My reserves side just did another of their comebacks......3-0 down at half-time, won 4-3! This sort of thing only seems to be happening in games where I have no input! Obviously again it's down to the quality of the defenders...mainly u18s in my reserves at the moment due to fixture congestion. My first team is still unbeaten in the games they've used this tactic, though defence does look dodgy at times!

Did you upgrade to the new tactic?

Some defensive alterations were made.

So I wasnt sure whether to post the results of this season or not. They are absolutely unbelievable(as in Im sure some people wont believe them, lol). Im going to post them anyway...

View attachment 359335View attachment 359340View attachment 359341View attachment 359343

View attachment 359352

View attachment 359337

I havent made any changes to this squad for like 4 seasons now, they are all 25/26 years old now. Really amazing to see how theyve progressed together. Won every single trophy this year and lost 3 games in all competitions, 2 of those were in games that didnt matter(Man City away when the title was won, PSG away when 4-0 up from 1st leg) and 1 unexplainable game vs Villa away.

Weird feeling that I dont want to continue this save though now, anything I do from this point is going backwards!

I might start a lower league project... Or try to adapt this to a striker-less formation.

Did you upgrade to the new tactic?

Some defensive alterations were made.

To be honest, I didn't actually download the tactic in the first place. I input all the settings from the screenshots, so I never had the offside trap set from the start, mainly because it's very dodgy to play a covering defender and an offside trap. I have made the other adjustments to the width and defensive line though. It's not that I'm conceding a hat-full with this tactic it's just that it looks very open at times! My back-up tactic is a 3-4-3 with wing-backs, 2 DMs and no strikers, so I guess anything would look a bit open compared to that! The 3-4-3 does work though, especially well in away games and against the big boys!

Last edited:
daz I really like how your squad is shaping up! Other than the 3 attacking mids, I think Bale and Ben Arfa are too direct, dribbling types, not neat tidy passing types like Isco, Thiago, Silva etc.

Get Lacazette for your ST, hes out-performing Neymar for me!

I would play Isco left, Ben Arfa centre, Bale right.

Or cash in on Bale to get a player that better suits the system.

Xhaka/Garmash/Pogba/Gundogan all suit CM roles.

Adam Maher is a great AMC.

Last edited:
daz I really like how your squad is shaping up! Other than the 3 attacking mids, I think Bale and Ben Arfa are too direct, dribbling types, not neat tidy passing types like Isco, Thiago, Silva etc.

Get Lacazette for your ST, hes out-performing Neymar for me!

I would play Isco left, Ben Arfa centre, Bale right.

Or cash in on Bale to get a player that better suits the system.

Xhaka/Garmash/Pogba/Gundogan all suit CM roles.

Adam Maher is a great AMC.

Will give it a try,i have noticed that the team play alot better when the training is set to defence and def positioning so im gonna leave them alone.

Ben Arfa centre defo gives me loads key passes highest was 12 :O

Isco rocks AMC for key passes, but for goals and assists Maher kills him.

So would you say for the IF's, don't get wingers i.e. Bale, HBA, Robben, Ribery, those kind of types, but get passers who can play wide, as you said, like Isco, more of a play maker, but can play wide?

Exactly that...

If you check the initial thread(link is in OP), you can see my journey into creating this tactic. I want my wide guys to play like playmakers. I started with 4 playmakers in the team, AML/R/C and MCL, but it didnt work at first(it may have been because my players were all young), I tweaked and I tweaked and eventually settled on IF set to support with all the dribbling and shooting sliders turned right down and the through balls turned up.

Exactly that...

If you check the initial thread(link is in OP), you can see my journey into creating this tactic. I want my wide guys to play like playmakers. I started with 4 playmakers in the team, AML/R/C and MCL, but it didnt work at first(it may have been because my players were all young), I tweaked and I tweaked and eventually settled on IF set to support with all the dribbling and shooting sliders turned right down and the through balls turned up.

That may well be why it struggles when I've used it, it's my own ignorance, but whenever I see IF's, I think of wingers who cut in, not play makers, so I think this deserves another shot with the proper type of players.

That may well be why it struggles when I've used it, it's my own ignorance, but whenever I see IF's, I think of wingers who cut in, not play makers, so I think this deserves another shot with the proper type of players.

I think that's where a lot of us are falling down! We naturally think of an IF as an inverted winger, when in this tactic he's nothing of the sort!
All my natural wide players at the moment are the pacey dribbling type, which means I'm concentrating on converting AMCs into wide players. I'm in 2019 and currently have, a now 23 year-old, Will Hughes in my squad, who seems ideal for the role.

U say the wide men need to be playmakers but you have Rodrigo who is doing great for you, and hes originally a striker not a playmaker

What would be the best traing combo,i had 1 that worked but cant remember it

Comeback tactic strikes again! 2-0 down in extra-time of Euro Cup Quarter final using my "safe" tactic, on our way out, so I switch to the "One Ball" tactic which worked like magic! I don't know if it was the surprise switch of tactics or what, but we completely turned it around and won the match 3-2 and the tie 4-2 on aggregate!

Rodrigo isnt all that great, Lamela is better than him IMO.

Its hard to get a left footer to play there.

Just a quick update on the Southampton save. I have decided to not use the DM formation as I think for this tactic the link up play between the front 4 is too attacking to sacrifice, however I definitely think that this is something to look into for the future. I play on a slow laptop that often overheats so I am taking the save steady. Below is a screenshot of the transfer I have made so far.

View attachment 360159

As for the tactic itself I am only 5 games into the season. I have been using Jack Cork as my CM Defend however although his stats look good for it he does somewhat lack quality in strength and tackling stats. The results have not been great but the team have only just become fluid with the tactic and have at times played some great football. I will post a screenshot of the results when I reach 10 games.

I have noticed that the team get really tired,although that could be because of how i had match prep set up,but for my second season i have made sure that the positions are covered so for games where i should win i can rest key players