• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really need to lighten up and know a joke when you see it

View attachment 180590

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm sure that was not meant to be funny. First it was Carroll and Heskey comparison, when few said Heskey was good player, you came up with Bramble. I don't see the joke there, all i see is ignorance..

If it was really meant to be joke, then I take back my words..

Tbh your opinion is pretty flawed, considering that heskey wasnt that bad, and the Carroll is a more complete player
It's not really flawed considering i said hes a heskey v2, at no point did i say either were bad

I'm sure that was not meant to be funny. First it was Carroll and Heskey comparison, when few said Heskey was good player, you came up with Bramble. I don't see the joke there, all i see is ignorance..

If it was really meant to be joke, then I take back my words..

It was meant as a joke, yes. I originally said Heskey, because he was the first player that came to my mind, and tbh he's not that good anymore. You then became angry about the mentioning of Heskey, even though it was only to prove a point.

It's not really flawed considering i said hes a heskey v2, at no point did i say either were bad

it is when his play isnt the same as heskey. Carroll is more complete and much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Heskey, doesnt always play with his back to goal like heskey, in fact they dont play the same way

Not forgetting that Carroll is what, 10-11 years younger than Heskey

it is when his play isnt the same as heskey. Carroll is more complete and much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Heskey, doesnt always play with his back to goal like heskey, in fact they dont play the same way
While most of that is correct, they are both strong, powerful with not much pace or finesse and are mainly in the team because of their size to help their partner or play on their own - Referring to the little and large relationship in football.

Both donkeys either way

It was meant as a joke, yes. I originally said Heskey, because he was the first player that came to my mind, and tbh he's not that good anymore. You then became angry about the mentioning of Heskey, even though it was only to prove a point.

Angry? Not at all. Just that taking out Heskey's name often of Heskey joke is tiresome..

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I read somewhere that Neymar is earning 6 Million Euros per year at Santos.. If true, then the next club will be paying him over the odds for both fee and wages...

While most of that is correct, they are both strong, powerful with not much pace or finesse and are mainly in the team because of their size to help their partner or play on their own - Referring to the little and large relationship in football.

Both donkeys either way

except that clearly isnt the case, as Carroll is used as an attacking spearhead to score goals, and actually is fairly skillful on the ball

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

You'll have to fill me, because i dont understand any of that

Developments on Lukaku to bring you gents in the past 6 hours:
Anderlecht chairman Roger Vanden Stock accepts Romelu Lukaku will eventually be sold to Chelsea. Lukaku wants to move to Chelsea and Vanden Stock says they won't block his wishes; "The player himself said that it is Chelsea, so Chelsea it will be," said Vanden Stock.
"They want Lukaku, but for the lowest possible price, so we'll see. We are not worried. If they do not meet our price, we are happy to keep him here for another season."
This story has gone quiet but I get the sense from all parties that there is an air of inevitability about it and personally I can't see Chelsea paying 30 million for Falcao when I'm 90 pct sure AVB will play a 4-3-3 and Falcao is not really a 30 million pound wideman to Torres (He could definitely have the finesse but wouldn't be worth the 30 million to play him out of position however he could adopt a Porto like tactic and have the front three move and swap positions throughout games. Lukaku makes alot of sense even if Didier stays he will have 3 top top forwards to chose from and can develop Lukaku so in that regard its a perfect move to re energise that dressing room.
And please Roman listen to what I have been saying for 3 years now...YOU NEED TO BUY A RW, KALOU IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Wish they kept Robben he would be amazing for them, the sad thing is I'm hearing nothing in regards to Chelsea and wingers the only links are with LB's, Van Der Wiel, Sissoko and a few other midfielders/Lukaku.

Pablo Piatti: Blackburn/Wigan were chasing him after Almeria got relegated but I understand Benfica's bid of 6.2 million pounds has been accepted by the club so he is on his way seemingly.

