Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
he can say that... tbh with you, his from did dip badly in the second half of the season but so did everyone else's really and yes although he is to be blamed as much as anyone else but either way his reasoning is quite simple, Arsenal do not have the mental fortitude and killer instinct to in trophies as he saw this season where you spectacularly self-combusted and went out of all 4 competitions in a matter of weeks, even finishing 4th in the PLM on the last day

I do not see how he is motivated by money tbh, he is at a top club like Arsenal who do have the quality to win trophies but just seem to not be doing that year in and year out and who can afford to pay him a relatively high wage such as 90k p/w the same wages Drogba is on incidentally and if he does wing his way to either Manchester or Chelsea his wages wont be much higher than what you offered him tbh

Its just a case of trophies Joss and thats what you fail to understand, you can go on and on about how your club is relatively healthy financially but every player wants to win trophies and then go onto to win individual awards, thats what they dreamed of as children, they surely never dreamed of playing in a club which had a self-sustainable model

But he's not in a position to blame the rest of the team and bemoan our apparent inability to win trophies when he's not exactly had a spectacular end to the season. If he played well all through the season then I have no doubt that Wenger would give him the pay-rise he wants, and we may even have won something. That's my point - he had a great first half of the season, then got complacent, lost form and either played badly, or simply didn't turn up.

If he looks at his own season - he's as much to blame as anyone else: The misses against Bolton, the chances in the Carling Cup Final, etc. He was a big player, and he couldn't keep his form up. Therefore, he has no right to blame the rest of the team.

It's well known that he wants a pay-rise. He's on 80K/week, we've offered 90K/week and he's pushing for 110K/week. This interview is a PR stunt (which has failed spectacularly) to try and appease supporters who aren't happy that he's being greedy and wants to move to a rival club.

And once again - you're putting words in my mouth. I've not once mentioned our Finances, or FFP in this mini-debate. I simply argued that half a good season doesn't entitle Nasri to criticise the rest of the team for not being winners.

The argument that everyone (bar RvP) fell away in the second half of the season goes both ways; No - it's not fair to single him out, and I've said that. I've also said I personally would give into his demands because I think we need to keep this group of players together.

BUT: No - It's not fair for him to act innocent and claim he's worthy of a Balon D'Or and wants to win that award, but can't do it with Arsenal because he ALSO fell away in the second half of the season. A truly world-class player will perform on a consistently high level for whoever he plays for. He didn't.

Newcastle increase bid to 8m for Turkish international Mevlut Erdinc

Unless I've missed something, I cant see where in those 4 lines he is acting all innocent, or criticising the rest of the team. You have no proof its a PR stunt, you've just seemingly decided that be cant be moving for any other reason, than money,and then interpret it likes hes a villian.

He wouldnt get much more Chelsea or United, and iethe club would put him out of his comfort zone, seems you are quick to dismiss what he says because its not pro-Arsenal

Newcastle increase bid to 8m for Turkish international Mevlut Erdinc

Think they lost out on Osvaldo if I'm honest, Atletico and Fulham are left in the running I think the 11 million pounds price tag plus his 70k+ a week demands scared Newcastle off especially when it would be a bit of a gamble bringing him in.

But he's not in a position to blame the rest of the team and bemoan our apparent inability to win trophies when he's not exactly had a spectacular end to the season. If he played well all through the season then I have no doubt that Wenger would give him the pay-rise he wants, and we may even have won something. That's my point - he had a great first half of the season, then got complacent, lost form and either played badly, or simply didn't turn up.

If he looks at his own season - he's as much to blame as anyone else: The misses against Bolton, the chances in the Carling Cup Final, etc. He was a big player, and he couldn't keep his form up. Therefore, he has no right to blame the rest of the team.

It's well known that he wants a pay-rise. He's on 80K/week, we've offered 90K/week and he's pushing for 110K/week. This interview is a PR stunt (which has failed spectacularly) to try and appease supporters who aren't happy that he's being greedy and wants to move to a rival club.

And once again - you're putting words in my mouth. I've not once mentioned our Finances, or FFP in this mini-debate. I simply argued that half a good season doesn't entitle Nasri to criticise the rest of the team for not being winners.

The argument that everyone (bar RvP) fell away in the second half of the season goes both ways; No - it's not fair to single him out, and I've said that. I've also said I personally would give into his demands because I think we need to keep this group of players together.

BUT: No - It's not fair for him to act innocent and claim he's worthy of a Balon D'Or and wants to win that award, but can't do it with Arsenal because he ALSO fell away in the second half of the season. A truly world-class player will perform on a consistently high level for whoever he plays for. He didn't.

wow so in search of 20k p/w more wages he is moving clubs according to your reasoning even though he can live in a mansion on his 90k p/w and he will hardly a live a much better life on 110k p/w

When the whole team self-combusts, you cant expect one player to be playing at his best especially when the morale around him is so low, I dont blame him at all, if he was at a club such as Chelsea or Man Utd clubs that never stop fighting till the last game and who have leaders on the pitch such as John Terry and Giggs etc. people he can look up to plus the added lure of trophies which both Chelsea and Man Utd have been winning and have that kind of winning mentality, those are the advanatges

Examples of Manchester United and Chelsea's fighting spirit is how we were literally a win away from taking the title and how Man United saved games through last-minute goals because they never stopped fighting. I honestly doubt Arsenal could have recovered if they had the sort of mid-season slump Chelsea had where people were literally saying we were even out of the top 4.. no offence but going by recent history they would not have recovered

Carlos Tevez staying at Manchester City, Roberto Mancini says
• Inter rejected swap involving Samuel Eto'o, manager says
• Roberto Mancini hints at move for Arsenal's Samir Nasri

Carlos Tevez staying at Manchester City, Roberto Mancini says | Football | The Observer

Roberto Mancini has said Carlos Tevez will not be leaving Manchester City this summer, after the club failed to agree a swap deal with Internazionale for the Italian club's striker Samuel Eto'o. Mancini also said a deal for the Partizan Belgrade defender Stefan Savic has been done and hinted at an interest in Arsenal's Samir Nasri.

