Hey mates I just wanted to share some results of my third season with Darmstadt 98.
Actually my first squad has got an average CA aprox. 150.

I think I was able to create an very stable tweak of FM14SERBIA's amazing tactic.

To save some questions: I've done everything exactly like it's described in the OP. The only thing I changed is to tweak the tactic. Please don't forget: The happiness and the fitness of your players are two of the most important things. They decide if there will be success or no success.

Another important point is that the tactic needs to be fully fluid - many people think they can P&P a tactic to test it - that's not the correct way to test a tactic.

I'm playing every match myself (NO IR, NO holiday matches except of the friendly matches at the beginning of a season). And I'm using team shouts (encourage) every 20 minutes in the matches.

Please don't ask me to share the tweak. It could be the best tweak I've created so far, but let me finish this season and I'll share it (if the results will be positive ones).

View attachment 1067085

View attachment 1067086

View attachment 1067087

Can any tweak could be better than Your flat 442 away amigo tweak?? Which I tested with zwolle(2nd. Place) hmm will see, looking forward to test it

This seems an awesome tactic to use in partnership with Deep Sicilian Defense :D May be the perfect Combo tatic :)

So far my tweak seems to be stable. Let's see if I can get the CL title. My CA is aprox. 150 (first team) - you can check it out a few pages ago. Yes I will sell Bony after that season :D

Last edited:
View attachment 1067140

View attachment 1067141

View attachment 1067142

The most important thing - the tweak: View attachment 1067144

BTW:

- I followed the OP (training, individual etc)
- OI's from TFF!
- The whole season I played on "standard", but as I lost the DFB-Cup final vs Bayern I decided to play on "control" in the CL final (so I don't know what would happen if you use "control" the normal way)

Would be happy if you could test the tweak. Is it that good as I think??

Feel free to ask questions.

I can confirm there is nothing "match engine exploiter" on the normal mentality. My father who also plays FM with me , has been playing with Deep Sicilian V5 , which plays a control mentality and already won 3 consecutive Champions League with Tottenham in 4 seasons!!! First season he won Europa League ;)

I know some of you was driven by what TFF said a few weeks earlier about something on the control mentality , but although i ofc believe him, is nothing that so great that would change the landscape of tatics overall ;) so maybe control would work as well as worked with FMSERBIA and PSG :D

I can confirm there is nothing "match engine exploiter" on the normal mentality. My father who also plays FM with me , has been playing with Deep Sicilian V5 , which plays a control mentality and already won 3 consecutive Champions League with Tottenham in 4 seasons!!! First season he won Europa League ;)

I know some of you was driven by what TFF said a few weeks earlier about something on the control mentality , but although i ofc believe him, is nothing that so great that would change the landscape of tatics overall ;) so maybe control would work as well as worked with FMSERBIA and PSG :D

The thing is , whether you play Control or Normal, in this years FM , unfortunately, Cross is the name of the Game :(

View attachment 1067140

View attachment 1067141

View attachment 1067142

BTW:

- OI's from TFF!
- The whole season I played on "standard", but as I lost the DFB-Cup final vs Bayern I decided to play on "control" in the CL final (so I don't know what would happen if you use "control" the normal way)

Feel free to ask questions.

Hey, buddy. Sorry for asking about a thing that's not associated to the tactic itself, but once you had some very great seasons with an underdog team, I must ask you what you use to say in team talks, including the tones.

Please, I figured that this is my worst problem. I'm not good with team talks.

If you can help me, tell me what you shout them pre-match, half-time, and post.

I'll be very grateful!

Hey, buddy. Sorry for asking about a thing that's not associated to the tactic itself, but once you had some very great seasons with an underdog team, I must ask you what you use to say in team talks, including the tones.

I'll be very grateful!
good question.i have same problem.tactic can be awesome but team talks can make worst results

I'll be very grateful!

good question.i have same problem.tactic can be awesome but team talks can make worst results

Team Talks | Football Manager 2016 Guide

I am currently stuck in a hotel for the next 10 days away for work and unable to download anything, is there any PI to go with this tactic, if so I would love to have a look at them so I can use this. This has always been my preferred formation to use.

Thank you in advance

First of all: CONGRATULATE!!!!!!

What kind of match prep do you use?
OI from TFF/s tactics, it it right?

Is this tactic better than amigo (first tweak from another thread) when you had weaker team in your first season. Despite it you destroyed the Bundesliga...

THX!!!

solounamigo;301435 0 said:
View attachment 1067140

View attachment 1067141

View attachment 1067142

BTW:

- OI's from TFF!

Feel free to ask questions.[/QUOTE

I did not test it with an weaker team right now. I only used it with Darmstadt 98 in the third season so far - the CA of the first team was 150.

Yes, the OI from TFF and match prep. Def. Pos.

I have to say I just love this tactic. Had great success with it in it's first season of use in my current save.

My first 'DoF' save, in which I am playing with my own set of rules - DoF handles ALL transfer and contract duties, I just handle the team that is assembled.

We have made it up to the Championship in the 2024/25 season and in our first two season in the league with a previous tactic I finished 3rd and lost in the playoff final on penalties and then 7th. We have been doing well, but this tactic took us over the top and then some!

Simply the tactic from the OP, OIs set as the OP, Match Training set to Def. Positioning and then I use Instant Result for every game.

We blew the league apart, setting records for total points and goals scored.

View attachment 137579View attachment 137578

I am still learning the game so I have a noobish question. I've setted up the opposition instruction in my tactic like the OP said, but when I go to the match, everything is clear... Like if I need to ask my assistant to put something there. My question is, even though everything is clear, does my OI are respected from my tactic?