TheHig's Lower League Adventure...EXCELLENT!!!!!

Hmmm Tranmere manager just been sacked, as they lay 24th in League 2, I'm tempted to Leave Basingstoke and safe Tranmere.
Tranmere seem to have a more talented bunch of players, but only have 6 points from 10 games. I have 19 from 9.
Well I'll update with my decision soon

Hmmm Tranmere manager just been sacked, as they lay 24th in League 2, I'm tempted to Leave Basingstoke and safe Tranmere.
Tranmere seem to have a more talented bunch of players, but only have 6 points from 10 games. I have 19 from 9.
Well I'll update with my decision soon

Its a tough choice isn't it? Do you feel Basingstoke are progressing? If so, then stick with it

they progressing, and what I have set up at basingstoke is 3 years of work, I have not applied for the job but will consider it if they offer me it with a contract.
I have a soft spot for Tranmere living in Merseyside, so with them being one of my local teams Id like to save them.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

September 2010

Yeovil 0-3 Basingstoke (L2)
Judge,Bristow,Snodin(pen)

Wolves 1-0 Basingstoke (League Cup 2nd Round)

Basingstoke 2-1 Grimsby (L2)
Ritchie,Radal

Basingstoke 4-1 Cheltenham (L2)
Church,Snodin(2),Ritchie

Wrexham 1-0 Basingstoke (L2)

3 Defeats this month, although one was away at premiership outfir wovles, but we were poor against Wrexham and Cheltenham. I have had a full strength team out and getting out played.
Think they may be sliding down the table for a while they are playing really poorly.

Player Of The Month
- No one, they were all ****

Current League Position 7th

October 2010

York 1-1 Basingstoke (L2)
Judge

Basingstoke 1-1 Barnet (L2)
Ritchie

Notts County 2-1 Basinstoke (L2)
Worthington

Basingstoke 3-0 Aldershot (L2)
Snodin(pen) Church(2)

Exerter 2-0 Basingstoke (L2)

Basingstoke 1-2 Hereford (L2)
Judge

Everything is going **** up, the team rasied there game for the derby game against Aldershot, other than that pathetic, not much to say apart from my team cannot keep the ball, cannot finish, cant do anything at the moment.
Have I been sussed ? I'm not tweaking tactics yet anyway

Player Of The Month - No one again, all terrible

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

November 2010

Lincoln 3-2 Basingstoke (Fa Cup First Round)
Church,Bristow

Basingstoke 2-1 Rotheram (L2)
Bristow,Church

Port Vale 1-1 Basingstoke (L2)
Snodin

Morecombe 1-3 Basingstoke (L2)
Graves (2),Snodin

I'm out the FA Cup in the first round AGAIN!!!!!, but decent perfomances in the league have left me satisfied this month.
Putting me in a very healthy 5th place with 33 points from 18 games.

Player of the month = Ian Snodin , he was excellent last few games, everything my team created was through him

Current League Position 5th

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:13 PM ----------

December 2010

Basingstoke 1-0 Chesterfield (L2)
Snodin (pen
)

Basingstoke 1-1 Bournmouth (L2)
Radal

Lincoln 3-2 Basingstoke (L2)
Worthington (2)

Basingstoke 0-2 Dag & Red (L2)

Wycombe 1-1 Basingstoke (L2)
Church

I no there is not really nay good results this month, but on the whole I'm happy and my team have shown lots of commitment and passion. Was 3-0 down to lincoln done well to force it to 3-2 to make them sweat. Grinded out 2 draws and a win in a hard month.

Player Of The Month
- Ian Snodin - Been a goal machine from AMC this season, scored a crucial penalty to win the chesterfield game.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

January 2011

Basingstoke 4-2 Tranmere (L2)
Church,Judge,Snodin,Graves

Brentford 1-1 Basiongstoke (L2)
Church

Kidderminster 1-3 Basingstoke (L2)
Church,Radal,Judge

Basingstoke 3-0 Bury (L2)
Church,Judge,Ritchie

Cheltenham 1-2 Basingstoke (L2)
Judge,Ritchie

Okay were in Jan coming into FEb, this part of the season is were you see what battles will be thought, who's batting title, playoffs,mid table and relegation.
At this moment in time I'm in 4th spot looking for a playoff position, could nick automatic promotion.
This has been the best season in the clubs history.

Player Of The Month - Simon Church 4 goals from last 6 games the striker has been in leahtal form.

Current League Position 4th

Currently league looks like this

Last edited:
I'd stick with them. You are doing well and scoring plenty of goals. Keep going

February 2011

Basingstoke 1-1 Yeovil (L2)
Church

Basingstoke 1-0 York (L2)
Bristow

Grimsby 3-0 Basingstoke (L2)

Basingstoke 3-2 Wrexham (L2)
Jombarti,Worthington(2)

Aldershot 1-0 Basingstoke (L2)

Barnet 1-2 Basingstoke (L2)
Snodin(2)

Excellent month once again, I lost the derby which was not cool and got slaughtered by Grimsby, other than that I cannot ask for more. Really happy and my team have gelled into a fantastic team.