Axel Witsel: 7 Million pounds move to Blackburn is close to completion the players agent is discussing personal terms after the 2 clubs agreed the fee. (Forgot to say, with interest from Lazio and a few other clubs in Europe who haven't yet approached Witsel I think the kid might hold off on agreeing a deal for a week or two to weigh up his options)

Just found this on the wire within the past hour,
Not sure if anyone has confirmed this story yet but Clichy has pretty much officially gone (This is implied in other papers as well), according to the DM writers in this article within the past few hours Clichy completed a 7 million switch on a 4 year deal.

I know its the DM but they wouldn't print hes completed his move unless it was true....Surely not lol.

Probably get news from ''Sky sources'' at some point tomorrow but from all the stuff I've seen I'm 99 pct certain Clichy has gone to City.
Nasri Bit I Am Not Sure About

Last edited:
Jimmer, who are you? I have seen you using "I understood" "I was told". Are you journalist or what? Not **** take, genuine question. I wanted to ask this long back but as you said you were busy..

And there is no updates in Diego to United too..

Jimmer, who are you? I have seen you using "I understood" "I was told". Are you journalist or what? Not **** take, genuine question. I wanted to ask this long back but as you said you were busy..

And there is no updates in Diego to United too..

Yeah buddy I just finished my intense coursework I was working on for the past 3 months yesterday which is why I have been posting like once a day fella, basically I'm studying for a journalism degree mainly in the sports side and I do hold a UEFA C License coaching badge (Lowest level non professional coaching badge) And hopefully study for my main B license later this year to get into coaching alot more than what I do, just trying to give you some background on my current situation I'm not some nutjob in a reliant robin chasing footballers around with my pen and paper.
I have posted a few of my sources out there like above with the Gazetta and their south american roundup, I just read and study the news wires that I have in my favourites that I know are well connected (Non tabloids), and it's mainly foreign press which I need to translate the pages for etc.

Thats where most of my understanding comes from, also from club statements and 2nd hand source's as well as other things. All I try to do is cut through the **** that people report/read and report what I understand to be the case. I have been right on every timescaled piece I've reported on, I reported yesterday/Tuesday I think that De Gea would be announced within 36 hours and he was announced officially 12 hours later erm I try not to force stuff on people but I put out what I know, people read, they can judge, they can have an opinion but when/if it goes through it has no effect on my life I just like reporting what I know. Truth be told I like the investigative nature of finding and reporting truth/club statements that normally don't get past the local news agency.

Thanks for asking anyway buddy,
If people ask questions about what I say I will answer about how I know it to be the case, well 99 pct of the time when I get asked lol, to fact check my club statements I quote etc just google and it should hopefully validate what I'm saying.

Hopefully I answered your question anyway fella,

And on Diego: I'm not following him around England seeing where he's going erm I do get some second hand info normally about the situation etc through various ways but I'm not doing the reporting on it, here is what I know on Diego Ribas at this minute:

In the international wilderness he is nowhere near the Copa America squad.
Wolfsburg have practically fired him (I Think he's been put on the German equivalent of gardening leave and got fined like 200 thousand pounds for his behaviour last season.
He is 100 pct in England right now and has been for 5 days with his agent, Man United did make contact with Wolfsburg and his agent
Aston Villa are interested in him but I doubt he will end up there but it's not impossible
His agent was in a North West hotel for 3 days this week (Diego is in London I think), (60 pct sure) puzzling thing is I have no idea who else is in for him but I do know United are, he could end up at City/Blackburn/Timbuktoo but at this minute I 'understand' the United move is a real genuine possibility.

I haven't heard anything on this really for 3 days so I have nothing to report mate, sorry about that but like I said I'm not following him around with a camera and a notebook lol I have no means of getting direct information unless I drive down to London and stalk him...oO)

Last edited:
except that clearly isnt the case, as Carroll is used as an attacking spearhead to score goals, and actually is fairly skillful on the ball

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

You'll have to fill me, because i dont understand any of that

I don't understand much of it either, but I'm told it says his transfer is non-negotiable, and that he brings in a lot of money from merchandising etc. and that they want to keep him for years to come. I did use Google translate, but obviously it's not that accurate.

