moving to the San Siro. Maybe Turin is his preferred destination now, if at all.

Are we thinking this opens the door for Adebayor? AC Milan just signed Ibrahimovic, so I don't see him moving to the San Siro. Maybe Turin is his preferred destination now, if at all.
i think it does. he will be first choice and play every game, and wont have to fight for his place. exactly what he wants

Could also be making a bid for Gokhan Inler according to BBC Sport transfer rumour page. Daniel Ayala has moved to Hull on loan for the season, Rafael Benitez thought very highly of Ayala.
Gokhan Inler looks very good.
I know this is youtube, and mostly anybody looks good on youtube, but this makes Lucas look like a League 2 player -
Gokhan Inler

I think the Inler rumour was only if we didnt sign Meireles, although i wouldnt mind us replacing Lucas with Inler.

I think the Inler rumour was only if we didnt sign Meireles, although i wouldnt mind us replacing Lucas with Inler.
Sadly, I think you're right. We'll probably use the remaining transfer budget(whatever's left) on a back-up striker for Torres. That is, unless we sell Lucas(who has also said he wants to leave) and Babel(since we're keeping Kuyt).

LOL.....hence, my second line. But personally, I still think Lucas is not good enough for 1st Team position. And I hear he wants to leave because of family reasons(sounds familiar :)). I say, let him leave and get this guy.

To be fair i think the reason why Lucas is seen as being a poor player by the fans is because the role he played in Rafas system wasnt a role he had been playing in Brazil and he prefers to go forward and plays better when hes going forward. He looked alot better towards the end of last season when he was let off the leash a little bit more. When he was playing for Gremio he used to be able to get forward alot more than he does at Liverpool. Still id like to see him leave if he dosnt want to be there.

Liverpool target Ola Toivonen is being left out of PSV's side today because he is ill apparently, perculier perhaps, no?

I say we offer Lucas + Insua for Inler. I know it's not gonna happen, but hey, a guy can dream, right? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back