Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read in other forum,..

Pedro Leon said 'No' to Liverpool despite them offering 3 ME, which is twice his current salary.

Marca.com

"Lille say they expect Gervinho's move to Arsenal will be announced next week. Lots of media stuff still to complete."

YoungGuns

What he actually said was that talks were progressing (albeit slowly), and he expects them to be resolved next week. Don't think the media is the problem (though Pacquet seems perfectly willing to talk about it publicly, unlike how Wenger usually conducts his business...) Seems to be a slight difference between the proposed fees at the moment.

Moving swiftly on from what would undoubtedly just become a massive mud-slinging contest:

McLeish targets Dann deal | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Skysports.com understands Alex McLeish has made Birmingham defender Scott Dann his top target when he takes charge at Aston Villa.

McLeish is expected to seal his shock switch to Villa in the next 24 hours after quitting Blues last weekend and he is looking to bring Dann to Villa Park with him.

Dann is expected to leave St Andrews this summer following their relegation and a number of Premier League sides are battling it out for Birmingham's biggest asset.

McLeish is a huge fan of Dann having paid a then club-record fee to sign the player from Coventry in the summer of 2009.

The 24-year-old has proved to be a massive success at St Andrews and he has established himself as one of the best young defenders in the country.

yeyeyeyeyeye

Club Record fee?? NO he was signed for 3.5m and Heskey is still Birminghams highest fee ever at 6.5m

Club Record fee?? NO he was signed for 3.5m and Heskey is still Birminghams highest fee ever at 6.5m

Heskey cost 3.5 mil rising to about 6.5, and Dann was the club record for a defender. Lazy by Sky, but meh.

Looks like we're going to miss out on Modric, so who do we want instead?

I wanted Nasri, Sneijder or Pastore ahead of Luka anyway.

Liverpool losing out on another target...

Thiago said that he might opt to leave Barcelona if he is not getting regular first team football next season. Man Utd maybe? :P

Wouldn't mind him tbqfh.

Liverpool disposto a pagar R$ 20 milhões por Lucas

Liverpool (ING) is willing to invest about $ 20 million to take Luke's Sao Paulo.The proposed low sounds to the ears of leaders tricolor, which recently sold Piazon Lucas, lower expression, by slightly less than the amount Chelsea (ENG).The contract runs through December half of 2015 and stratospheric fine is $ 180 million.

Goggle translate kills my eyes.

My portuguese is **** (As is my English!) but I'll give it a shot:

Liverpool is willing to spend around 20m Reais (Brazilian currency, 20m should be around 8m pounds) to get Lucas from São Paulo. The offer is too low for the clubs' board who recently sold Lucas Piazon, who wasn't as highly rated, to Chelsea for a slightly lesser sum. Lucas' contract runs until December 2015 and his release clause is 180m Reais (~70m pounds).

Wouldn't mind him tbqfh.

Losing out because he failed a medical, yes...
Newcastle taking risks on two players Ba/Marveaux, who both have fitness problems.

Thiago said that he might opt to leave Barcelona if he is not getting regular first team football next season. Man Utd maybe? :P

Thiago's words were taken out of context..
Thiago: "I want to rectify yesterday's statements, I didn't choose the right words."

"Barça is my home, here I grew up, here I want to triumph. That's my dream. I didn't want to upset the fans."

"Of course it's not pleasant to hear you might be sold, but I don't have any bad words for the club." [Rac1]

Unlikely to get Hamsik, he is even more loyal to Napoli than Modric is to spurs. Hamsik would fit in, could also play wide AML cutting in and drifting. He has very good positional sense, and often takes up odd attacking positions that confuse opp defenders. Think of him as a cross between Modric and Sneijder

Yes, Hamsik is very loyal to Napoli. Hamsik is a goal threat that Modric isn't. Sneijder is not a CM.

So our best bet is going for Modric and as a back up plan go all out for Hamsik. Gem waiting to be unleashed..

Losing out because he failed a medical, yes...
Newcastle taking risks on two players Ba/Marveaux, who both have fitness problems.

According to a sky article I posted earlier he didn't fail a medical - there were contractual discrepancies.

Wouldn't mind him tbqfh.

Looks like Nasri's staying put, I think Pastore is fairly loyal, and Chelsea want him as well, and then Sneijder (pre-Leonardo exit) wanted high wages and wasn't sure about a move from what I read. So you saying "Liverpool losing out on another target" is rather ironic since a) Marveaux failed a medical - and thus, according to Zebedee, Liverpool were unwilling to give him the wages he had been demanding and pulled out, leaving the door open for Newcastle, and b) You're almost certain to lose out on a couple of your targets too.

