Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he was brilliant for most of the rest of the season (that he played), why drop him after one bad performance?

Why not? Nani was one of the most potent attacking forces in Europe last season, and as wasteful as he could be at times; he still didn't deserve to be dropped for the big games near the end of the season. Rooney was also fantastic for the last few months of the season, are you suggesting he should be dropped instead? Valencia is a quality winger, but he is a bit of a one-trick pony too, and if we're gonna splash the cash on Sanchez then he's the one who needs to be dropped.

TBH, if we do sign him then I wouldn't complain if Tony V was dropped after his performance against Barca.

You are talking about player who run circles around Ash Cole every time, and god knows how highly Brits rate Cole ( rest of the world don't rate him that much ;) ). And Valencia didn't play for 6 months, so he can only be better. Dunno what happened against Barca, maybe bad day. Even Evra looked like schoolboy, do you want to replace Evra with someone like Coentrao ? I doubt it. Sanchez is good player but we don't need him.
We need ****** playmaker. We need Modric.

@Mike.
Exactly, I wish we could focus on signing Modric. I wouldn't mind if we pay over 35m for him. But if we pay 25m+ for Sanchez, and we have some players with similar qualities, if not better, I would go mental. We simply don't need him.

Last edited:
Moving swiftly on from what would undoubtedly just become a massive mud-slinging contest:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6992106,00.html

Skysports.com understands Alex McLeish has made Birmingham defender Scott Dann his top target when he takes charge at Aston Villa.

McLeish is expected to seal his shock switch to Villa in the next 24 hours after quitting Blues last weekend and he is looking to bring Dann to Villa Park with him.

Dann is expected to leave St Andrews this summer following their relegation and a number of Premier League sides are battling it out for Birmingham's biggest asset.

McLeish is a huge fan of Dann having paid a then club-record fee to sign the player from Coventry in the summer of 2009.

The 24-year-old has proved to be a massive success at St Andrews and he has established himself as one of the best young defenders in the country.

yeyeyeyeyeye

Moving swiftly on from what would undoubtedly just become a massive mud-slinging contest:

McLeish targets Dann deal | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Skysports.com understands Alex McLeish has made Birmingham defender Scott Dann his top target when he takes charge at Aston Villa.

McLeish is expected to seal his shock switch to Villa in the next 24 hours after quitting Blues last weekend and he is looking to bring Dann to Villa Park with him.

Dann is expected to leave St Andrews this summer following their relegation and a number of Premier League sides are battling it out for Birmingham's biggest asset.

McLeish is a huge fan of Dann having paid a then club-record fee to sign the player from Coventry in the summer of 2009.

The 24-year-old has proved to be a massive success at St Andrews and he has established himself as one of the best young defenders in the country.

yeyeyeyeyeye

As are we my friend, as are we...
I guess if he likes McLeish, he'll be a draw. But he's a 'Pool fan, so this could well be his only chance to play for us.

With all due respect to Villa, they are obviously a good side, if Liverpool turn their interest in Dann into a concrete bid (If it hasn't happened already) then I don't see him choosing to stay in Birmingham.

Don't know if it's already been posted, not seen it though..

nter Milan striker Samuel Eto'o has revealed he could be open to a Premier League move this summer. The Cameroon international has sent out mixed messages over whether he will stay with the Nerazzurri, claiming last month he would not leave the Giuseppe Meazza after lifting the Coppa Italia.
However, the 30-year-old now appears to be having second thoughts, with a switch to England possibly on the cards.
He told Il Corriere dello Sport: "I am currently considering my options. I have one month to decide as to whether I want to stay put or choose to move to the Premier League.

As are we my friend, as are we...
I guess if he likes McLeish, he'll be a draw. But he's a 'Pool fan, so this could well be his only chance to play for us.

With all due respect to Villa, they are obviously a good side, if Liverpool turn their interest in Dann into a concrete bid (If it hasn't happened already) then I don't see him choosing to stay in Birmingham.

Yep. The crux will be whether he wants to go to the club he supports (and obviously a bigger and better club than Villa) or reestablish a link with a manager he admires and got him playing the best footy of his career. If we don't get Dann, he can bring in Foster. <3

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

AFraser Adam Fraser
Alex McLeish to be confirmed as #AVFC boss at 6pm, apparently. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

Yep. The crux will be whether he wants to go to the club he supports (and obviously a bigger and better club than Villa) or reestablish a link with a manager he admires and got him playing the best footy of his career. If we don't get Dann, he can bring in Foster. <3

Clearly he's going to come to Arsenal to win trophies every year.

What?

I don't ACTUALLY want him. Jheez. He's not French for a start. And he's over 16.

Al Habsi to villa would be a good buy

I think so too. Improved exponentially this year, and needs a step up club-wise.

Clearly he's going to come to Arsenal to win trophies every year.

What?

I don't ACTUALLY want him. Jheez. He's not French for a start. And he's over 16.

Ladies and gentlemen, the world's first delusional Francophile paedophile!

ON SSN right now

Wembley to host 2013 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL !!

ON SSN right now

Wembley to host 2013 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL !!

Again? That soon?

And I'm not a paedophile, GC. I just like fiddling with ki- I mean; I just take an interest in Youth Football.

:D

Arsenal have signed Ivory Coast striker Gervinho on a four-year deal from French outfit Lille, it is being tweeted.
Followers of the @DarrenArsenal1 Twitter account received the info just now. He wrote: "Gervinho has agreed a 4 year deal with #arsenal and club hope to announce signing before the weekend."
We wouldn't normally repeat this as news but Darren -- a lifelong fan and well-known figure at the club -- is known to have reliable sources at the club.
It was reported earlier today that the Gunners have agreed personal terms with the forward and he was ready to put pen to paper on a contract for fee of £10.6m.
Gervinho played an big part role in Lille’s double-winning campaign, scoring 18 goals and providing 10 assists. It is suspected that Gervinho’s arrival in N5 will speed the departure of wantaway Nicklas Bendtner .More follows...
CARL ELDRIDGE Follow me on Twitter @eldomedia

Arsenal 'sign Gervinho on four-year deal'?

Bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back