Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is abit of Allardyce DNA in all of us.

Pearce certainly does...

SKY SPORTS NEWS BREAKING NEWS

Spurs reject 22M bid for Modric from Chelsea

Chelsea will re-bid

Pretty derisory bid. Can't work out whether I'd rather see him go to Utd or Chelsea. Can see the former bidding now - if both bids are accepted... I think he'd go to Chelsea for some reason. Wouldn't be out of place at either, though. Can't he just go to Portsmouth? I'm sure 'Arry will make a return, and that way our rivals are weakened without any strengthening of other rivals.

Pearce certainly does...

Pretty derisory bid. Can't work out whether I'd rather see him go to Utd or Chelsea. Can see the former bidding now - if both bids are accepted... I think he'd go to Chelsea for some reason. Wouldn't be out of place at either, though. Can't he just go to Portsmouth? I'm sure 'Arry will make a return, and that way our rivals are weakened without any strengthening of other rivals.

My Beloved Pompey couldn't afford a bucket for him to **** in.

article-0-004A5F8100000258-871_468x560.jpg

Obviously, who could say no to THAT?

That is a real English specieman!!!

thoughts on this?

CJACKO

In a nutshell we should go upto 40m and get the man.

Spurs want alot more than £22m and rightly so. Modric is their best player but I don't see him sticking around.

god knows where he will end up first someone says will stay in italy if had choice then would like to move to barca and then would love to play for red side of manchester i think will end up at newcastle:P

I see him going to Inter.

I think he is sensible enough to know he will probably play week in/week out at Inter, and that's certainly not a guarantee at Barca. Although, I would love him at United, but it might force someone out.

what is Mike Ashley playing at selling the club captain and not offering our next most important player a new deal! seriously!!!

Udinese have confirmed that all five clubs interested in Alexis Sanchez have made offers.

European champions Barcelona, Manchester duo City and United, Inter Milan and Juventus have all made their moves.

City had been leading the charge for the brilliant young Chilean and their bid is reported to be the best in terms of finances for Udinese - but the player will have the final decision.

United have entered the bidding at the final stages, with Sir Alex Ferguson seemingly unwilling not to try and land a player he has admired for the best part of a decade.

Juventus are keen to make a marquee signing ahead of the opening of their new stadium - but reports on the continent suggest it is Barca and Inter who are now leading the chase.

Udinese's transfer consultant Stefano Antonelli, who helps oversee all their major deals, confirmed to Sky Italia that they were now looking at their options.

"There are five clubs who are doing everything to get hold of him: Barcelona, Manchester City, United and two Italian clubs," Antonelli revealed.

"The offers have all come from these clubs. We don't want to create a bidding war, but he is the big name on the transfer market at the moment and everyone wants him.

"Over the next few days we should learn where Sanchez will go. We wanted to keep hold of the player, but when there is an important offer, it should be evaluated fully."
Favourites

Antonelli admitted he did not know where Sanchez would go, but he feels Barcelona would be the logical favourites.

"All the clubs we talked about have a chance of signing him, but right now my feeling is that he's more likely to go abroad," he said.

"Barcelona's very powerful push on to the scene has changed the scenario somewhat."

So that first bid has finally come then. Guess it is now a case of getting the best possible deal for the club, if little Luka is intent on moving.

Personally I'd rather he move to Chelsea if he were to stay in England, but of course I'd favour a move abroad over the two English options.

That said, who could we possibly replace him with? I love Niko, and if we could offer him Luka's spot in the team then I think he'd be happy to stay, but he isn't anywhere near as good. Maybe we actually do need to buy a midfielder this year! Shocking.

Maybe we'll change our system, and have Huddlestone and Sandro in the middle, sitting deeper.

So that first bid has finally come then. Guess it is now a case of getting the best possible deal for the club, if little Luka is intent on moving.

Personally I'd rather he move to Chelsea if he were to stay in England, but of course I'd favour a move abroad over the two English options.

That said, who could we possibly replace him with? I love Niko, and if we could offer him Luka's spot in the team then I think he'd be happy to stay, but he isn't anywhere near as good. Maybe we actually do need to buy a midfielder this year! Shocking.

Maybe we'll change our system, and have Huddlestone and Sandro in the middle, sitting deeper.