Player Of The Month - Danny Holmes, the ever present righy back has been solid at the back, and has always made him self an option on the overlap going forward,

Current League Position
3rd

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

March 2011

Basingstoke 5-1 Notts County (L2)
Featherstone,Judge(2),Jombarti,Edds

Basingstoke 3-1 Exerter (L2)
Worthington (2),Bristow

Hereford 0-2 Basingstoke (L2)
Church,Snodin

Basingstoke 1-2 Stockport (L2)
Judge

Basingstoke 1-0 Morecombe (L2)
Judge

Chesterfield 0-3 Basingstoke (L2)
Jombarti,Bristow

I'm so so happy, 6 games left and I'm in the Auto Promotion hunt, only need a few more good results and I'll get a 3rd successive promotion, by far my biggest achievement on FM

Player Of The Month
- Sido Jombarti- been injured most the season but been fit last 2 months, he freshened the team up this month as other teams had not really seen him play

Current League Position 3rd

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

final update coming soon, but I've got one game left, as long as I don t loose about 6-0 I'll clinch 3rd spot and get automatic promotion ;)

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

April 2011

Rotheram 3-1 Basingstoke (L2)
Bristow

Basingstoke 2-0 Port Vale (L2)
Church,Bristow

Bournmouth 1-1 Basingstoke (L2)
Snodin

Basingstoke 2-1 Lincoln (L2)
Church,Judge

Dag & Red 4-1 Basingstoke (L2)
Church

Basingstoke 3-1 Brentford (L2)
Church (2), Featherstone

Done the impossible this season 86 pointd this season 2nd place not to bad. Many thanks to on loan legend Simon Church who scored 20 League goals, many important, Snodin had the best season of his Career and developed a bit as a player.
I have a decent balance of 655k so with a bit of TV money next year I may have money to spend.

Player Of The Month
- Simon Church - Duh

Final League Position 2nd

Top Scorers for my team this year

Played Scored
Simon Church 45 20
Ian Snodin 41 16
Matt Judge 41 13
Jason Bristow 38 8
Tom Worthington 21 8

Coming up Preview to next season, including ins and outs, and first team for next year.
Before I go....................

Player Of The Season - Simon Church - A true goal scorer been excellent all season, will do my up most to sign him next season

Congratulations on the promotion. Good work. You've done better than I managed. Keep going:D

Is that Danny Holmes from Burton Albion?

no he got released From Tranmere in the First Season, then he signed for me when I got into the BSP

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Its now July, and I'm preparing my team for League, so I had to rid my team of League 2 and lower quality players to get in better. Ins and outs.......

In's

Wabara Reece (Free Agent, seen on the trial day)
Lee Bowyer (Free)(Swansea)
Ranisav Jovanic(Free) (Dusseldorf)
Gareth Roberts (Free) (Port Vale)
Andrea Mutombo (Loan)(Portsmouth)
David Perkins (Free) (Colchester)
Daniejl Subotic (Loan) (Portsmouth)
Lee Novak (30k) (Huddersfield)

Out

Wayne Graves (Released)
Sido Jombarti (Relaesed)
Ron Murray (5k)(Shewsbury)
Nicky Featherstone (16k) (Dag & Red)

I think thats the best time I've had in the transfer market on this game, Getting the world class Andrea Mutombo back on loan, had him on this game 2 years back, and was one of the best players.
All my signings have been qaulity really pleased, you may notice I have paid my first Transfer fee of 30k on striker lee novak, hopefully he pays me with goals.
Subotic another loan player from portsmouth is another brillaint stikrer, i;ve been lucky this transfer market.

Coming up............New season line up and League 1 media prediction /board expectations

Good transfer coup in getting Novak. He's been quite useful for Huddersfield in the Chamionship on my game. At League 1 level, he should be outstanding. And for only £30k. Congrats on that

heres a pick of some of the stars of my team ready to light up league 1 :D

okay time for league one, before I start the pre season friendly's I'll post up the first 11 with a brief background on them.

GK Dimi Konstnatopolus - was my first choice all last season in league, cant find a better keeper I can get he will be first choice in League

RB Danny Holmes - Been with since the BSP, and now he seems to finally playing against people at his level.

LB Gareth Roberts - Expercianced very high stats, had to upgrade on robbie Watkins, despite Watklins being great the last 3 years he did not have the Qaulity to supass league 2

CB Lucas Radal - Signing of the season from last season, keeps his place at centre abck

CB Jason Bristow (c) One of 2 players who were with my team from the start and still hold down a first team place.

