Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football transfer rumours: Liverpool to sign Diego ... and Wayne Bridge?
Today's gossip think he's a gamesman, pure and simple

Football transfer rumours: Liverpool to sign Diego ... and Wayne Bridge? | Paul Doyle | Football | guardian.co.uk

Meanwhile, the club who may or may have just eclipsed Liverpool as the most successful in English history, depending on how you tot up the trophies, aim to continue their recruitment by bagging a striker to replace Dimitar Berbatov, whose list of wooers now includes Valencia. The name of Napoli's Edinson Cavani is cropping up in dispatches with increasing regularity, while United are also said to be vying with Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and all the other usual suspects for the signature of Ivorian sensation Souleymane Coulibaly, for whom no story or fee sounds too far-fetched following his ridiculous hat-trick against Brazil in the Under-17 World Cup. That brought the 16-year-old's tally for the tournament to eight goals in three matches.

Cavani is so <3. **** you rumour mill getting my hopes up for a split second until I realise what I' reading. :(

Mancini has just said on Sky Italia that he has spoken to Sanchez and he would be happy to come to City. However...he said that City have pulled out of the deal because the price is too high (Udinese upping the price to 40-50m i guess). Dunno if the Sanchez deal is off or are they waiting for Udinese to lower the price...but it seems like the deal is off for now.

And he also said that City are close to sealing a few deals. Sorry..no english source yet.

@AhsanNaeem Ahsan Naeem
'Sanchez too expensive. City have moved on.' Mancini. #mcfc

Last edited:
According to Sky Sources, Sammy Lee has left his position as Assistant Manager at Liverpool.

yep, SAF LAF them off! and LOL :D

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

we wont make any move, no space at the back any way

I know, just, I don't want him there :/.

" We withdrawn from negotiations to buy Alexis Sanchez, even though we made ​​some offers that can not be considered important. Lavezzi? It 'a player I really like . "

Mancini on Sky Sport 24 Italia. Looks like he is heading to Barca.

After the excitement and high level of activity during last week's French football transfer window it's no surprise it's been a bit quieter over the past seven days. Despite no players moving between the leagues, there were still plenty of rumours linking English clubs with prospective French talent and a handful of moves expected to be completed imminently.

Firstly, Liverpool are currently in discussions with Brest over their pacy, young forward Nolan Roux. Only 23-years-old and bearing a striking resemblance to one Fernando Torres, the youngster is a bright young prospect in French football. Quick, clever and with a great sense of positioning, Kenny Dalglish looks set to bag a bargain. However, Schalke have also entered the race for his signature and tabled a bid.

Newcastle United have again been splashed across the back pages of French newspapers as they have reportedly tabled a €7.5million offer for Paris St Germain's mercurial Turkish striker Mevlut Erding. The Magpies have also been linked again to Toulouse's pacy full-back Cheikh M'Bengue who is also on the wish-list of last season's champions Lille.

Although he was expected to complete his transfer to Arsenal this week, Gervinho is still with the Pas-de-Calais side. The two sides are understood to be close to a deal but the Ivorian's switch to the Premier League is proving to be rather drawn out.

Deep-lying playmaker Blaise Matuidi, last week linked with Newcastle, is also apparently of interest to Arsenal as Arsene Wenger looks to complete a double raid on Ligue 1. The youngster has welcomed the Gunners' interest and confirmed his desire to play in England.
"I am flattered by the interest from clubs abroad and I have always loved the Premier League. It is the best league in the world and I really want to be part of that," he said.

Stephane Ruffier, Monaco's captain and goalkeeper has been linked with a move to Aston Villa. The France international is believed to be considering his future with Les Monegasques after their demotion to Ligue 2. So too is striker Park Chu-Young and it is believed he has been told he can leave the Principality outfit. The subject of interest from Liverpool, Tottenham, PSG and Rennes, the South Korean could be heading across the Channel very soon.