Gomes
Hutton Gallas Dawson BAE
Huddlestone Sandro
VDV
Lennon------------ Bale
Damiao Gyan

what is Mike Ashley playing at selling the club captain and not offering our next most important player a new deal! seriously!!!

Nolan is no longer required on the pitch and wanted a multiple year contract extension, West Ham will be paying him £55k for 5 years on top of a £4-5m fee. We stand to make £4-5m, and save another £5m in wages on a player who would have been benchwarming next season.

As for Barton, I'm hoping he'll get another contract offer and his dispute with the board will be resolved, but you can't go around slagging off your boss the way he has without some consequences.

Now to the actual rumours: Sky Sports News say that we've beat Everton to Ba, also Barnetta and Matuidi continue to be strongly linked, with Barnetta, or another Bundesliga player, apparently in town for negotiations.

Mugaro Gomis - Dundee Utd - Birmingham City [Free]
Danny Kovermans - PSV - Birmingham City [Free] Possible..
Luka Modric - Tottenham - Chelsea 22m Rejected [28m] Possible..
Charles N'Zogbia - Wigan - Newcastle [12m]
Craig Gardner - Birmingham to Newcastle/Sunderland [5-8m]
Steven Taylor - Newcastle - QPR [5m]
Danny Guthrie - Newcastle - Birmingham/Bolton/Blackburn [3m]
Matt Mills - Reading - Wolves [4m]
Alexies Sanchez - Udinese - Man Utd/Man City/Barcelona [27m]
Kevin Nolan - Newcastle - Westham [3-4m]
Mark Noble - West Ham - Stoke/Fulham [6m]
Nicky Maynard - Bristol City - Leicester [4m]
Bobby Zamora - Fulham - Stoke [Whealen and 4m]
Demba Ba - West Ham - Everton/Stoke/Newcastle/Sunderland [6-8m]
Ashley Young - Aston Villa - Man Utd [23m]
Scott Dann - Birmingham - Liverpool/Arsenal [7-9m]
Roger Johnson - Birmingham - Fulham/Wolves/West Brom/Villa/Spurs [9-12m]
Cameron Jerome - Birmingham - Bolton 5m rejected [6-8m]
Alex - Chelsea - Bayern Munchen - [10-14m]
Emmanuel Adebayor - Man City - Blackburn [10-18m]
Maxi Rodriguez - Liverpool - Newells old Boys [?]
Raul Meireles - Liverpool - Porto [8-10m]
Charlie Adam - Blackpool - Man utd [12m]
Craig Cathcart - Blackpool - QPR [4m]
Dj Campbell - Blackpool - QPR/Sunderland/Everton/Swansea [2m]
Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal - Barcelona [30-40m plus Thiago Alcantara]
Wesley Sneijder - Inter - Man utd [35m]
Sergio Aguero - Atletico Madrid - JUVENTUS/Man city/Chelsea [40m]
Kaka - Real Madrid - Inter [29m]
Scott Parker - West Ham - Spurs [12m]
Matthew Upson - West Ham - Wolves/West Brom [3-6m]
Rob Green - West Ham - Villa/Fulham/Norwich [4m]
Ben Foster - Birmingham - Arsenal/Villa [12m]
Chris Samba - Blackburn - Arsenal [9-12m]
James Collins - Villa - Blackburn [4-6m]
Jonathan Woodgate - Spurs - Leeds [2m]
Alan Smith - Newcastle - Leeds [?]
Various sources.
Sky Sports, Talk Sport, Offside, fourfourtwo, ESPN, Daily Mail, Sun, Daily Express, Daily Sport, Daily Star, Birmingham Mail, Northwest Paper Etc

Leeds would be ripped off paying 2 million for Woodgate, when he'sj just been released.

Nolan is no longer required on the pitch and wanted a multiple year contract extension, West Ham will be paying him £55k for 5 years on top of a £4-5m fee. We stand to make £4-5m, and save another £5m in wages on a player who would have been benchwarming next season.

As for Barton, I'm hoping he'll get another contract offer and his dispute with the board will be resolved, but you can't go around slagging off your boss the way he has without some consequences.

Now to the actual rumours: Sky Sports News say that we've beat Everton to Ba, also Barnetta and Matuidi continue to be strongly linked, with Barnetta, or another Bundesliga player, apparently in town for negotiations.

Is that Barnetta to Newcastle? Unlikely. He has Champions League football next season.

We made a bid of 35 Million Euros for Sanchez.. We got money baby.. (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back