In the face of speculation followed about the future of our ace Neymar by national and international press, say that for Santos FC, Neymar is non-negotiable for technical, marketing and affective.

Technically, it is the best Brazilian player in action. Was decisive in winning four titles with Santos in the last 18 months, plus the Pre-Olympic Tournament for the Brazilian team at the beginning of the year. It is the greatest idol of selection acting on the main national football country, a fact that was not repeated for many years.

Merchandising, Neymar a media phenomenon is recognized around the world. His talent for producing brilliant play on the field is proportional to his charisma, which has been used as a communication vehicle for a number of significant brands.

Affectionately, Neymar is loved by Santos Santos FC and the fans by not only playing, but, above all, so it is as a human being. Their expressions of affection followed by the Club reinforce this umbilical connection. And this love is shared by many millions of Brazilians who admire the passion of independent after-work clubbers.

Highlights the reasons, said the Santos FC will continue adopting an attitude of respect that we seek to clubs interested in hiring the athlete and repudiation of any guild to try the opposite way, distancing themselves from an ethical line and reasonable.

Regardless, the response of Santos FC is still not for any survey or proposed transfer of federal rights. And so Neymar return to Santos - probably more a title in the bag - we will talk about the efforts that our Club will continue to do to keep you here, happy and loved for many years.

Meanwhile, the focus of the athlete is totally focused on the Brazilian team that plays the Copa America and FC Santos respect this fact in the national interest.

Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro

Maybe a Portuguese speaker could translate it better?

Merchandising point: Talking basically about how much of a star/brand he has become, the reason Santos can keep him there on such high wages is because he is under contract with multiple sponsors equal to millions of pounds a year all together (Every time you see him hes in front of some form of hoarding). That's Santos' strategy to keep him is to make it legally hard to leave (Sponsors wont just let him leave to Europe where they can't market him as well since European clubs/sponsors will not allow it), also the kid did get someone pregnant so that's another reason to stay in Brazil.
Technically: Talking up his natural ability and attributes, both to Santos and the national team trying to say he is invaluable and has no price etc (Despite the apparent 40 mill release clause Ribeiro came out and said existed not 5 days ago...Hmmmm)

Santos: Neymars agent came out a few hours ago and said he wont be going to RM (His mind changes like a sugerbabe), they're now talking about European clubs conduct and saying if they want him they have to go through the right channels no intermediaries in the form of agents (Kia Joorabchian, probable misspell) for example, there was a heck of alot of reports that Manchester City have sent Kia to Santos to negotiate the deal for him but I can't verify that but hes an example of the dealbroker agent who is attached to clubs/highest bidder for his services.

Santos are basically saying he will not be leaving he means too much for them and is to valuable, along with the sponsorship deals etc Neymar is worth alot more than 40 million euros to that club. What I personally don't understand is IF there is a release clause in his contract then this statement is unnecessary because they have no power stopping clubs signing him but I think this is just bravado by Santos following Neymars agent ruling out a European move this summer earlier today (Which got no headlines it just quietened the early story that he was set for RM).

That's how I interpret that statement anyway I could be wrong

Heres Eurosport reporting the Wagner statement 12 hours ago:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30062011/58/la-liga-summer-move-star-neymar.html

I would presume the Santos presidents statement came after?

Last edited:
I took an edumacated go at solving it.

In the face of speculation about the future of our ace Neymar by national and international press, for Santos FC Neymar's price is non-negotiable for technical, marketing and affectionate reasons.

Technically, he is the best Brazilian player in action. He was decisive in winning four titles with Santos in the last 18 months, plus the Pre-Olympic Tournament for the Brazilian team at the beginning of the year. It is the greatest idol of selection acting on the main national football country, a fact that was not repeated for many years.

In terms of merchandising, Neymar is a media phenomenon, recognized around the world. His talent for producing brilliant play on the field is proportional to his charisma, which has been used as a communication vehicle for a number of significant brands.