Cedric Mongongou, also of Monaco, is thought to be high on the wish lists of both West Brom and Stoke. The strong, athletic centre-back is also coveted by a host of French sides but is believed to be keen on a move to England.

Another player who could join him in England is Moussa Sissoko, the tenacious and energetic Toulouse defensive midfielder is thought to be interesting new Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, according to French media reports. However, Liverpool and Newcastle are also chasing him. Ex-Chelsea player Lassana Diarra is another Frenchman who could be turning out in the EPL next season after falling out of favour at Real Madrid. There is no shortage of interest in the talented central midfielder and Manchester United, Manchester City and Spurs are all thought to be keen on him.

Le Gossip | Sky Sports | Home | Picks of the day

" We withdrawn from negotiations to buy Alexis Sanchez, even though we made ​​some offers that can not be considered important. Lavezzi? It 'a player I really like . "

Mancini on Sky Sport 24 Italia. Looks like he is heading to Barca.

He did say that he spoke with Sanchez and he was open to a move. But the price is too high. I wonder if Mancini is telling the media a lie or speaking the truth.

But i doubt Barca have the resources to buy him if not even City are willing to pay what Udinese want.

He did say that he spoke with Sanchez and he was open to a move. But the price is too high. I wonder if Mancini is telling the media a lie or speaking the truth.

But i doubt Barca have the resources to buy him if not even City are willing to pay what Udinese want.

People were reporting city were one of the 5 sides chasing Neymar, they have distanced themselves from that. City are not willing to pay 40m for Sanchez, regardless of how much money they have, the price is too high. FFP is playing on their minds now.

People were reporting city were one of the 5 sides chasing Neymar, they have distanced themselves from that. City are not willing to pay 40m for Sanchez, regardless of how much money they have, the price is too high. FFP is playing on their minds now.

Yeah..that Neymar thing was bollocks from the start. But i dont think anyone is willing to pay 40m for Sanchez. Sanchez is/was Mancinis top target. If it's true what he says...i wonder who he has his eyes on then? I can't figure out anyone.

40m is ridiculous for him, but then Udinese dont want to sell anyway

I know..and im almoste 100% sure that no1 will pay that for him. I just wonder if City are playing the waiting game and see if their demands drop to that 30m pound City are willing to pay.

Or is Mancini eyeing someone else? Who else is good enough for that right-side attacking midfield slot? I dont buy that all because i know there isn't really anyone similiar to Sanchez who is good enough and is on the market. And Mancini wants someone on the right-side. Last season he only had Johnson and MILNER there. :D So it's no secret.

I know..and im almoste 100% sure that no1 will pay that for him. I just wonder if City are playing the waiting game and see if their demands drop to that 30m pound City are willing to pay.

Or is Mancini eyeing someone else? Who else is good enough for that right-side attacking midfield slot?

Still not sure why he doesnt trust Johnson, but apparently City have their eye on "smaller" names, though none are mentioned

Still not sure why he doesnt trust Johnson, but apparently City have their eye on "smaller" names, though none are mentioned

Johnson needs competition because he is inconsistent. When he came back from injury the Sunderland game was the only game he played good in. He needs competition..Milner was his only competition and Milner is **** there. Mancini wont use him there again.

Johnson needs competition because he is inconsistent. When he came back from injury the Sunderland game was the only game he played good in. He needs competition..Milner was his only competition and Milner is **** there. Mancini wont use him there again.

Milner is best in the middle, why people keep pushing him back wide is beyond me. Sanchez would have played through the middle most likely, in front of your strong midfield, similar to how he plays for Udinese

Milner is best in the middle, why people keep pushing him back wide is beyond me. Sanchez would have played through the middle most likely, in front of your strong midfield, similar to how he plays for Udinese

Yeah...Mancini wants the width from the full-backs. Sanchez doesn't exactly hug the line, thats why Mancini wants/wanted him. And Milner will play in middle next season, no doubt.

This FFPR is having a bad impact at City :( If Sanchez is now out of question it will mean that the plan B will be a worse player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back