Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are considering a shock move for Manchester United's John O'Shea.

The Gunners are shopping around for defensive cover as they are on the verge of selling Gael Clichy to Manchester City for £7million.

Bolton's Gary Cahill remains top of Arsenal's wish list, but it is not yet clear if Arsene Wenger will shell out £17m.

Versatile O'Shea, 30, was told this summer that he can leave United after 12 years.

The Republic of Ireland international is not interested in joining Sunderland, who expressed interest a fortnight ago and also want United's Darron Gibson.

But O'Shea has been made aware of Arsenal's interest and sources close to the player say he will consider a move to London.

O'Shea was initially going to be a makeweight in a Manchester United push to lure Arsenal ace Samir Nasri to Old Trafford.

But Manchester City last night joined the hunt for the Frenchman, although Arsenal do not want to lose him to a top-four rival.

But with Wenger cutting his loses on Clichy who only had a year left on his contract, the path is still clear for an approach for O'Shea.

:O

Ugh, pass.

I'm 99.9 pct sure Juan Mata is a Real Madrid fan.

He's certainly a fan of the Champions League that's for sure and Valencia>Liverpool is a bit of a step down in all honesty if you look purely at next season. Valencia have actually strengthened this summer bringing in Diego Alves and Parejo from Getafe for big money so they are sort of in the same predicament as Liverpool so I doubt he will want to make that move. Maybe in a year if Liverpool break the top four, which is only if Arsene Wenger completely loses the plot which is unlikely so I can't see them breaking it whereas Valencia have a chance of remaking the top 4 in La Liga since Atletico are dwindling, Sevilla are still crying over last season and Vilareal will probably do a rebuild job this summer.

Any Liverpool fan that says they will knock Arsenal out of the top 4 next season will say that now but come the end of august I would be pretty certain Wenger would have signed some key players and it will be looking like a tougher job to do.

David Luiz leaving Chelsea 6 months into his career...And to Barce/Madrid? I think the people bidding for him must be forgetting Chelsea aren't some less superior club like Udinese so I doubt that's happening anytime soon plus I hear Luiz is a Liverpool fan anyway...

lol I found Liverpool fans source

The source is a few months old but reading back a few stories it's clear the websites ran by Pool fans, they said that David Silva betrayed Liverpool by joining City and that Hodgson made a 30 million bid for Silva last summer...lol was that between the free transfer of Cole and the purchase of Poulsen?

Last edited:
Why does he always reject my contracts then in FM (i am madrid manager :( )

lol it will be the whole 'doesn't want to rejoin his former club or some bs'
He was at Real Madrid until around 3 years ago when Valencia signed him from RM Castilla, if you throw in a Liverpool shirt with that contract you might get him...

Rangers have tied down. Andy Little, Old Man and Healy on new deals. Do Rangers fans still think Whyte has money?

I'm 99.9 pct sure Juan Mata is a Real Madrid fan.

He's certainly a fan of the Champions League that's for sure and Valencia>Liverpool is a bit of a step down in all honesty if you look purely at next season. Valencia have actually strengthened this summer bringing in Diego Alves and Parejo from Getafe for big money so they are sort of in the same predicament as Liverpool so I doubt he will want to make that move. Maybe in a year if Liverpool break the top four, which is only if Arsene Wenger completely loses the plot which is unlikely so I can't see them breaking it whereas Valencia have a chance of remaking the top 4 in La Liga since Atletico are dwindling, Sevilla are still crying over last season and Vilareal will probably do a rebuild job this summer.

Any Liverpool fan that says they will knock Arsenal out of the top 4 next season will say that now but come the end of august I would be pretty certain Wenger would have signed some key players and it will be looking like a tougher job to do.

David Luiz leaving Chelsea 6 months into his career...And to Barce/Madrid? I think the people bidding for him must be forgetting Chelsea aren't some less superior club like Udinese so I doubt that's happening anytime soon plus I hear Luiz is a Liverpool fan anyway...

lol I found Liverpool fans source

The source is a few months old but reading back a few stories it's clear the websites ran by Pool fans, they said that David Silva betrayed Liverpool by joining City and that Hodgson made a 30 million bid for Silva last summer...lol was that between the free transfer of Cole and the purchase of Poulsen?

