Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...Mancini wants the width from the full-backs. Sanchez doesn't exactly hug the line, thats why Mancini wants/wanted him. And Milner will play in middle next season, no doubt.

This FFPR is having a bad impact at City :( If Sanchez is now out of question it will mean that the plan B will be a worse player.

If City had started implementing last season, it wouldnt be so severe this season

Lavezzi is quality, but he'd be just as expensive

Yeah..26 year old, considers himself similiar to Tevez. He is a forward....Has scored 1 goal in 12 apps for Argentina and 29 goals for Napoli in 129 games. No thanks....

I really hope Mancini knows what he is doing. Signing the next Vidic is a good thing but if City want to challenge for title and CL they need some firepower in attack.

Mancini seems to eye Savic and the LB from Lyon Aly Cissokho...most overrated LB in the world lol. He is like Micah Richards without a footballing brain.

Lavezzi's not a goal scorer, but my God he's fast and can cross it well. Certainly no light weight.

Yeah..26 year old, considers himself similiar to Tevez. He is a forward....Has scored 1 goal in 12 apps for Argentina and 29 goals for Napoli in 129 games. No thanks....

I really hope Mancini knows what he is doing. Signing the next Vidic is a good thing but if City want to challenge for title and CL they need some firepower in attack.

Mancini seems to eye Savic and the LB from Lyon Aly Cissokho...most overrated LB in the world lol. He is like Micah Richards without a footballing brain.

Actually plays more like an attacking midfielder, thats where he spent most of last season, and it isnt all about goals, averaged 2.39 key passes a game last season, 6 goals and 12 assists in the league. He has very good all round play. Only Cavani was a better player for Napoli

Last edited:

Mancini seems to eye Savic and the LB Aly Cissokho...most overrated LB in the world lol.

Right, except Lavezzi had 38 apps last season, 8 goals and 12 assists (in all comps). So that's an assist or goal every one and a half games. That's a superb record. He's a wonderful player, but not like Tevez: He's quicker, less of a worker, but more of a dribbler. Also, he's good creatively.

That said, the last thing City need is MORE attackers. Possibly a wide forward (unless Balotelli can work himself into the starting lineup) but apart from that, no. What they need is a truly top-quality centre-back to complement Kompany, and a left-back. Maybe another defensive mid too...

Right, except Lavezzi had 38 apps last season, 8 goals and 12 assists (in all comps). So that's an assist or goal every one and a half games. That's a superb record. He's a wonderful player, but not like Tevez: He's quicker, less of a worker, but more of a dribbler. Also, he's good creatively.

That said, the last thing City need is MORE attackers. Possibly a wide forward (unless Balotelli can work himself into the starting lineup) but apart from that, no. What they need is a truly top-quality centre-back to complement Kompany, and a left-back. Maybe another defensive mid too...

Gotta admit i haven't watched Lavezzi much. If he is that good...im all for him to join City.

City need attackers! Someone on the right. A Lb, Cb and maybe 1-2 attacking midfielders/midfielders. Milner is **** on the right and Johnson is not much better...too inconsistent.

And the deadwood needs to be shifted. City have a pretty small squad depth when you take all **** players from the squad.

Last edited:
On the Neymar situation: The line of 5 clubs meeting his activation clause of like 40 million euros came from the Santos president who is often seen to stir up 'situations' so naturally I am slightly critical of his claims that City and Chelsea are in for him so far that they have made concrete 40 million offers. I do believe that club (s) have bid for him and the one club I know 100 pct that has bid is a Kazahkstani club who will offer him ridiculous money no doubt since they are owned by a billionaire I believe but if Neymar sells out and goes there his career will get buried so I doubt that story has any legs. I can definitely see Chelsea bidding for him/Falcao and certainly Real Madrid want him.

Blackburn rovers are in talks with Euro 2008 winner and ex Spain captain Marcus Senna over a possible move (Most likely since they are far richer financially than Swansea), and more interestingly they have made an inquiry to Lazio about Argentinian Mauro Zarate and to Juventus about forward Amauri who has returned from a 6 month loan at Parma. My personal feeling is Zarate will be available for around 20-24 million but more likely target is Amauri who Juve are keen to offload despite (in my opinion) being one of the most naturally gifted forwards in world football. He will most likely cost around 9 million euros.

Aguero is still heavily linked with Juve in the Italian press. Also there is strong reports from Italian news agencies and local Turin papers that Juventus are extremely keen on Micah Richards of Manchester City and will attempt to launch a 19 million euros bid sometime in the summer. (Highly doubt MCFC will sell).

De Gea will probably officially complete his move in the next 32 hours.

Bolton are talking to Benfica about an 8 million pound move for Rodrigo Moreno to replace their ageing strikeforce, sounds like a gamble but if this kid comes off the way people think he will be some player.

Marko Marin, I understand Manchester City have made a 8.5 million euros bid for the well known to be available winger and he will probably become some form of squad player but Marin has already rejected an approach from a top Italian team and moves to Russia but hopefully he will see the chance to come to City as alot better than his previous offers.

Again, sorry I can't get on at the minute to answer any queries but from Thursday I should be on alot more!

Does anyone know what The Mirror's football exclusive was at 1am?

Can't find it anywhere.

Manchester City have pulled out of the race to sign Alexis Sanchez of Udinese, says boss Roberto Mancini.

The Premiership giants are understood to have offered around €40m for the player, but the Stadio Friuli outfit are hoping to get closer to €50m.

“I have spoken to Sanchez and he told me that he was available to join us,” Mancini said to Sky Sport Italia.

“However, we then ended our interest. We pulled out of the race to sign the Chilean after our last offer was tabled.”

Mancini now claims City will look elsewhere, as well as confirming that Carlos Tevez would not be heading to Serie A.

“Tevez is a good player and I believe he is staying at City,” he added. “I have three attackers, but we do need another one.

“Could that be Napoli’s Ezequiel Lavezzi? I like him a lot, but I don’t believe he is worth his €30m release fee.”

The former Sampdoria forward was also asked about his future and a possible return to the peninsula.

“It’s too soon to come back,” he added. “Life is quite good in England. I don’t miss Italian football, I watch that on TV, I miss Italy.

“I spent four years at Inter and I did what I had to there. Milan? At this moment no, but who knows in the future?

“Was I close to Juventus? Never. There are a lot of meetings all of the time, but never anything concrete.”

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

Full story in english.

David De Gea set be signed, sealed and confirmed by Manchester United at 11am this morning. A five-year deal. HUGE gloves to fill!

Matt Fortune's Twitter (DMworldfootball)

Breaking news on Sky Sports News is that Manchester City have pulled out of the race to sign Alexis Sanchez. Suddenly Madrista has gone all quite.

Breaking news on Sky Sports News is that Manchester City have pulled out of the race to sign Alexis Sanchez. Suddenly Madrista has gone all quite.

We spoke about it last night.. He revealed that on Sport Italia.

It looks like he is going to Barca now. Strong rumour.

Wonder if Barca have outbit City and made a very strong push. Looks like it. Fabregas and Sanchez....and Barca are supposed to be broke.

It looks like he is going to Barca now. Strong rumour.

Wonder if Barca have outbit City and made a very strong push. Looks like it. Fabregas and Sanchez....and Barca are supposed to be broke.

I dont think Barca made bigger offer than you, I dont think City will pull out saying the place costs too much. Its just that Sanchez didn't want to join. He wanted to join Barca only.. How can City not able to match Barca's bid when they have unlimited funds..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back