Affectionately, Neymar is loved by Santos FC and the fans by not only playing, but, above all, his acts as a human being. Their expressions of affection reinforce this umbilical connection. And this love is shared by many millions of Brazilians who admire the passion of independent after-work clubbers.

Highlights the reasons, said the Santos FC will continue adopting an attitude of respect that we seek to clubs interested in hiring the athlete and repudiation of any guild to try the opposite way, distancing themselves from an ethical line and reasonable.

Regardless, the response of Santos FC is still not for any survey or proposed transfer of federal rights. And so when Neymar returns to Santos - with probably more a title in the bag - we will talk about the efforts that our Club will continue to do to keep you here, happy and loved for many years.

Meanwhile, the focus of the athlete is totally focused on the Brazilian team that plays the Copa America and FC Santos respect this fact in the national interest.

Red bits are bits I don't understand. Think it's basically Ribeiro saying that he wants Neymar to stay unless the offer is ricockulous.

I took an edumacated go at solving it.

Red bits are bits I don't understand. Think it's basically Ribeiro saying that he wants Neymar to stay unless the offer is ricockulous.

Well, when it's Chelsea and Madrid bidding for him you can guarantee it's going to be ricockulous. They don't know any other way. :)

Merchandising point: Talking basically about how much of a star/brand he has become, the reason Santos can keep him there on such high wages is because he is under contract with multiple sponsors equal to millions of pounds a year all together (Every time you see him hes in front of some form of hoarding). That's Santos' strategy to keep him is to make it legally hard to leave (Sponsors wont just let him leave to Europe where they can't market him as well since European clubs/sponsors will not allow it), also the kid did get someone pregnant so that's another reason to stay in Brazil.
Technically: Talking up his natural ability and attributes, both to Santos and the national team trying to say he is invaluable and has no price etc (Despite the apparent 40 mill release clause Ribeiro came out and said existed not 5 days ago...Hmmmm)

Santos: Neymars agent came out a few hours ago and said he wont be going to RM (His mind changes like a sugerbabe), they're now talking about European clubs conduct and saying if they want him they have to go through the right channels no intermediaries in the form of agents (Kia Joorabchian, probable misspell) for example, there was a heck of alot of reports that Manchester City have sent Kia to Santos to negotiate the deal for him but I can't verify that but hes an example of the dealbroker agent who is attached to clubs/highest bidder for his services.

Santos are basically saying he will not be leaving he means too much for them and is to valuable, along with the sponsorship deals etc Neymar is worth alot more than 40 million euros to that club. What I personally don't understand is IF there is a release clause in his contract then this statement is unnecessary because they have no power stopping clubs signing him but I think this is just bravado by Santos following Neymars agent ruling out a European move this summer earlier today (Which got no headlines it just quietened the early story that he was set for RM).

That's how I interpret that statement anyway I could be wrong

Heres Eurosport reporting the Wagner statement 12 hours ago:
La Liga - No summer move for star Neymar - Yahoo! Eurosport

I would presume the Santos presidents statement came after?

Yeah I'm positive he has a release clause, which is why Santos' statement makes no sense. And yeah Neymar is worth a lot more than 40 mil to them and remember he's owned by a third-party too.

This window is getting madder I mean 5 clubs including apparently City and Chelsea are in for 40 million for Neymar?

Milan are signing Ganso for 15 million pounds, and Neymar's going for 40 million pounds?
Something's not right and I hope those clubs bidding for Neymar who could live without him should look at Ganso, goal scoring midfielder who is a Brazil regular 20 years old, mature head, tall and creative, any United,Chelsea or Arsenal fan should be screaming for their clubs to get him because in my bid for sanity he is not a 25 million pound worse player than Neymar and is desperately needed by some of these clubs. At his age he is better than what Kaka was at his age before he moved in my opinion and they should be fighting tooth and nail to steal him at 15 million, Neymar is a brilliant prospect no doubt but the baggage that he would bring with him and his volatility makes it a huge gamble to pay 40 million pounds for him. Ronaldinho, Adriano and Robinho when they were teenagers were hugely touted in Brazil/Europe but when they can over as teenagers they struggled to fulfill all of their potential which is why I would 100 pct undoubtedly rather have Ganso>Neymar at those prices.

