Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerome Boateng wants to swap Man City for Bayern Munich

Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng wants to return to the German league by joining Bayern Munich.
The 22-year-old move to City last summer on a five-year deal from Hamburg but has become frustrated at Eastlands.

He wants to play at centre-back and not the right-back slot he usually occupies for City.
He said: "It is all about whether I am released. I hope it works.
"Bayern are bigger than City, they are one of the top six teams in Europe. To play for them would be an honour."

A stumbling block over any deal could be the fee for Boateng, whose first season at City was disrupted by injury and limited him to 24 appearances.
His last game for City was on 2 March in the FA Cup fifth round victory over Aston Villa.
Despite City going on to lift the Cup and qualify for the Champions League, Boateng is keen to leave in order to improve his international prospects with Germany.

"I would like to go to Munich. On my side everything is clear," said Boateng.
"I have already told [City manager] Roberto Mancini that I want to play in central defence and not at full-back.
"Bayern have indicated I will play in the centre. To play there regularly is important for me because I will have a better chance of playing in the national team."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont blame him wants to play CB and the biggest club in his country wants him:)

With respect - thats typical manc arrogance - no wonder you generate such dislike.

Liverpool transfer news: Kenny Dalglish given £80million budget for Anfield rebuild - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Kenny Dalglish's £80million Liverpool revolution is set to continue with the capture of Southampton whizzkid Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The Kop boss has been told by the club's American owners to carry on spending as he looks to build a squad capable of mounting a sustained challenge for the Premier League title next season.

And after missing out to Manchester United in the £16million race to land Phil Jones last week, Dalglish has moved in to beat Arsenal for top teenage winger Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Arsene Wenger was certain that he had secured the 17-year-old winger with a package that could net Southampton up to £12million.

The article doesn't explain why Dalglish is in pole position. Just that he's apparently made the same bid as us and has a big transfer budget. Same source that claimed Arsenal had finalised the Chamberlain deal about a week ago :-|.

If it comes down to personal terms, I'm confident Arsenal will sign him. Wenger factor, plus his dad wants him to come to Arsenal.

The article doesn't explain why Dalglish is in pole position. Just that he's apparently made the same bid as us and has a big transfer budget. Same source that claimed Arsenal had finalised the Chamberlain deal about a week ago :-|.

If it comes down to personal terms, I'm confident Arsenal will sign him. Wenger factor, plus his dad wants him to come to Arsenal.

I'm curious what the 'Wenger factor' is? Bringing through youth that are unsuccessful?

I'm curious what the 'Wenger factor' is? Bringing through youth that are unsuccessful?

Being renowned for giving young players a chance?

And just lol. If you mean unsuccessful as players at the top level, there's plenty of examples of players who have been successes.

If you mean in terms of trophies, Liverpool hardly have any bragging rights about that.

Being renowned for giving young players a chance?

And just lol. If you mean unsuccessful as players at the top level, there's plenty of examples of players who have been successes.

If you mean in terms of trophies, Liverpool hardly have any bragging rights about that.

What's Walcott become? He's hardly lived up to his billing has he, and he's from Southampton.

We've been through turbulent times, and still we've been closer to winning the league since one of us last won a trophy.

What's Walcott become? He's hardly lived up to his billing has he, and he's from Southampton.

We've been through turbulent times, and still we've been closer to winning the league since one of us last won a trophy.

He's had an excellent season and is getting better all the time. What's Cesc Fabregas become? One of the world's best, and most wanted Midfielders.

And that was some while ago - since then you've fallen out of the Top 4 completely and almost gone bankrupt.

Also - I'm not sure what relevance being from Southampton has. Chamberlain is from there too, but one example doesn't set a precedent for others.

Paul Smith, Sunday times
Why are Liverpool supporters getting so excited about Phil Jones? He already rejected them in favour of Manchester United.

The fact Liverpool tried to offer Blackburn more money for him doesn't make an ounce of difference to the player.
It was Blackburn who insisted on a £16m buy-out clause in Phil Jones contract so they are in no position to complain about the fee

Paul Smith, Sunday time

Phil Jones agent - I expect the deal to be formally announced in the next 48 hours. The buy-out clause put in by BRFC cannot be challenged

He added the player was given permission by BRFC to speak to four clubs who met the buy-out clause and he opted for MUFC.

According to the agent that called me at 9pm this morning the deal was completed last night.

Jones has already passed a medical and agreed personal terms. It's just down to the PL to sign off the deal now

Hopefully he got it right,,

Last edited:
Lol, all QPR fans know Paul Smith, he's always stuck by us since the points deduction where he said from the start that there wouldn't be one and he always reports all QPR stuff now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back