My team has been unchanged for 4 seasons now. No transfers in or out of significance. I did struggle a lot when I made a bunch of changes at the start of seasons 2 and to a lesser extent 3. Since the squad has been unchanged, they have got better and better and better.

Can you post a SS of your squad list please?

The other thing is what are your set pieces like?

My centre backs have 22 goals in all competitions this season between the 4 of them.(20 of those are my RCB who is set to attack near post at corners and mark GK from free kicks)... Its early December!!

I dont do the exploit that was posted here, but I saw it recently and saw my approach was already very close. I wanted to make more people lurk outside area because I have got plenty of this type of player(Muniain, Isco, Thiago, Coutinho, Maher etc) but I can only get one.

All I have always done is use inswinging corners aimed at the near post and have my best header attacking near post, my 2nd best marking GK. Then set some others that are not really doing anything except using up markers.

But yea goals from set pieces are a great way to get results and keep morale high... I found in those first couple of seasons when results were inconsistent that when morale got low it was real easy to go on a downward spiral. I ran with a 2nd tactic for when things got bad.

Going to start a new save tonight and try this one out, seems like a really good tactic.

I wanted to make more people lurk outside area because I have got plenty of this type of player(Muniain, Isco, Thiago, Coutinho, Maher etc) but I can only get one.
I think the solution for that is to change their set piece assignment in the player instructions, not using the set piece wizard to assign them (it only lets you choose one person).

Just started testing this tactic. It certainly isn't boring! The first game was a cup game against a team from the division below, we won that 4-2, dominated possession and made 3 CCCs. The second game was a reserves fixture which ended 5-5! My opponents scored 4 goals in 11 minutes just before half-time, putting me 4-1 down! So it appears massive comebacks are possible too with this tactic. The defending leaves a lot to be desired, but that may have something to do with the quality of the defenders rather than the tactic! I'm going change the defensive line and width settings as described earlier and see if it has the desired effect.

I think the solution for that is to change their set piece assignment in the player instructions, not using the set piece wizard to assign them (it only lets you choose one person).
All i get is an option to swap with the guy lurking when I try it on the individual screen.

My team has been unchanged for 4 seasons now. No transfers in or out of significance. I did struggle a lot when I made a bunch of changes at the start of seasons 2 and to a lesser extent 3. Since the squad has been unchanged, they have got better and better and better.

Can you post a SS of your squad list please?
Things are getting a little better after I made the tweak you (and another lad) suggested in the previous pages. I've just completely crushed Bor. Monchengladbach (zero shots and only 35% ball possession for them) with a very well-played and spectacular game from my team. It was the second victory in a row.
Set pieces are already set to best take advantage of my team ;)

This is the current squad:
View attachment 358503

(there are also Tranquillo Barnetta and Atsuto Uchida in the reserves, but I'm planning to sell them and get Keisuke Honda and another fullback for replacement)

Disaster !!

My PC crashed...

I won WCC, and got to SF of COC, and qualified from my CL group.

Game takes me back about 10 games to the last save.

What is the common rule here? Play the game back as if I never played those games before or recreate the same results?

I read your previous thread about the story behind this and was very interested. I am an amateur tactician at best but by the looks of things this tactic is exactly how I try to get my teams to play like. I have just started a new Southampton save and I will be testing out your tactic. I have created a 4-5-1 version of the tactic where the CM - Defend drops back to Anchor and the AM drops back to CM. Hopefully this will give me extra defensive stability against the bigger teams without sacrificing the attacking threat. Will keep you updated.

Disaster !!

My PC crashed...

What is the common rule here? Play the game back as if I never played those games before or recreate the same results?
NVM, I played it straight and got the same results.

Disaster !!

My PC crashed...

The rule is to SAVE AFTER EVERY GAME!

Has anyone noticed an increase in injuries and cards using this tactic? In my previous tactic I used more aggressive tackling and hard tackling on the opposition instructions and didn't lose the players at the rate I'm losing them at the moment! Doesn't make sense really.

I really hate inconsistency in this game...I don't know if it's due to the tactic, but how annoying is to crush FC Bayern and then being completely dominated and beat by a crappy team (Augsburg, Greuter Furth ecc...) in the very next game?

A dozen games to go in the first season, and I'm still insecure if I'm going to keep using this tactic again next year. One thing I've noticed for sure is that I rarely play well (and win) away from home.

Has anyone noticed an increase in injuries and cards using this tactic? In my previous tactic I used more aggressive tackling and hard tackling on the opposition instructions and didn't lose the players at the rate I'm losing them at the moment! Doesn't make sense really.
Nope mate.

I havent really noticed more cards but I have noticed more injuries, most noteable both my goal keepers got injured in the same match.. I had to play johnny evans in net... I lost. :(

Hearing lots of good things about this tactic. I've been searching for a good 4-2-3-1 definitely going to try this out.

It has been mentioned in here(by me) about the amount of cards. I bring off anyone who gets booked in the 2nd half to stop it becoming a red.

As I said before, dont expect to find a possession tactic that you can just plug, play and win every game. I dont think there is such a thing this year. I said in OP that this tactic isnt a crushing machine, its a project of finding the balance between playing in the vision I have for my team and winning football matches and ultimately titles. Also, in like the second or 3rd post of this thread I posted a screen shot of some stupid game I lost after crushing the opposition, until this season those were still happening.

Having said that, Ive lost 1 game all season and Im into March!

A couple of things about the defeat...

It was away at the greatest team of all time, the mighty Aston Villa.
It was the first time all season I named an unchanged team. (I had a big feeling as soon as I started the game that I shouldnt have left the team unchanged)
We didnt dominate, we only had like 53% possession and maybe 5 shots. It was a real off night for us.

Anyway, I will play out the rest of the season today and post some results/screenies.

With regards to cards, I used to find a similar issue with my Juventus team.

It really revolved around 3 players - Vidal, Pepe and Isla, all 3 of which have very high aggression stats (19/20). The issue got so bad I was usually without at least one of them through suspension every game (a slight exaggeration but you get the picture).

I solved this by going to the individual player settings in the tactics and changing each position where I played them to Tackling - Easy. They still pick up more cards than the rest of the team, but nowhere near as many as they used to.

Might help :).

I never ever get asked for pitch size and I dont know why...
It's only in certain leagues you get asked for what pitch size you want (eg Serie A). Other leagues don't ask you, such as the EPL.