The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Spurs are a "wee" side or not is beside the point, they wont get sneijder.

Hence why I said players like VDV, Modric, Lennon, Bale, King...

Its also much harder to qualify from the premier league then Romania

So stop being a douche :)

My point still remains.

Whilst being a champions league team, this is the first time ever you have been in it.

Take a team like Chelsea, they are starting to become a big club, after very impressive performances in the UCL in the last 5 years. Same with Arsenal, after qualifying from the groups in each of the last five years.

The fact you even think the best player for the European Champions will join a team, who have been in the champions league once, and haven't won they're respective league for over 40 years, is quite funny actually. Especially when United would be after him, if he did infact come available.

Whether Spurs are a "wee" side or not is beside the point, they wont get sneijder.

I know we wont, but we were able to persuade VDV to leave Real Madrid to come to us, we have ambition, money and are a team on the up, a attractive proposition to many players.

Rumours i have heard (will post links if i can find them). Most are most likely Bull....
Cardozo and Coentrao ----> Liverpool for 22 mil http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-target-22m-benfica-pair

Eden Hazard ---> Liverpool 18mil http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/dalglish-watches-belgian-starlet

Vucinic ---> Liverpool 13 mil http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-ready-to-raid-roma-for-wantaway-striker

Mexes ----> Liverpool 8mil or free in summer.

Affelay (sp?) ----> Liverpool

My point still remains.

Whilst being a champions league team, this is the first time ever you have been in it.

Take a team like Chelsea, they are starting to become a big club, after very impressive performances in the UCL in the last 5 years. Same with Arsenal, after qualifying from the groups in each of the last five years.

The fact you even think the best player for the European Champions will join a team, who have been in the champions league once, and haven't won they're respective league for over 40 years, is quite funny actually. Especially when United would be after him, if he did infact come available.

When did I say he would join us?

That was ONE spurs fan that probably got a bit too ambitious.

Get your facts right, and stop grouping us all together.

I know we wont, but we were able to persuade VDV to leave Real Madrid to come to us, we have ambition, money and are a team on the up, a attractive proposition to many players.
again while he was a great sign for you, it speaks volumes that no Major side (by major mean the bayern inters uniteds etc) but a bid in for him, the only other concrete bid was from athletico madrid, van der vaart even confrimed this himself.You are simply not at the level to attract a player like sneijder, but in fairness very few sides are

When did I say he would join us?

That was ONE spurs fan that probably got a bit too ambitious.

Get your facts right, and stop grouping us all together.

To be fair, on that page most of the comments were things like "Yes we could get him, but would that mean cutting out Modric" Etc. Seems a lot of you beleive you could.

because he wasn't going to be in mourinho's plans, he wanted to stay at madrid as he was one of their best players last season

Besdies the one thing you dont need is a midfielder.I find it bizarre that you are not link to any top class forwards who can play alone

Besdies the one thing you dont need is a midfielder.I find it bizarre that you are not link to any top class forwards who can play alone

We've been linked with loads really, most notable recently been Forlan. Would love him, seems similar to Defoe really, and only a short term buy.

We've been linked with loads really, most notable recently been Forlan. Would love him, seems similar to Defoe really, and only a short term buy.
forlan would be an incredible snap, he has turned his game round since leaving united (came to us too early, but was still a bit of a fan favourite)

To be fair, on that page most of the comments were things like "Yes we could get him, but would that mean cutting out Modric" Etc. Seems a lot of you beleive you could.

Actually if you read it properly , NOBODY on that page who commentated actually said that they thought we could buy him, only comments like 'Never sat never'.

wesley sneijder renewed his contract until 2015 :)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

forlan would be an incredible snap, he has turned his game round since leaving united (came to us too early, but was still a bit of a fan favourite)

Due to the possibility that he will most likely leave Atl Madrid at the end of the season, Lisandro Lopez has been linked to Atl Madrid

Unfortunately, Levy would never pay the price At.Madrid would want for him with him being 31 and having no re-sale value :'(

wesley sneijder renewed his contract until 2015 :)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Due to the possibility that he will most likely leave Atl Madrid at the end of the season, Lisandro Lopez has been linked to Atl Madrid

Reminds me, we've been linked with Lopez.

Unfortunately, Levy would never pay the price At.Madrid would want for him with him being 31 and having no re-sale value :'(
in fairness hes right to do that, harry would break spurs if it wasnt for a chairman like levy, he will kepyou in great shape. if you qualify again you have to go for dzeko

Why does everyone think Forlan would be a good buy for an EPL club. Yes he is playing brilliantly atm, IN SPAIN! He doesnt suit english football, its just not for him.

in fairness hes right to do that, harry would break spurs if it wasnt for a chairman like levy, he will kepyou in great shape. if you qualify again you have to go for dzeko

Yeah, Levy is right, but I think that this time it would be worth it, as if he manages to score lots of goals for say 3 years and manages to consolidate our place in the champions league then it would definatelly be worth it, but a big if.

Would rather we sell all our rubbish squad players e.g. Bentley, Keane, Dos Santos and with the money go out and buy Dzeko..

Portuguese papers have linked you with Oscar Cardozo, and Fábio Coentrão !
they have also said that Cardozo would be a great partnership with Torres .

Yeah, seen the Cardoza one before, he truly would be immense with Torres, we need a target man, and what better one than him. But the new owners aren't a fan of older players, especially considering the cost he'd be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back