Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan [19:45 - 09/03/2011]

30% possession and 0 shots is parking the bus? oO)

Difference is Spurs lumped the ball long when the defence got it. Arsenal tried to play theirway out of defence and goal caught time and time again.

Hope Spuds get Barca. Sneaky bet on Shakhtar to win the Champs league.

Solid performance from Sandro today, what a future he has. And Dawson and Gallas were brilliant, if only we defended like that against Wolves.

Congrats on parking the bus against a bunch on oldies, Spurs!

nomnomnomnomnom

Your bitter tears taste so sweet. (K)

About the game... a really steely resolve about it, in both halves from us. Sandro was the stand-out performer for me, with a ridiculous amount of interceptions both outside and inside the box. Definitely my MOTM, would surprise me if he didn't get it.

I won't go into detail as I usually do post-match, but I am very happy we progress.

I'd love for us to get Barcelona in the next round. Either we lose to the team considered the best in the world, or we do what Arsenal couldn't and knock the biggest threat out of the competition. :wub:

It is horrible mate lol. It bores me to death.

Ahah ; ) Man, I'm so sad..
It's humiliating don't have an Italian team in the Champions League .. I don't think that Tottenham is stronger than Milan as I don't think that Shaktar is stronger than Roma .. We will see Inter..

nomnomnomnomnom

Your bitter tears taste so sweet. (K)

About the game... a really steely resolve about it, in both halves from us. Sandro was the stand-out performer for me, with a ridiculous amount of interceptions both outside and inside the box. Definitely my MOTM, would surprise me if he didn't get it.

I won't go into detail as I usually do post-match, but I am very happy we progress.

I'd love for us to get Barcelona in the next round. Either we lose to the team considered the best in the world, or we do what Arsenal couldn't and knock the biggest threat out of the competition. :wub:

Drawing Barca is basically a Win Win situation for Spurs. There not expected to beat them but if they do then fair play, would love to see Spurs at the Nou Camp, surely cant be as bad as us.

Well played Spurs good luck:)
i know i shouldn't but i do like spurs aha
and what could be better than all these sour Arsenal fans;)

All spurs did was park the bus and hoof it to crouch for him to foul someone, but they deserved to go through. Milan were the better team but should've done that at the san siro, just didn't create enough. Such a shadow of their former days, as the commentator mentioned, with a prime maldini & seedorf, van basten etc..

And once again Ibra proved he's the most overrated player on the planet. Pile of **** that guy. And robinho can go in the same category, time and time again, game after game the pair fail to do anything.

Flicked over to the shalke game after the whistle and the last 3 mins there were more exciting than the 90 of this one. They're looking a top side this year.

Last edited:
Oh my :O That was surprisingly successful ;)

I'm all for letting Spurs have their night, but if they really want it, they should focus on their own team, instead of singing about Arsenal on a night of triumph..

And CJACKO - We DID park the bus. It's difficult at the Nou Camp..

Drawing Barca is basically a Win Win situation for Spurs. There not expected to beat them but if they do then fair play, would love to see Spurs at the Nou Camp, surely cant be as bad as us.

I agree, at least we won't be as bad as your lot ;) But seriously, Barca would be a great draw for the reasons mentioned above, I would be on the first flight to he Nou Camp for the away leg :)

christ, if people are gonna be needlessly bitter, move on. not having another wasted match thread

And once again Ibra proved he's the most overrated player on the planet. Pile of **** that guy. And robinho can go in the same category, time and time again, game after game the pair fail to do anything.

Well, looks like someone hasn't been watching Serie A this year, or indeed more or less any year Ibra's played in Serie A.

Don't be angry vs Tottenham :)
Arsenal hasn't done what Inter did last year, defense defense and defense.
English teams don't know this word..

You can't compare this win to Arsenals defeat. The difference in the calibre of the two sides is stupid! Barca 70 minutes in bring on Affelay..AC bring on staffer or something..AC are an ageing side and Arsenal have already beaten that AC side when it was arguably younger and better.

Congratz Tottenham. Really well defended...and Sandro is a very good defensive midfielder. Based on tonights performance.

christ, if people are gonna be needlessly bitter, move on. not having another wasted match thread

It was one comment! OK two, but still - Spurs fans would've done the same (Spurs fans troll Arsenal threads all the time)

Ahah ; ) Man, I'm so sad..
It's humiliating don't have an Italian team in the Champions League .. I don't think that Tottenham is stronger than Milan as I don't think that Shaktar is stronger than Roma .. We will see Inter..

Milan don't deserve to lose...
again, luckier team wins...

Forza Milan per sempre!