RM Lee Bowyer - he's now 34 still good stats, will need him to stay in this league.

LM Andrea Mutombo - On loan from Portsmouth again, why Portsmouth never play he's prem qaulity.

CM Ian Snodin (vc) - The other player who been at my team since the start and stilkl at first team choice. He has progeseed steady and keeps stepping up his game to each new diviison.

CM - David Perkins - Another siging that will greatly improve my sqaud, good all round midfielder.

CF Lee Novak - First buy for the club, he cost 30k and big things expected from him.

CF Daniejl Subotic - A huge striker on loan from Portsmouth, my target man.

July 2011

Basingstoke 0-3 West Ham Reserves (FR)

Basingstoke 1-0 Blackburn Reserves (FR)
Subotic

Basingstoke 1-0 Portsmouth (FR)
Judge

Only 3 pre season has some clubs cancelled on me, oh well time to start League 1

August 2011

Basingstoke 1-1 Rochdale (L1)
Bristow

Blackpool 0-0 Basingatoke (L1)

Basingstoke 2-2 Coventry (League Cup 1st Round)
Subotic,Roberts (won 5-4 on pens)

Basingstoke 3-0 Brighton (L1)
Novak,Subotic,Snodin(pen)

Portsmouth 6-0 Basingstoke (League Cup 2nd Round)

Watford 4-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Roberts

Its important to do well this year my home record stays in tact, out of those 3 home games I did not loose.
New players are still settling, so hopefully perfomances will improve. The game V Watford was tough, I could not even see the ball they had it that much.

Player Of The Month - Gareth Roberts - The new left has been very exciting, creating much up front and getting 2 goals this month.

Current League Position 16th

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

September 2011

Basingstoke 2-2 Aldershot (Jonhstones Paint Trophy)
Subotic,Novak

Basingstoke 2-2 Burnely (L1)
Roberts,Novak

Leicester 7-3 Basingstoke (L1)
Worthington,Snodin,Roberts

Crewe 1-2 Basingstoke (L1)
Roberts,Novak

Basingstoke 3-2 Pylmouth (L1)
Subotic,Snodin,Judge

what the **** happened at Leicester ? lol well never mind another month that I'm happy with on the whole.
The Plymouth game was amazing, Judge came off the bench to grab a deserved winner.

Player Of The Month - Lee novak - Starting to score,play well I like it

Current League Positon 11th

October 2011

Basingstoke 2-2 Port Vale (L1)
Novak,Subotic

Leyton Orient 2-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Worthington

Basingstoke 3-0 Brentford (L1)
Subotic (2), Snodin(pen)

Huddersfield 2-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Subotic

Colchester 1-0 Basingstoke (L1)

Swindon 1-1 Basingstoke (L!)
Jovanovic

My Teams CRIPLLED, completly DEAD AHHHHHHH **** i'm going down too many players out, the other teams are world class, what the **** am I going to do.
12 players in total out injured what the ****.
Perfomance this month was alright I guess considering how many players have been injured.

Player Of The Month - Daniejl Subotic - The on loan striker been in leathal goal scoring form, and a plus side he is one of the few players who is not crippled.
Take a look at the screens

Current League Position 15th

They really have taken injuries too far in this. However within the month you will have majority of them back.

Yeah your right, but my next game I'm forced to play 5 youth players, 4 in starting 11.

Ohh Nasty but a suppose your previous form wont* stop this from determining your season.

Last edited:
just sacked my physio, his physio stat is 6, how did I not notice that, looking a better physio now

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

November 2011

Basingstoke 0-1 Swansea (L1)

Stockport 2-0 Basingstoke (Fa Cup 1st Round)

Peterbrough 2-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Perkins

Basingstoke 2-1 Gillingham (L1)
Snodin(pen),Mutombo

Southampton 4-2 Basingstoke (L1)
Novak,Mutombo

Well for the 4th year running I crash out the FA cup at the first round, this time I was the favorite, as stockport were in league 2. Still that didnt put them off and they won comfortably, as did every other ******* team against me this month.
Gillingham the only exception as they were worse than me, and that's hard to do.
Injurys have played there part, and Southampton in one game injured both my centre backs, forcing me to play a left mid at centre back.No wonder I conced 4.

Player Of The month - Hard to pick because they have all let me down, I supose Andrea Mutombo finding a bit of from is promosing for the team

Current League Position 18th

Typical isn't it? You start doing well and the game doesn't like it so it injures all your players so that you don't do well. I'm convinced there's a line in the programming: "If xdoes too well, then injure y number of players. haha". Or is it just me who thinks that?. Anyway, keep going and once your players come back, you should rise through the League like a pheonix through the flames:D

December coming soon, I'm very much in a relegation dogfight this season, most my players have been back at full fitness but don't want to no.
I'm really not enjoying myself at the moment.