Add the fact that we have a good chance of winning every trophy we compete for and we are not short of cash lol

Tying down players =/= lack of money.

The players they would give contracts to if they had money.
Davis
McGregor
Jelivic
They players they should punt if they had money.
Little
Healy
Bettie
Weir

The players they would give contracts to if they had money.
Davis
McGregor
Jelivic
They players they should punt if they had money.
Little
Healy
Bettie
Weir

based on your opinion + they may still be trying to tie down the others. Rangers also need them on rotation as they have a lack of squad depth. they will need to retain players as well as adding to them

based on your opinion + they may still be trying to tie down the others. Rangers also need them on rotation as they have a lack of squad depth. they will need to retain players as well as adding to them

And most Rangers fans opinion, Rangers Media is in melt down because Little got a new deal and most are hoping that Weir is signed as a back up.
They are also failing add to players, they have been rejected by at least 4 payers that McCiost has openly said he want and thinks it is a done deal.

And most Rangers fans opinion, Rangers Media is in melt down because Little got a new deal and most are hoping that Weir is signed as a back up.
They are also failing add to players, they have been rejected by at least 4 payers that McCiost has openly said he want and thinks it is a done deal.

Bolded bit i already mentioned about depth and rotation

you do realise its only july right? still plenty of time to add players. being rejected again does not mean a lack of money, perhaps if you weren't so quick to stick to rangers all the time, you'd see.

He is at least 40, 41 I think.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Bolded bit i already mentioned about depth and rotation

you do realise its only july right? still plenty of time to add players. being rejected again does not mean a lack of money, perhaps if you weren't so quick to stick to rangers all the time, you'd see.
They have said they want Goodwillie, Dundee say they will take 2million, Rangers back off. Other clubs see 2million as good value and are now interested.
They say they want Tomer Hemed, basically say it is a done deal on the official website. He rejects them and Champions League football for Mallorca.
They want Conway, declare interest but he goes to Cardiff instead.

He is at least 40, 41 I think.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

They have said they want Goodwillie, Dundee say they will take 2million, Rangers back off. Other clubs see 2million as good value and are now interested.
They say they want Tomer Hemed, basically say it is a done deal on the official website. He rejects them and Champions League football for Mallorca.
They want Conway, declare interest but he goes to Cardiff instead.

again where does that mean lack of money? and still july.

Newsflash, clubs miss out on targets all the time, doesnt mean they are broke.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Football transfer rumours: Gael Etock and Javier Pastore to Chelsea?
Today's rumours are big boned

Football transfer rumours: Gael Etock and Javier Pastore to Chelsea? | Football | guardian.co.uk

As avid readers of this column will have noticed from the fact that it makes the same joke about John O'Shea being big boned every day, the Mill doesn't like change. So the prospect of Cesc Fábregas actually moving to Barcelona fills us with dread. What's the Mill to do without its staple rumour? Leave the office? Make some phone calls? Do some research?

Luckily, Chelsea are here to save the day. Yep, according to the Mirror they've signed Barcelona's 17-year-old striker Gael Etock from the Catalans' finishing school – the Mill imagines this is a place in the Swiss Alps where you learn how to pass dead good and develop a massive sense of self-satisfaction – which means we can all look forward to "Etock: I want to return to Barça" rumours for the next seven years.

Chelsea aren't finished there, though. They're after the greatest playmaker this side of Sir Trevor Nunn, Javier Pastore. Here's Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini, who is in no way trying to push up Pastore's price. "Pastore is a phenomenal player and there are three or four clubs interested in him," Zamparini said. "I am a businessman and I will not lose my cool, but it is clear that clubs who want Pastore must have the economic power to submit a proposal. Chelsea are one of the clubs concerned."

