The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many people rumoured into liverpool over the last 2/3 weeks who do you think is likely.?
Remember hodgson said he wants 5-6 players.

And please not funny comments like 'none cus your ****' there just no need :)
im guessin apparently we have 20-30mil available plus player sales

Young , Benzema ,Turan, Afellay , Lopez , Fabiano , Mexes , Hangeland ,Pavlyuchenko , Wright-Phillips , Mata ,Coentrao , Kaka ,Matuidi, Gignac, Vucinic , Adam Szalai, Аdam, Zeigler , Mbokani , Forlan , Eden Hazard, Chris Brunt, Llorente, Sahin , Pablo Hernandez,Holtby, Kiessling, Inler ,Defour, Payet, Gourcuff , Pienaar ,Nzogbia, Hulk, Suarez,

The players i could see pool getting are

Turan, Hangeland(only if Hodgson is still gaffer), Pavluychenko, Wright-Phillips, Matuidi, Szalai, Adam, Zeigler, Mbokani, Brunt, Holtby, Kiessling and N'Zogbia.

The players i could see pool getting are

Turan, Hangeland(only if Hodgson is still gaffer), Pavluychenko, Wright-Phillips, Matuidi, Szalai, Adam, Zeigler, Mbokani, Brunt, Holtby, Kiessling and N'Zogbia.

Pav won't go to Liverpool, and we wont sell him to Liverpool.

He's said before that if he were to leave spurs, the only place he'd go is back to Russia.

Pav won't go to Liverpool, and we wont sell him to Liverpool.

He's said before that if he were to leave spurs, the only place he'd go is back to Russia.

Well i will rule Pav out then mate.

I think they could attract:Young ,Turan, Afellay , Lopez, Mexes , Hangeland , ,Coentrao,Matuidi, Gignac, Vucinic , Adam Szalai, Аdam, Zeigler , Mbokani, Eden Hazard, Chris Brunt, Llorente (depending on if real get involved), Sahin ,, Holtby, Kiessling, Inler ,Defour, Payet, ,Nzogbia, Hulk, Suarez

Id love to see SWP at pool, hes still an excellent winger and i would love to see him play more, rather than rot and live in milners shadow on our bench.

Being realistic i think everton could do with a new cb and a right back both young, maybe spence from west ham for rb and for cb i'd like to see lugano from fenerbache. (H)

just a question here, do Liverpool fans believe they are good enough to attract some of these players listed. The club has been dragged through the mud and damaged massivly.

Yes that may be but you do realise we are still a massive club right?

Yes that may be but you do realise we are still a massive club right?

Most top players now aim for champions league clubs, that's the reason why man city with all the money couldn't attract the worlds top players and unless liverpool get back into the champions league soon it will be the same matter for them.

Liverpool are still a big club, sure, but are some of the players listed above gonna buy into the brand of football Hodgson is playing? I don't watch Liverpool much, but from the little bits and pieces I have seen and bits in the media apparently it's just long ball a lot of the time? Seems stupid if that's the case, especially with a striker as talented as Torres.

I think they could attract:Young ,Turan, Afellay , Lopez, Mexes , Hangeland , ,Coentrao,Matuidi, Gignac, Vucinic , Adam Szalai, Аdam, Zeigler , Mbokani, Eden Hazard, Chris Brunt, Llorente (depending on if real get involved), Sahin ,, Holtby, Kiessling, Inler ,Defour, Payet, ,Nzogbia, Hulk, Suarez

Yeah, in theory they could, but there are always going to be better bidders for their services. Young wouldn't, IMO. Turan has no shortage of prospective employees. Same goes for Afellay, Lopez, Mexes, Coentrao, Gignac, Vucinic, Hazard, Llorente, Sahin, Defour, Hulk and Suarez. The rest they have a chance of getting, but would they move to Liverpool? Don't think so. People like Holtby and Sazalai are top of the Bundesliga, and Hangeland is settled. IMO, only N'Zogbia really has a chance to move and would want to, possibly Defour and Brunt as well.

Yeah, in theory they could, but there are always going to be better bidders for their services. Young wouldn't, IMO. Turan has no shortage of prospective employees. Same goes for Afellay, Lopez, Mexes, Coentrao, Gignac, Vucinic, Hazard, Llorente, Sahin, Defour, Hulk and Suarez. The rest they have a chance of getting, but would they move to Liverpool? Don't think so. People like Holtby and Sazalai are top of the Bundesliga, and Hangeland is settled. IMO, only N'Zogbia really has a chance to move and would want to, possibly Defour and Brunt as well.
agreed its all in theory, but these are playersi feel would be interested and players liverpool should be trying to bring in, at least as a statement of intent if nothing else

agreed its all in theory, but these are playersi feel would be interested and players liverpool should be trying to bring in, at least as a statement of intent if nothing else

I guess. It also depends on how much dosh they have to throw at players wages. Money, as we all know, is a pretty big factor. Someone like Turan or Afellay may well be attracted by the greater wages 'Pool offer, in the way that already high earners like Mexes and Llorente won't.

Most top players now aim for champions league clubs, that's the reason why man city with all the money couldn't attract the worlds top players and unless liverpool get back into the champions league soon it will be the same matter for them.

Then why are they joining City? If they are looking for CL football then surely they'd go to a CL team.

SAf says we're not, but we've then spent 20 million in january in each of the last few seasons so...

Then why are they joining City? If they are looking for CL football then surely they'd go to a CL team.

Try telling that to ******-in-chief Gareth Barry.

"Oh I'm leaving the club for Champions League football... I'm going to City!"

If we get Eden Hazard, i'll ******* run round my home town semi-naked! ;D
nah but seriously, he's been scouted by us a few times, the players madsheep mentioned are all realistic targets for Liverpool FC in theory, but as someone else mentioned, would they buy into Hodgson's plan? i don't think so as most of them are creative players who play football, anyway, we shall see...

Turan would of been realistic but I have just read an article yesterday from his saying he wasn't going to be joining the prem atm so I based it on that. Young would cost too much for you and tbh Villa are in a better state than you. Suarez would blow your entire budget which would be pointless.

Please show me the exact quote where Turan says ''I am not moving to the Premier League''

Please show me the exact quote where Turan says ''I am not moving to the Premier League''

It's not a particularly reliable source, but it does have solid quotes in it.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Footbal...n_not_interested_in_Premier_League_move.aspx?

“No, he will not be leaving Galatasaray, he will be staying. He is committed to the club.

“He has three years remaining on his contract and it is impossible for him to leave. He is the captain of the team and very happy at the club. There is no doubt he will be staying.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back