Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
No news on 'Ribas' but I am pretty certain that he will be in the Premier League next season and I can definitely see Fergie signing the kid because he has admired him since his days at Santos with Alex/Robinho in the great team of the early 2000's and tried to sign him before Porto got him but thought 6 million was a little steep (I think it was the year United bought rooney for like 30 so money was a little tight) and obviously his career has completely stalled for 2 years partly due to being played out of position but his own temperament is very volatile. In Brazil he is a celebrity and I believe he's got too caught up in that, at Wolfsburg last season for the few games he played he took EVERYTHING, corners, FK's, Penalties and even had an argument on camera with Felix Magath after being substituted.

Little news on Man United is they are looking at Rosenborg CM Markus Henriksen after he was recommended by Ole to the scouting team 18 months ago they have been looking at him since then and I doubt he will move in January so if they will ever sign him I would presume it would be this summer so that's one to keep an eye on.

Personally I think he needs a new DM as well since Anderson is developing more into a CM than a DM but I'm not hearing many names linked with United except young Petrovic at Partizan Belgrade but he would probably cost like 8-9 million pounds to get him. I am surprised he hasn't approached players like M'Villa, Sissoko, Vidal, Inler, Isla etc. A Spanish tabloid of Castillan (Madrid) favouring has reported that Javi Martinez is available for a knock down price of 11-12 million from last summers reported 20 and Real Madrid, Athletico and Manchester United were mentioned in the piece as suitors for his signature.

Managed to go the entire piece without mentioning Diego...Oh **** :O

You live becuase of the Martinez mention, that is a ridiculous price if true. Way too cheap

Re: the players you mentioned, only Vidal both controls the midfield and drives into space. thats the kind of player he is looking for, and even vidal doesnt do it too often

He is good BUT any player that goes missing for the 2nd half of the season (Argue that it was because he went wide) shouldn't really get this much attention. Still a good player but for me he would be worth 20 million if he did it again next season, biggest news on that page for me was at the bottom where the Guardian said Chelsea were close to selling Jack Cork to Southampton :O Really rate the kid, hes small, agile and creative as well as English so surely he is what people are arguing to see more of...Think he can be a top player.

He is good BUT any player that goes missing for the 2nd half of the season (Argue that it was because he went wide) shouldn't really get this much attention.

Nasri started wide. He only played about 4 games in the middle all season IIRC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa to bid £5m for Scott Parker | Mail Online

Aston Villa are set to launch a £5million bid for West Ham midfielder Scott Parker.
Manager Alex McLeish is making the bold move after Tottenham wavered.
Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be reluctant to offer wages of around £70,000-a-week for the 30-year-old.

However, Villa are exploring ways of presenting the Londoner with a suitable package.
West Ham want at least £7m for Parker, after accepting a £10m offer from Turkish club Fenerbahce only for the England midfielder to reject the move, but Villa hope to negotiate.
McLeish is inching closer to a deal for Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given and has also earmarked Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia as a potential replacement for Ashley Young.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

You live becuase of the Martinez mention, that is a ridiculous price if true. Way too cheap

Re: the players you mentioned, only Vidal both controls the midfield and drives into space. thats the kind of player he is looking for, and even vidal doesnt do it too often

Well that ain't true. Inler and Isla are much more attack-minded than Vidal, and Sissoko's no slouch at getting forward either. Only M'Vila (who, again, can play in a more advanced role if necessary) is a 'pure' defensive midfielder out of those lot.

Last edited:
Can't really respond to that God Cubed but I'm pretty sure when Cesc was injured pre new year Nasri was played centrally (Like in that display vs Fulham where he tore them to shreds), and all I was saying was that for whatever reason since the New Year he hasn't been the same.

And I don't want to talk for Mike but I don't think he entirely meant the Sissoko/Isla type of bombing forward because they don't control the midfield like a Essien/Vidal/Cambiasso do. 'Drive into space' I would guess is Vidal is very good technically and doesn't get too far forward but can forward into the midfield gap spaces and play some passes.

Anyway reason I'm posting, just some developments from Italy on a few deals that I'll try to round up and pitch the articles they're from with the quotes etc.

Hamsik To Milan Looks Unlikely

Hamsik Interview

De Laurentiis has basically stated that there is no way Napoli will sell Hamsik for 40 million, reason this is a saga in Italy is because the player has came out and publicly stated his intentions and the fact that he wants the AC Milan move very badly. Not all bad for Napoli they're in the nitty gritty personal terms end of a deal with Gokhan Inler from Udinese in a deal worth reportedly 17.5 million Euro's (Sounds to me like they just blasted the Juve 9 million deal from a month or so back out of the water).