Sneijder for 30+ million, Nasri for 20, Moutinho for 25+ surely some club in Europe (Premier League) will wake up from the madness and realise that Paulo Henrique is being literally stolen away cheaply by AC Milan and they are missing out on a top player. It infuriates me because I know what will happen 5-6 years down the line when hes one of the best players in Europe at Milan and everyone will want him for 60-70 million just like Kaka. If people like Wenger would wake up and realise, 40 million for Cesc, 15 million for Ganso....Deal rather than stall/dither and lose out which happens so often. And critics would say United acted quick in stealing Bebe...He isn't a regular for Brazil and has not shown his talent as much as Ganso has, the main weakness of the Premier League is showing once again. Clubs get tunnel vision on set players like Gervinho/Sneijder etc and take their eyes off South America and watch all the prospects get stolen away.

''Do Chelsea need Neymar?''
''Not for 40 million when Lukaku will be available for 10 million or less''

''Do Chelsea need Ganso?''
''Yes. Lampards not getting younger and they definitely need creativity in the midfield''

''Do Man United need Nasri?''
''They need a creative midfielder but Arsenal will overprice him to them if they ever would sell so no''

''Do Man United need Paulo Henrique?''
''Yes, yes a thousand times yes. Tailor made to solve their problems not just short term (Sneijder) But long term''

''Do Arsenal need Ganso if they let Nasri and Fabregas go?''
''Fans will argue that Ramsey and Wilshere will now be free to step up...They 100 pct need him if the scenario happens''

On that solemn note I'm off to bed, I should say the Milan Ganso deal is in the pipeline I think but I hold hope someone will wake up, get some sense and buy him because in the current market 15 million is a steal and Premier League clubs need to wake up. People forget that Galliani released a statement after they won the league saying they were signing a South American player and they want Ganso very bad but the tunnel vision of clubs is ridiculous, Wickhams worth 10 raising to 13 or whatever it is but Ganso's not even worth an approach when he would clearly solve clubs problems?

To summarize: Annoyed.

Here it goes...

In the face of speculation about the future of our star Neymar by national and international press, I can affirm that, for Santos FC, Neymar is non-negotiable for technical, marketing and affectionate reasons.

Technically, he is the best Brazilian player in activity. He was decisive in winning four titles with Santos in the last 18 months, plus the Pre-Olympic Tournament for the Brazilian team at the beginning of the year. He is the greatest idol in the Brazilian National team, playing in Brazil, something that hadn't happened in a long time

In terms of merchandising, Neymar is a media phenomenon, recognized around the world. His talent for producing brilliant play on the field is proportional to his charisma, which has been used as a communication vehicle for a number of significant brands.

Affectionately, Neymar is loved by Santos FC and the fans not only for his playing skills, but, above all, for who he is as a human being. His expressions of affection towards this club reinforce this umbilical relationship (Hardly a common expression in English...). And this love is shared by many millions of Brazilians who admire him regardless of the club they support.

For these reasons, Santos FC will continue adopting a respectful attitude towards those clubs that contact us with the intention of hiring the player, while repudiating every institution (As in clubs) that tries to do the opposite (Contacting the player before the club, tapping him up, etc.), distancing themselves from reasonable, ethical procedures.

Regardless, the response of Santos FC is still no for any enquiries or proposed transfers. And so when Neymar returns to Santos - with probably another title in the bag (Clearly a reference to the Copa América - Not cool, brazilians, not cool!) - we will discuss the efforts that our Club will continue to do to keep him here, happy and loved for many years.

For the time being, the athlete is totally focused on the "Seleçao" (Brazilian NT) that plays the Copa America and Santos will respect this matter of national interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back