Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Aguero assured the fans he wouldn't move to Madrid? Maybe I misconstrued it.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

would be a good signing for them, he was a very good player but sadly got squeezed by the stars in the Man City squad.. is this an indication that Charlez N Zogbia looks set to head to Villa?

Yes please.

would be a good signing for them, he was a very good player but sadly got squeezed by the stars in the Man City squad.. is this an indication that Charlez N Zogbia looks set to head to Villa?

Probably, can't see SWP taking a big wage cut and I can't see Wigan paying him his expected wages unless they cut N'zog from their wage bill.

Probably, can't see SWP taking a big wage cut and I can't see Wigan paying him his expected wages unless they cut N'zog from their wage bill.

Aye Zogbia will be an excellent replacement for Young in the Villa Squad... any idea how much Villa will look to pay for him if he does go?

Thought Aguero assured the fans he wouldn't move to Madrid? Maybe I misconstrued it.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Yes please.

I do remember Aguero telling the fans he wont move to Real Madrid

Aye Zogbia will be an excellent replacement for Young in the Villa Squad... any idea how much Villa will look to pay for him if he does go?

Apparently, 10-12 mil. Not going over 15, of course. We're interested by all accounts, and he'd be a perfect replacement for Young.

I do remember Aguero telling the fans he wont move to Real Madrid

lets face it, even if he does turn out to be a liar , the At Madrid fans wont let him live in Madrid peacefully if he moves to RM

I remember Whelen saying he won't even bother talking to clubs about a deal until or unless a club hits at least £9million up-front.

Apparently, 10-12 mil. Not going over 15, of course. We're interested by all accounts, and he'd be a perfect replacement for Young.

think a 12-15m would be enough to sign him, Wigan will look to squeeze every penny for their star player and also party they will have to afford SWP's high wages if they are in for him as believed

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

I remember Whelen saying he won't even bother talking to clubs about a deal until or unless a club hits at least £9million up-front.

Villa can easily hit the 9 million mark cos of the Young transfer , they can afford Zogbia's wages easily too, this looks like it can defo go through this summer

I do hope there were some quotes in this "somewhere".

Athletico Madrid chief executive Minguel Angel Gil Marin insists Real Madrid won’t be making a deal with Sergio Aguero.
Gil Marin said that the relationship between Athletico Madrid and Real Madrid means that Aguero won’t move between the clubs.
“[Florentino Perez] has told me he has no intention of signing Aguero and I do not doubt him,” Gil Marin told Spanish newspaper AS.

“Firstly, due to the good relationship we have personally and secondly, due to the clubs’ relationship.”

think a 12-15m would be enough to sign him, Wigan will look to squeeze every penny for their star player and also party they will have to afford SWP's high wages if they are in for him as believed

Of course, but we must remember Zog is in the final year of his contract. We'll see. Also, Whelan thinks we're a nice enough bunch (called us honourable in our dealings with Martinez, so evidently quite likes us) so maybe that'll help.

Of course, but we must remember Zog is in the final year of his contract. We'll see. Also, Whelan thinks we're a nice enough bunch (called us honourable in our dealings with Martinez, so evidently quite likes us) so maybe that'll help.

yea and I doubt Whelan thinks he can hang onto Zogbia much longer, he has been linked with sides in the top 10 such as Villa for quite a long time now and if Whelan is smart he will look to squeeze every penny out of the deal and let Zogbia go peacefully

yea and I doubt Whelan thinks he can hang onto Zogbia much longer, he has been linked with sides in the top 10 such as Villa for quite a long time now and if Whelan is smart he will look to squeeze every penny out of the deal and let Zogbia go peacefully

Whelan is very good chairman. I dont remember him holding on any player against their will. I'm very sure he will let N'Zogbia go without any fuss.. He said few times too that he wont be stopping players moving for bigger clubs..

Yeah, we all know our place in the chain. We buy off clubs like Wigan, sell to top clubs. It's how it works, and Whelan understands it.

Whelan is very good chairman. I dont remember him holding on any player against their will. I'm very sure he will let N'Zogbia go without any fuss.. He said few times too that he wont be stopping players moving for bigger clubs..