And reported late last night in Italy (Pre wonder goal by Kun), Juventus' owner is apparently flying to Madrid to attend a meeting arranged on Tuesday with the entire Athletico board. Sense from Italy is they are anxious that come July 6th+ if they don't tie Aguero up then it will be too late and Chelsea will come in...Copa America is helping AVB alot if he is trying to sign South Americans.

Info on Inter moving for a Brazilian who has an Italian passport (Well his wife does...), apparently he claims to be the new Maicon and is experienced enough at Santos at age 25...

The New Maicon Apparently

Sporting CP have been very busy this summer,
Andre Carrillo- 2 million pounds
Boeck- Undisc
Van Wolfswinkel-4 million pounds
ATILA TURAN- Free Transfer (Gobsmacked me when that came through yesterday)
Onyewu-Free Transfer

Plus they are being heavily linked with Bendtner and Morten Gamst Pedersen...Sounds like an overhaul's happening.

Ricky Alvarez update

They're basically just quoting a tweet from Alvarez's agency (Agents having twitter accounts...Whatever happened to good old fashioned phone tapping), another quote directly from Alvarez is reporting that he would prefer Arsenal as it's his 'dream'.

Alvarez statement via Twitter

Pretty much a plea for Arsenal to sign him, Italian press are not happy at that believe me they've claiming hes being cohersed because in their words ''Inter are a bigger club in a bigger league'' I think on both pages there is links to their twitter accounts and if your interested enough to follow then translate their tweets its normally a good source lol.

Got a line from the Associated Press regarding Juventus:
Juventus have signed Swiss international Stephan Lichtsteiner. The right-back comes from the Italian league rivals Lazio and signed for the Turin football club on a contract for four years. Lichtenstein's transfer fee for the move is ten million euros.
Not a bad signing.

No doubt I'll have more European transfers to bring I'm just digging through now.

Transfers from Europe today:

Alou Diarra is poised to hold a medical at Marseille within the next 24 hours ahead of a 5 million Euro's move.

Landry N'Guemo is set to sign a 5 year contract today with Girondins Bordeaux in a move from Turkish club Bursaspor.

Nuno Gomes signs a 2 year deal with Braga after his Benfica contract expired.

PSV have splashed the cash on 2 Utrecht midfielders, Dries Mertens and Kevin Strootman in a deal worth 13.7 million euros combined. (Should be unveiled today ahead of pre season)

Scott Carson has officially completed his move to Turkey.

Last edited:
Why do Inter need another left-back.. what's going on with Davide Santon? Last i heard of him was he had potential to be world class?

Javi Martinez for 11-12m is a steal! I haven't seen a player look so comfortable on the ball as him during the U21 Championships, he was controlling the tempo and play of the game for Spain.

Interesting line coming out of France as L'Equipe claim Samir Nasri has rejected Arsenal's contract offer. Manchester United appear to be in pole position.

Sky sports.

Its quite fun to watch the way Juventus are scrambling to tie up the Aguero deal before we come in... I am pretty sure Aguero will wait till the end of Copa America' before signing anything as we look set to miss out on Neymar and the next logical option is Aguero who wont be sold to Real Madrid in any case, Barcelona have not been linked heavily with him... so it will be a race between us and Man City and maybe Juventus but since both Man City and us are in the CL, it will be more of a race between us for his signature

Its quite fun to watch the way Juventus are scrambling to tie up the Aguero deal before we come in... I am pretty sure Aguero will wait till the end of Copa America' before signing anything as we look set to miss out on Neymar and the next logical option is Aguero who wont be sold to Real Madrid in any case, Barcelona have not been linked heavily with him... so it will be a race between us and Man City and maybe Juventus but since both Man City and us are in the CL, it will be more of a race between us for his signature

Assuming Chelsea and City are interested in him.

Assuming Chelsea and City are interested in him.

aye but I think we are, the Neymar deal looks out of our reach now that RM and supposedly Barca are interested so a natural target will be Aguero and recent reports have said that Chelsea's interest in him has not died, not sure of Man City

If Madrid match the clause and offer him enough money, he won't turn it down.

Are you talking about Neymar or Aguero?

Neymar would accpet and Aguero would accept too but At Madrid will never agree to selling him and even he has said that he wont join RM

Are you talking about Neymar or Aguero?

Neymar would accpet and Aguero would accept too but At Madrid will never agree to selling him and even he has said that he wont join RM

If Real meet his buyout clause, Atletico will have no say in it.

But they wont. They have gentlemen agreement not to do so.. They may spend **** loads of money but Perez and co wont **** off selling club. They do business in very respectable fashion..

If Madrid want a player they're not going to let a "gentlemen agreement" stand in the way.

Report: Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has confirmed the club is in talks to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips from Manchester City.

Report: Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has confirmed the club is in talks to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips from Manchester City.

would be a good signing for them, he was a very good player but sadly got squeezed by the stars in the Man City squad.. is this an indication that Charlez N Zogbia looks set to head to Villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back