Arsène Wenger is planning what to do with the cash he generates from proposed deals for Fábregas, Gaël Clichy and Samir Nasri and the Sun reckons they've all but signed Gervinho from Lille. He's also said to be after Anderlecht's 11-year-old striker Romelu Lukaku for £18m and, wait for it, Manchester United's big-boned utility man John O'Shea. An unproven striker and John O'Shea, that will appease the angry focaccia-munching hordes in north London then.

Wenger should sign someone good, like Charles N'Zogbia. But Alex McLeish – who's probably quite happy he's not at Birmingham City right now – has already thought of that one and hopes to wrap up a £9m deal in the next 114 hours.

Spurs have got strikers on the brain like they were a radical teachers' union. Or just a normal teachers' union. Anyway, they'll sell Robbie Keane and Roman Pavlyuchenko and, using that cash and a little bit of charm, they'll snap up Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente for £20m. If that bid fails they'll go for Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi, the man with the most Italian name in football.

Staying in the striking world, Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland and QPR are all in the frame to buy DJ Campbell from Blackpool. The Seasiders are also offering a Charlie Adam for £9m if you're interested.

West Brom are looking to fill a Scott Carson-shaped hole – think of a large hole sucking tame shots into a net – by signing Tomasz Kuszczak from Manchester United for £2.5m. Fulham don't really have that many holes but that won't stop them buying Leeds winger Max Gradel.

Leicester are about to sign former footballer Jonathan Woodgate. Then they'll sign Craig Mackail-Smith for £3m. Oh and Lazio will sign West Ham midfielder and author of Madame Bovary, Julien Faubert. The Mill's done that joke before too but, as we say, change is a terrible thing.

Hearing Mata is attracting the interest of Spurs too (another midfielder :() But we have a similar problem to Liverpool, except I think we have a better team, for now anyway.

again where does that mean lack of money? and still july.

They admit interest in a player but pull out when they are getting a reasonable price. (show by numerous clubs willing to meet the asking price)

Whoah have to disagree with the argument that Clichy is only good going forward, he barely put a foot wrong defensively all season from what I saw his positioning/marking was very good. Plus he's more likely to win you trophies than Kolarov imo and at City he wont have mickey mouse CB's and keepers who have jelly for fingers so hopefully he can shine through. His only problems for me are his concentration level sometimes drops at key moments and he has been slightly injury prone throughout his career but for 7 million that's definitely a risk worth taking.

7 Million is a bargain, and he will be helped out by having someone like Milner ahead of him

any news on United targets? If you say we're signing Diego i swear ill infract you :P

7 Million is a bargain, and he will be helped out by having someone like Milner ahead of him

any news on United targets? If you say we're signing Diego i swear ill infract you :P

No news on 'Ribas' but I am pretty certain that he will be in the Premier League next season and I can definitely see Fergie signing the kid because he has admired him since his days at Santos with Alex/Robinho in the great team of the early 2000's and tried to sign him before Porto got him but thought 6 million was a little steep (I think it was the year United bought rooney for like 30 so money was a little tight) and obviously his career has completely stalled for 2 years partly due to being played out of position but his own temperament is very volatile. In Brazil he is a celebrity and I believe he's got too caught up in that, at Wolfsburg last season for the few games he played he took EVERYTHING, corners, FK's, Penalties and even had an argument on camera with Felix Magath after being substituted.

Little news on Man United is they are looking at Rosenborg CM Markus Henriksen after he was recommended by Ole to the scouting team 18 months ago they have been looking at him since then and I doubt he will move in January so if they will ever sign him I would presume it would be this summer so that's one to keep an eye on.

Personally I think he needs a new DM as well since Anderson is developing more into a CM than a DM but I'm not hearing many names linked with United except young Petrovic at Partizan Belgrade but he would probably cost like 8-9 million pounds to get him. I am surprised he hasn't approached players like M'Villa, Sissoko, Vidal, Inler, Isla etc. A Spanish tabloid of Castillan (Madrid) favouring has reported that Javi Martinez is available for a knock down price of 11-12 million from last summers reported 20 and Real Madrid, Athletico and Manchester United were mentioned in the piece as suitors for his signature.

Managed to go the entire piece without mentioning Diego...Oh **** :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back