He's a good man and an intelligent chairman. Keeps Wigan relatively debt-free and well-run.

Athletico Madrid chief executive Minguel Angel Gil Marin insists Real Madrid won’t be making a deal with Sergio Aguero.
Gil Marin said that the relationship between Athletico Madrid and Real Madrid means that Aguero won’t move between the clubs.

Any source that mispells Atletico Madrid is not worth my time :).

"Money has never been my motivation. I have always taken decisions from a football point of view," Nasri in NOTW

"I don't want to sign for a club where I wouldn't be playing the football that I like, where I wouldn't feel happy, just for the money".

We already earn huge wages. The priority is to make a big career and to win titles. This is more important than everything else" Nasri.

"With no titles under your belt, u can't be in list for Ballon D'Or. I came to England for trophies We all need to get out of comfort zone"

"Money has never been my motivation. I have always taken decisions from a football point of view," Nasri in NOTW

"I don't want to sign for a club where I wouldn't be playing the football that I like, where I wouldn't feel happy, just for the money".

We already earn huge wages. The priority is to make a big career and to win titles. This is more important than everything else" Nasri.

"With no titles under your belt, u can't be in list for Ballon D'Or. I came to England for trophies We all need to get out of comfort zone"

Nice knowing you, Samir.

Although I'd like him to stay, that's pretty ****-poor PR. Suggesting that he needs to leave because this Arsenal side isn't going to win trophies - he's as much at blame as anyone for us not doing so since 2008, and particularly this season.

I don't like it when people criticize him specifically for losing form in the 2nd half of the season because the whole team did - I'd still give Cesc, Szczesny and Djourou pay-rises if it came to it at this point. Because they're good players and they showed it in the first half of the season.

BUT - If he's going to say he needs to move to win trophies, then he has no right to say that really. If he had kept his form up and tried to drag us through the final months then who knows? He could have several winners' medals.

Stay because you want to win trophies with us, don't bother if you're chasing the cash and cash alone. (Despite what he says, he clearly is motivated by money). But just be honest - don't **** about.

Nice knowing you, Samir.

Although I'd like him to stay, that's pretty ****-poor PR. Suggesting that he needs to leave because this Arsenal side isn't going to win trophies - he's as much at blame as anyone for us not doing so since 2008, and particularly this season.

I don't like it when people criticize him specifically for losing form in the 2nd half of the season because the whole team did - I'd still give Cesc, Szczesny and Djourou pay-rises if it came to it at this point. Because they're good players and they showed it in the first half of the season.

BUT - If he's going to say he needs to move to win trophies, then he has no right to say that really. If he had kept his form up and tried to drag us through the final months then who knows? He could have several winners' medals.

Stay because you want to win trophies with us, don't bother if you're chasing the cash and cash alone. (Despite what he says, he clearly is motivated by money). But just be honest - don't **** about.

To be fair he can say that.

Also, not sure how you can say he is just in it for the money, you havent got anything to base that on.

Agree with him about the comfort zone, if he were to come to united it would be a challenge on different levels, new role, different kind of football. I agree with him.

Last edited:
Nice knowing you, Samir.

he can say that... tbh with you, his from did dip badly in the second half of the season but so did everyone else's really and yes although he is to be blamed as much as anyone else but either way his reasoning is quite simple, Arsenal do not have the mental fortitude and killer instinct to in trophies as he saw this season where you spectacularly self-combusted and went out of all 4 competitions in a matter of weeks, even finishing 4th in the PLM on the last day

I do not see how he is motivated by money tbh, he is at a top club like Arsenal who do have the quality to win trophies but just seem to not be doing that year in and year out and who can afford to pay him a relatively high wage such as 90k p/w the same wages Drogba is on incidentally and if he does wing his way to either Manchester or Chelsea his wages wont be much higher than what you offered him tbh

Its just a case of trophies Joss and thats what you fail to understand, you can go on and on about how your club is relatively healthy financially but every player wants to win trophies and then go onto to win individual awards, thats what they dreamed of as children, they surely never dreamed of playing in a club which had a self-sustainable model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back