Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd are fighting for trophies, not fourth spot. The days off Man Utd vs Arsenal compeating for trophies are long gone.

Samir Nasri would be my first choice central midfielder to come in. Great little player with skill and pace and has an eye for goal, I think he'd link up well with both Wayne and Javier. Luka Modric wouldn't be a bad choice either but in my opinion, Samir is better. Might as well forget about Wesley Sneijder, would cost far to much money. Romours keep arising about Steven Defour. I haven't seen a lot off him in truth so can't really judge him.

Last season wasn't that long ago...

Last season wasn't that long ago...

Hardly the thread to be discussing last seasons matters but in my opinion, I was never once afraid of Arsenal winning the league. But of course if you wish to continue then please pm me.

Romours keep arising about Steven Defour. I haven't seen a lot off him in truth so can't really judge him.

He was a very good prospect, but his development stalled a bit, still a good player, but not what everyone thought he would be at this stage, but he still has time. He was meant to be close to joining Spartak Moscow, but I haven't heard much about that since a week ago and now they are close to signing Demy De Zeeuw, so maybe the Defour deal is off, although they are different players they do occupy the same position.

Man Utd are fighting for trophies, not fourth spot. The days off Man Utd vs Arsenal compeating for trophies are long gone.

Replace the word trophies with 'The League' and I'll agree, it was just last season we were in a Cup final though, therefore competing* for a trophy.

Short memory?

*Correction of typo.

Clichy will be a great signing by Mancini, one of the best left backs in the league and already proven. looking forward to seeing him play for City.

PSG have bid for Taarabt? Superb. We have a selling-on clause.

Clichy will be a great signing by Mancini, one of the best left backs in the league and already proven. looking forward to seeing him play for City.

Sorry, but I disagree with that one. Cole>Baines for me (and I'm not being biased being an Everton fan). Clichy is quite good getting forward as his gift is pace, but that is ALL he has. Baines on the other hand is tactically good both in offence with his crosses and has a better defensive gameset than Clichy. And Evra is also better imo. Though he did have a few "hiccups" in certain games

Last edited:
Whoah have to disagree with the argument that Clichy is only good going forward, he barely put a foot wrong defensively all season from what I saw his positioning/marking was very good. Plus he's more likely to win you trophies than Kolarov imo and at City he wont have mickey mouse CB's and keepers who have jelly for fingers so hopefully he can shine through. His only problems for me are his concentration level sometimes drops at key moments and he has been slightly injury prone throughout his career but for 7 million that's definitely a risk worth taking.

Liverpool interested in Juan Manuel Mata and Gael Clichy, although the latter is on the verge of joining Manchester City and the Anfield outfit have admitted defeat. I rate Mata and Clichy would be a good LB for us, better than our current ones but I'm afraid he is not coming to Anfield.

Arsenal are considering a shock move for Manchester United's John O'Shea.

The Gunners are shopping around for defensive cover as they are on the verge of selling Gael Clichy to Manchester City for £7million.

Bolton's Gary Cahill remains top of Arsenal's wish list, but it is not yet clear if Arsene Wenger will shell out £17m.

Versatile O'Shea, 30, was told this summer that he can leave United after 12 years.

The Republic of Ireland international is not interested in joining Sunderland, who expressed interest a fortnight ago and also want United's Darron Gibson.

But O'Shea has been made aware of Arsenal's interest and sources close to the player say he will consider a move to London.

O'Shea was initially going to be a makeweight in a Manchester United push to lure Arsenal ace Samir Nasri to Old Trafford.

But Manchester City last night joined the hunt for the Frenchman, although Arsenal do not want to lose him to a top-four rival.

But with Wenger cutting his loses on Clichy who only had a year left on his contract, the path is still clear for an approach for O'Shea.

:O

Arsenal are considering a shock move for Manchester United's John O'Shea.

The Gunners are shopping around for defensive cover as they are on the verge of selling Gael Clichy to Manchester City for £7million.

Bolton's Gary Cahill remains top of Arsenal's wish list, but it is not yet clear if Arsene Wenger will shell out £17m.

Versatile O'Shea, 30, was told this summer that he can leave United after 12 years.

The Republic of Ireland international is not interested in joining Sunderland, who expressed interest a fortnight ago and also want United's Darron Gibson.

But O'Shea has been made aware of Arsenal's interest and sources close to the player say he will consider a move to London.

O'Shea was initially going to be a makeweight in a Manchester United push to lure Arsenal ace Samir Nasri to Old Trafford.

But Manchester City last night joined the hunt for the Frenchman, although Arsenal do not want to lose him to a top-four rival.

But with Wenger cutting his loses on Clichy who only had a year left on his contract, the path is still clear for an approach for O'Shea.

:O

You give us Samir Nasri and we'll give you John O'Shea in a straight swap, no money involved. Sound's like a fair deal to me ;)

Liverpool interested in Juan Manuel Mata and Gael Clichy, although the latter is on the verge of joining Manchester City and the Anfield outfit have admitted defeat. I rate Mata and Clichy would be a good LB for us, better than our current ones but I'm afraid he is not coming to Anfield.

tbh both of them wont be joining Pool this year according to me... Mata wants to further his career and play for a team in the CL and Pool most probably wont be in the top 4 next season.. well on paper atleast, problem is that as soon as either one of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City join the hunt for Mata which can happen then Pool will have little to no chance of signing him

tbh both of them wont be joining Pool this year according to me... Mata wants to further his career and play for a team in the CL and Pool most probably wont be in the top 4 next season.. well on paper atleast, problem is that as soon as either one of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City join the hunt for Mata which can happen then Pool will have little to no chance of signing him

You forgot the fact that appearantly every football player is a fan of Liverpool. Especially when they were children, boy did they love Liverpool.

but according to my sources, mata is a liverpool fan...

+
scott dann and gary cahill on chelsea radar because david luiz is linked with barcelona and real madrid.
Villas-Boas eyes defender deal | Chelsea News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

**** you mads... =[

Last edited:
There's no way they'll let Luiz leave, unless they get £30M+.

but according to my sources, mata is a liverpool fan...

+
scott dann and gary cahill on chelsea radar because david luiz is linked with barcelona and real madrid.
Villas-Boas eyes defender deal | Chelsea News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Jamie Carragher is an Everton Fan, Rooney is a Everton Fan, Messi's boyhood club was Newell's Old Boys ... do all of them stay at the club they support or do they move to further their careers because apparently everyone who Pool have been linked with is a Pool fan when he was young

Btw Luiz is linked with RM and Barca but I doubt we will let him go, if we do we will not let him go for anything under 30m and Barca are looking at other targets and RM already have a well-established CB partnership and are also probably looking at other targets such as Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back