Oh, and I think the only way Thiago is going is if he's used in a swap-deal for someone. Whether that be Rossi, Sanchez, or Fabregas isn't clear.

Thiago's words were taken out of context..

Yes, Hamsik is very loyal to Napoli. Hamsik is a goal threat that Modric isn't. Sneijder is not a CM.

So our best bet is going for Modric and as a back up plan go all out for Hamsik. Gem waiting to be unleashed..

Thiago seems to have a reputation for shouting his mouth off. Talented player, but does he have the attitude to make it at the top level? Barca seem remarkably willing to let him go when he doesn't actually want to. Lots of hype around him, too. Remains to be seen whether he can handle the pressure and keep his mouth shut.

According to a sky article I posted earlier he didn't fail a medical - there were contractual discrepancies.

Zebedee said earlier that Liverpool were unwilling to pay the wages he had been demanding once he failed the medical. They took a risk - presumably thinking that if he passed the original medical, they could work on his fitness from there but it's never a good sign if he can't even pass the initial medical after an injury sustained in November.

So it seems to be a mixture of both.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Well, the player himself denies it.

Well he would... He doesn't want to worry fans and put his position under threat by saying he failed a medical; doesn't really bode well for anyone.

Well he would... He doesn't want to worry fans and put his position under threat by saying he failed a medical; doesn't really bode well for anyone.

I dont think he'd lie about it, considering a single word from Liverpool would make him look like a liar.

I dont think he'd lie about it, considering a single word from Liverpool would make him look like a liar.

Well there's no reason for Liverpool to officially say anything, so he can say what he wants.

Well there's no reason for Liverpool to officially say anything, so he can say what he wants.

Maybe not the club but anyone involved - every paper likes a story and everyone loves a few quid.

Looks like Nasri's staying put, I think Pastore is fairly loyal, and Chelsea want him as well, and then Sneijder (pre-Leonardo exit) wanted high wages and wasn't sure about a move from what I read. So you saying "Liverpool losing out on another target" is rather ironic since a) Marveaux failed a medical - and thus, according to Zebedee, Liverpool were unwilling to give him the wages he had been demanding and pulled out, leaving the door open for Newcastle, and b) You're almost certain to lose out on a couple of your targets too.

It's not ironic because we haven't lost out on our targets. I'm not even sure if we're after Pastore, I don't know what's going on with Nasri and if Sneijder leaves Inter, I can only see him joining us.

Also, I'm sorry that I didn't go digging through KOP sites and papers I don't usually read to find out if Marveaux had failed his medical :S all I know is I read he was close to joining Liverpool in yesterday's Sun; and I've woke up today to the news that he's joined Newcastle.

Why wouldn't he lie?

If I was trying to find a team after being made a free transfer, the last thing I would say is that the last club that tryed to sign me thought I wasn't fit enough to play football.

To be fair, unless anything is said by the club, officially, we can all speculate on what happened. Considering how happy most Liverpool fans were at the prospect of getting him, and the fact that I never even had a clue we were linked with him, it just seems like sour grapes. If the shoe was on the other foot, I can't imagine Toon fans being that fussed, at the end of the day, one teams decided to take the risk on him, and on their head be it if it fails to come off.

Why wouldn't he lie?

If I was trying to find a team after being made a free transfer, the last thing I would say is that the last club that tryed to sign me thought I wasn't fit enough to play football.

He was signed hours after the move to Liverpool failed. He didn't have to try much.

It's not ironic because we haven't lost out on our targets. I'm not even sure if we're after Pastore, I don't know what's going on with Nasri and if Sneijder leaves Inter, I can only see him joining us.

Also, I'm sorry that I didn't go digging through KOP sites and papers I don't usually read to find out if Marveaux had failed his medical :S all I know is I read he was close to joining Liverpool in yesterday's Sun; and I've woke up today to the news that he's joined Newcastle.

Well it looks like you've lost out on Modric and Nasri for a start.

And you're forgiven. This time.

To be fair, unless anything is said by the club, officially, we can all speculate on what happened. Considering how happy most Liverpool fans were at the prospect of getting him, and the fact that I never even had a clue we were linked with him, it just seems like sour grapes. If the shoe was on the other foot, I can't imagine Toon fans being that fussed, at the end of the day, one teams decided to take the risk on him, and on their head be it if it fails to come off.

Completely agree - just saying what I've heard. But LFC have no reason to say anything official, so it's only the player, and Liverpool who know what happened until something concrete comes out, which it probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back