Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The speculation about United's transfer fund has actually come good thus far. I would be surprised if they end up spending the reported £100+ million that is supposedly available, but I do think they will get quite close to it. De Gea, Jones, and perhaps Modric for a combined £70 million or so wouldn't really be a surprise to me.

Maybe the Glazers will eventually turn into positive owners? Perhaps not, but must be good to see them spending money, as United fans.

Any Source for that.

Twitter. Some Italian media.. But in Sky it is published that they have accepted 5 bids. Surely we made close to 30 Million pounds for them to accept..

Happy to see us having money and going for big names..

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Where would Sanchez fit ?

He is versatile, can play as RW or behind striker too..

I hope this Sanchez deal drags on between City/United, then hopefully we can go un-detected and get Mata (<333) in.

The speculation about United's transfer fund has actually come good thus far. I would be surprised if they end up spending the reported £100+ million that is supposedly available, but I do think they will get quite close to it. De Gea, Jones, and perhaps Modric for a combined £70 million or so wouldn't really be a surprise to me.

Maybe the Glazers will eventually turn into positive owners? Perhaps not, but must be good to see them spending money, as United fans.

It is brilliant tbh Billy. It shows the stregthen we hold as a commercial brand.

Add young to them names, and you could see 90million spent, before hopefully we go for a striker.

It is brilliant tbh Billy. It shows the stregthen we hold as a commercial brand.

Add young to them names, and you could see 90million spent, before hopefully we go for a striker.

Why do you want one more striker?

why would u want a striker mate?

You already have Rooney, Berba, Javier, Owen....

Twitter. Some Italian media.. But in Sky it is published that they have accepted 5 bids. Surely we made close to 30 Million pounds for them to accept..

Happy to see us having money and going for big names..

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

He is versatile, can play as RW or behind striker too..

Ok, if we want to play him as RW, that means Valencia is going on the bench :/
But ih he plays Shadow Striker, then Rooney is going on the bench, so, I ask you again, where would Sanchez fit ?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

I hope this Sanchez deal drags on between City/United, then hopefully we can go un-detected and get Mata (<333) in.

Mata is ******* injury prone, he'll get killed in EPL. Excellent player but injury prone.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

why would u want a striker mate?

You already have Rooney, Berba, Javier, Owen, Macheda, Welbeck....

Fixed :)

But ih he plays Shadow Striker, then Rooney is going on the bench, so, I ask you again, where would Sanchez fit ?

We play so many games, reason I love Sanchez is we can play the flexible formation that we used to play in 2007-08.. All attackers interchanging positions..

We play so many games, reason I love Sanchez is we can play the flexible formation that we used to play in 2007-08.. All attackers interchanging positions..

Well, someone needs to warm the bench if we sign Sanchez. Im asking who ? Valencia or Rooney ? Maybe Hernandez ?

180 millon, but any talk about transfer budget is speculative.The only thing we can say for sure is that we have a cash balance of 180 million, and have had a cash balance of 100+million for about 2 and a half years. But they key factor in our transfers is wages and not the fees, so who knows how much we will spend

RE: Glazers, totally unknown what they are upto, but they have had the option to draw money from the club and stiill havent done so.

dont think we'll cross the 100millin mark in feeswewill get closes, but we will also sell players and release wages.

But yes its nice to see areas really being strengthened. Know you will not like it, but I wuld love Modric to be at United, not many players are worth 30+ million but he is one that is

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Well, someone needs to warm the bench if we sign Sanchez. Im asking who ? Valencia or Rooney ? Maybe Hernandez ?

rotation as always and he will start left moving inside

180 millon, but any talk about transfer budget is speculative.The only thing we can say for sure is that we have a cash balance of 180 million, and have had a cash balance of 100+million for about 2 and a half years. But they key factor in our transfers is wages and not the fees, so who knows how much we will spend

RE: Glazers, totally unknown what they are upto, but they have had the option to draw money from the club and stiill havent done so.

dont think we'll cross the 100millin mark in feeswewill get closes, but we will also sell players and release wages.

But yes its nice to see areas really being strengthened. Know you will not like it, but I wuld love Modric to be at United, not many players are worth 30+ million but he is one that is

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

rotation as always and he will start left moving inside

I highly doubt he can play left winger/inside foward. + Nani is pretty good on left flank.

Ah yes, I did forget Ashley Young.

So De Gea for around £18 million, Jones for a reported £16-20 million, Young for £16 million, and potentially Modric for £35-40 million.

I suppose that would indeed take the figure far closer to £100 million than I originally thought likely. £85 - 94 million by my count. Jeez Louise.

Of course, this is dismissing speculation that you will be signing Sanchez too. I personally believe he is most likely to move to a club outside of England, so I haven't included him in any budget calculation.

Mike. said:

I know he is, believe me. Going to be gutted to see him move, but wouldn't begrudge him another chance at the Champions League. He's one of the best players I've ever seen at my club, and he definitely deserves the glory. That said, I'd rather he didn't move to you lot at all.

:D

Arsenal have signed Ivory Coast striker Gervinho on a four-year deal from French outfit Lille, it is being tweeted.
Followers of the @DarrenArsenal1 Twitter account received the info just now. He wrote: "Gervinho has agreed a 4 year deal with #arsenal and club hope to announce signing before the weekend."
We wouldn't normally repeat this as news but Darren -- a lifelong fan and well-known figure at the club -- is known to have reliable sources at the club.
It was reported earlier today that the Gunners have agreed personal terms with the forward and he was ready to put pen to paper on a contract for fee of £10.6m.
Gervinho played an big part role in Lille’s double-winning campaign, scoring 18 goals and providing 10 assists. It is suspected that Gervinho’s arrival in N5 will speed the departure of wantaway Nicklas Bendtner .More follows...
CARL ELDRIDGE Follow me on Twitter @eldomedia

Arsenal 'sign Gervinho on four-year deal'?

TBH, if we do sign him then I wouldn't complain if Tony V was dropped after his performance against Barca.

TBH, if we do sign him then I wouldn't complain if Tony V was dropped after his performance against Barca.

But he was brilliant for most of the rest of the season (that he played), why drop him after one bad performance?

I highly doubt he can play left winger/inside foward. + Nani is pretty good on left flank.

he can play there ,plus nani isnt great on the left. having said that im not bothered about sanchez. I want Modric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back