The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Young is still on the radar of Tottenham. Boss Harry Redknapp told the News of the World: "Ashley Young is difficult but it could all change. Someone might pop up, maybe a loan."

Shay Given could be set to move to Fulham, as Mark Hughes has lavished praise on the stopper. "Mark Schwarzer has made it clear that he would like to go to Arsenal so we are trying to look at other options," said the Fulham manager. "I'm always interested in quality players and Shay Given is a quality player. Make of that what you will. But I have said that if we can't get anyone else in, Schwarzer will have to stay."

Stoke chairman Peter Coates has revealed the club have rejected an offer from Chelsea for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic believed to be around £4.5 million. ''You may have heard a rumour and it may be pretty good information, but the fact is we've rejected any offer they've made. They made an enquiry and they did make an offer and it was rejected,'' he said

Mario Gomez is tempted by a loan move to Liverpool. Ajax goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg will stay in Holland despite interest from Arsenal. West Ham, Wigan and Bolton are all monitoring Robert Pires (36), who is a free agent after leaving Villarreal.

Jack Rodwell, £20m, to Manchester United. Is he the new Wayne Rooney? In terms of joining United from Everton at a young age for a big fee of course... Wigan could sign Franco Di Santo from Chelsea for £2m.

Scharzer moves hangs on Given going to Fulham
MARK SCHWARZER'S move to Arsenal is hanging on a knife-edge after Fulham finally made their move for Shay Given on Saturday.
Given is wanted on loan by Fulham until the end of the season, but Manchester City are sending confusing signals south.
Schwarzer has not featured in any of Fulham's games this season and believes he has a gentleman's agreement that he can sign for Arsenal.
Given is desperate to quit City for first team football and will be guaranteed the No1 spot under Mark Hughes at Craven Cottage.
Schwarzer is desperate for his move to Arsenal to go through, but it won't happen unless City allow Given to quit.

Source NOTW

I say we offer Lucas + Insua for Inler. I know it's not gonna happen, but hey, a guy can dream, right? :P

isnt insua at fiorentina? And hodgson got konchesky if im not wrong.

i dont see what you liverpool fans see in lucas. imo he is just an average player, no real threat going forward neither can he be a holding mf like masch.

And hodgson got konchesky if im not wrong.

i dont see what you liverpool fans see in lucas. imo he is just an average player, no real threat going forward neither can he be a holding mf like masch.
My point exactly. Two average benchwarmers for one good starter. But it's not gonna happen, unfortunately.

isnt insua at fiorentina? And hodgson got konchesky if im not wrong.

You just can't compare Lucas Leiva with Javier Mascherano mate !

You just can't compare Lucas Leiva with Javier Mascherano mate !

not comparing, im just saying i do not see lucas showing any signs of developing into a player like masch. id honestly rate masch as one of the top 3 worlds best holding midfielder.

ive seen lucas play, he had like one good game out of 20. but the future is uncertain. look at forlan, he brought uruguay to the semis, and yet he was the man who scored 1 in 20 for united.

Konchesky deal is done on our end. Hold-up is apparantly Fulham's end with LDV. Will be interesting to see if either club will disclose details on this one.

Hmm.....SSN is, apparently, reporting that we're already in talks with Carlton Cole. Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Personally, among those that we've been linked with, I'd much rather have Toivonen. Perhaps Roy doesn't have the money anymore. Either way, I think we can do better than this guy. Sadly, Real has now bid for Toivonen, so that's one prospect lost.

For the last few days Liverpool rumours have taken over the thread :P They're being linked to everyone atm.

As for Newcastle - Keane loan deal looking a lot less likely, we've also been linked to 21 year old Ricky van Wolfswinkel of Utrecht and to 20 year old Ryad Boudebouz of Sochaux

As for Newcastle - Keane loan deal looking a lot less likely, we've also been linked to 21 year old Ricky van Wolfswinkel of Utrecht and to 20 year old Ryad Boudebouz of Sochaux

Not a fan of Keane tbh, don't know why, just as a person I think, as a player he is OK and we do need a good finisher to play with Carroll.

I would rather we either signed someone younger, or loaned someone younger. We have alot of experience in the middle of the park, and I think we should be looking at getting someone in who can stay around for a few seasons. Although I know it is easier said than done.

For the last few days Liverpool rumours have taken over the thread :P They're being linked to everyone atm.

True that mate, but we've had a ludicrous amount of transfer activity this summer - Yossi, Riera, Aquilani, Meireles, Cavalieri, Degen, Mascherano, Insua (two deals fallen through due to personal terms not being agreed), Konchesky due to sign soon. Nine players just from our first team squad! Throw in seven reserve players on top of that and that's getting to well over a third of the number of professionals we had on our books at the start of the summer :@

True that mate, but we've had a ludicrous amount of transfer activity this summer - Yossi, Riera, Aquilani, Meireles, Cavalieri, Degen, Mascherano, Insua (two deals fallen through due to personal terms not being agreed), Konchesky due to sign soon. Nine players just from our first team squad! Throw in seven reserve players on top of that and that's getting to well over a third of the number of professionals we had on our books at the start of the summer :@
LOL.......Roy sure is busy, even on a meager budget. I wonder just how much more "busy" he'd be, had he got the supposed £120m takeover budget.

Liverpool make C.Cole enquiry apparently going for 5 million + Babel ... Pls Sell him gold and Sullivan . He is Useless

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is keen on Atletico Bilbao forward Fernando Llorente and is ready to make a big money offer to bring the Spanish international to Anfield. The giant 6ft 5in striker has been a consistent attacking force for the past three La Liga seasons and is now part of Vicente Del Bosque’s all conquering World Cup winning side and could well be ready for a new challenge.

Llorente has been at the Basque club since the age of 11 and has proven a solid performer in recent seasons netting 53 times in the past three years but has seen Bilbao fail to make a move towards the European spots in the La Liga table.

Hodgson may feel that Llorente could complement Fernando Torres in a front pairing and now that the club has sold Javier Mascherano they should have funds to make an offer for the 25 year old. Having already offloaded Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera the Liverpool boss would hope to have money to further reinvest in his squad after bringing in Raul Meireles from Porto.

The fact that the Merseyside outfit have two prominent members of Spanish international side may well act as further temptation for the Pamplona born forward.
Most probably a load of ****. But a rumour's a rumour. We probably won't be able to afford him even if we wanted him.

Id love it if the Llorente rumour would come true, sadly i dont think it will :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back