"Yes, of course Tevez will stay, he is a fantastic player," the former Inter manager Mancini said. "There was talk of an exchange with Eto'o but Inter did not want to sell. I would say a deal for Savic has been done, but Nasri? No, not yet."

City have been linked with a variety of players in the transfer window and Mancini did nothing to quell speculation, naming a selection from Serie A. "I like Ezequiel Lavezzi, Marek Hamsik and Edinson Cavani. I like Javier Pastore a little less. Then, when I think of Udinese, I can think of Pablo Armero and Mauricio Isla. And I must say Antonio Di Natale. It's a pity that he is now getting on in years."

Nasri himself was reported on Saturday to have bemoaned his lack of trophies since arriving at Arsenal in 2008, saying that money is not his motivating factor. Negotiations have stalled on a new deal at the Emirates and, with the Frenchman's contract running out next summer, Arsenal may choose to cash in on him now rather than wait and lose him on a free transfer. Nasri's situation has sparked reported interest from both Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

"We already earn huge wages," Nasri said. "The priority is to make a big career and to win titles … With no titles under your belt, you can't be in the list for the Ballon D'Or. I came to England to get trophies because I haven't won anything in my career. I am hungry for titles. I play football because I love this sport and want to feel the emotion of winning. Lifting a trophy all together, this is the beauty and sense of team sports."

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

If city sign Cavani I will go ballistic

Carlos Tevez staying at Manchester City, Roberto Mancini says
• Inter rejected swap involving Samuel Eto'o, manager says
• Roberto Mancini hints at move for Arsenal's Samir Nasri

Carlos Tevez staying at Manchester City, Roberto Mancini says | Football | The Observer

Roberto Mancini has said Carlos Tevez will not be leaving Manchester City this summer, after the club failed to agree a swap deal with Internazionale for the Italian club's striker Samuel Eto'o. Mancini also said a deal for the Partizan Belgrade defender Stefan Savic has been done and hinted at an interest in Arsenal's Samir Nasri.

"Yes, of course Tevez will stay, he is a fantastic player," the former Inter manager Mancini said. "There was talk of an exchange with Eto'o but Inter did not want to sell. I would say a deal for Savic has been done, but Nasri? No, not yet."

City have been linked with a variety of players in the transfer window and Mancini did nothing to quell speculation, naming a selection from Serie A. "I like Ezequiel Lavezzi, Marek Hamsik and Edinson Cavani. I like Javier Pastore a little less. Then, when I think of Udinese, I can think of Pablo Armero and Mauricio Isla. And I must say Antonio Di Natale. It's a pity that he is now getting on in years."

Nasri himself was reported on Saturday to have bemoaned his lack of trophies since arriving at Arsenal in 2008, saying that money is not his motivating factor. Negotiations have stalled on a new deal at the Emirates and, with the Frenchman's contract running out next summer, Arsenal may choose to cash in on him now rather than wait and lose him on a free transfer. Nasri's situation has sparked reported interest from both Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

"We already earn huge wages," Nasri said. "The priority is to make a big career and to win titles … With no titles under your belt, you can't be in the list for the Ballon D'Or. I came to England to get trophies because I haven't won anything in my career. I am hungry for titles. I play football because I love this sport and want to feel the emotion of winning. Lifting a trophy all together, this is the beauty and sense of team sports."

I have heard that some Man City players have come out and told Mancini that if Tevez was to remain at Eastlands he better not be their captain. I kind of feel sorry for Mancini cos he is stuck with Tevez who will do nothing but moan on and on and insult the club and the city of Manchester yet City are forced to pay his huge wages and make him captain just so that he is happy. Plus the added fact that even after 5-6 years in England, he still cant speak Englsh properly and I read once that he usually cuts a lonely figure on the training ground and hardly communicates with his team due to his lack of English

And he hardly sets himself as a leader with all his talk of wanting to leave and how he cant stand football... so far Man City have neither gotten rid of their fringe players who are on huge wages such and neither have they brought any of their desired targets which is surely getting under Mancini's skin

Wait what? I didn't mention Cole or Baines at all
I also didn't say Clichy was the best, I said he is one of the best in the league.

If city sign Cavani I will go ballistic

Cavani signed for Napoli this season, so I dont think they will sell their prized asset.. Have to say Palermo are ****** by selling him for 16 Million or less.

Cavani signed for Napoli this season, so I dont think they will sell their prized asset.. Have to say Palermo are ****** by selling him for 16 Million or less.
It was 15 million, the idiots.

Wasn't it a clause in the loan deal before he had a great season, when he was ok?

Loan deal with a clause to make it permanent. Fee agreed was around 15-16 Million..

Even before last season he was very good, he had all the tools to become great player, it was just matter of time..

Daily Star done a huge write up on Everton this morning, according to them Everton are prepared to sell Jack Rodwell for 20m to free up funds for Moyes. They said that Chelsea, City and Spurs are all looking at a move for him. But, it is the Daily Star..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back