Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Madrid have signed Fábio Coentrão from Benfica. Fee not known at this point but it does include defender Ezequiel Garay (via @JamieDalton82)

So only I said Varane was always destined for Madrid as they wanted to offload Garay. Now Varane will get game time at Madrid much higher that he would have got at United..

So only I said Varane was always destined for Madrid as they wanted to offload Garay. Now Varane will get game time at Madrid much higher that he would have got at United..

Varane could just as easily still go on loan back to France, as I believe was the original plan unless he sufficiently impressed in pre-season and training.

Varane could just as easily still go on loan back to France, as I believe was the original plan unless he sufficiently impressed in pre-season and training.

They have hardly trained Isn't it? Zidane was impressed with the youngster and was key for this transfer. Garay was a fringe player and hardly got a look in. It looked very likely that Garay will be sold, now instead of cash they used him in Coenrtro transfer.

Real Madrid's centre backs this season;

Carvalho, Albiol, Varane, Pepe (+ Ramos).
Pepe been playing as a DM recently so it's possible he may play there next season, moving Ramos to CB and Arbeloa to RB.

It's very possible that Real will either sign another CB and will flog Diarra, or loan Varane out and keep Ramos at RB.

Think the Madrid deal was probably 21 million euro's plus Garay since Coentrao has a 25 million euros clause according to the club president when he said he pulled out of a 21 million euro deal a few days ago. I'm guessing he wanted Garay...

Real Madrid's centre backs this season;

Carvalho, Albiol, Varane, Pepe (+ Ramos).
Pepe been playing as a DM recently so it's possible he may play there next season, moving Ramos to CB and Arbeloa to RB.

It's very possible that Real will either sign another CB and will flog Diarra, or loan Varane out and keep Ramos at RB.

Pepe will play as DM only against the strong teams or more like only against Barca. Other games they dominate and they dont need a destroyer..

Yeah Ramos is better as a CB, but why will they disrupt Pepe, Carvalho partnership which has worked so well for them. And loaning Varane and signing another CB makes no sense to me.

CBs: Pepe, Carvalho, Albiol, Varane. If they need one then Ramos can swith to CB for few games and Arbeloa can play as RB. Thats more than adequate cover for CB position..

Pepe will play as DM only against the strong teams or more like only against Barca. Other games they dominate and they dont need a destroyer..

Yeah Ramos is better as a CB, but why will they disrupt Pepe, Carvalho partnership which has worked so well for them. And loaning Varane and signing another CB makes no sense to me.

CBs: Pepe, Carvalho, Albiol, Varane. If they need one then Ramos can swith to CB for few games and Arbeloa can play as RB. Thats more than adequate cover for CB position..

If they loan out Varane for regular football as Carvalho is already 33(ish). Varane gets regular football away, they sign another back up CB. The Carvalho become bit part next season, Varane promoted to first team and they already have 2 adequate covering CB's as well as Carvalho.

If they loan out Varane for regular football as Carvalho is already 33(ish). Varane gets regular football away, they sign another back up CB. The Carvalho become bit part next season, Varane promoted to first team and they already have 2 adequate covering CB's as well as Carvalho.

Why will they sign a back up CB and loan out their player? Waste of money IMO.

And also Marcelo and Higuain were introduced slowly and they played only small roles earlier in their Career. Surely Varane can do the same. He is just 18 year old and has all the time in the world. He can play few games as a sub, few cup games, learn what it means to don the white shirt and play for a club as big as Madrid and also learn to adapt to La Liga rather than playing in the league which is completely different from La Liga..

Carvalho and Pepe will play as regualr CBs, Albiol and Varane are back ups.

During a radio interview with GR Parlamento on Monday, Palermo chairman Maurizio Zamparini stated : "Javier Pastore could move to Spain this summer. England is also a possibility, but I think that Real Madrid and Malaga are leading the chase to sign him. .... Watch out for Malaga, their owner Sheik Abdullah Al-Thani is very affluent and wants to build a top team".

Barely worth reporting in my opinion but he's talking up Malaga now, major step down in my opinion and Malaga have signed Toulalan and Mathijsen but I don't see them being in the Champions League next year...They had enough last season to finish top 8 imo and they JUST avoided relegation thanks to Julio Baptista.

Maurizio Zamperini AKA 'The Bull**** King'.

Why will they sign a back up CB and loan out their player? Waste of money IMO.

And also Marcelo and Higuain were introduced slowly and they played only small roles earlier in their Career. Surely Varane can do the same. He is just 18 year old and has all the time in the world. He can play few games as a sub, few cup games, learn what it means to don the white shirt and play for a club as big as Madrid and also learn to adapt to La Liga rather than playing in the league which is completely different from La Liga..

Carvalho and Pepe will play as regualr CBs, Albiol and Varane are back ups.

"It has been confirmed Real Madrid will pay Benfica €30m for Fabio Coentrão. No player included, all cash."

(Espanafutbol)

EDIT: Confirmed by Guardian as well now.

Last edited:
Yeah, real will pay 30 million euros...
But that's just to make the Benfica president look good ;D Because now I bet that Benfica will buy Garay for a heap of money. I am 90% certain we'll pay 8 or 10 million euros or so ~~.

Yanks Have Jumped On It

Benfica might go in for Galeano/Funes Mori/Lamela, can definitely see that a possibility especially the other 2 who they have tried to buy before and now with River relegated they should move in for them...

LB wise they could always sign a young Brazilian like Alex Sandro, they lost out on Atila Turan who went to Sporting on a free transfer but he would have been a perfect signing for them imo.

I think Coentrao's a great player, would've loved him at Arsenal but wouldn't have wanted him for 30m.

Will turn out as one of the best LB's in the world I'd say.

Yanks Have Jumped On It

Benfica might go in for Galeano/Funes Mori/Lamela, can definitely see that a possibility especially the other 2 who they have tried to buy before and now with River relegated they should move in for them...

LB wise they could always sign a young Brazilian like Alex Sandro, they lost out on Atila Turan who went to Sporting on a free transfer but he would have been a perfect signing for them imo.

River will have a huge clear-out this summer, all their kids will jump to Europe or Brazil i think. For years though, River have built their team around youngsters and sooner or later it was going to fail.

For Benfica, the money they get for Coentrao will be huge so they will have opportunity to sign a good LB. I cant see Alexander Kolarov staying at City to be second string to Clichy so he may become available and would be a good replacement.

Kolarov will get moved up to LW probably, Mancini rates him there and tried him LW quite a few times last season.

@SkyGraemeBailey - Update on Coentrao, seems it is straight 30m no Garay included.

Yes, no Garay included, but I think Benfica will buy Garay on a different deal ;) I think this is all planned.

Neil Warnock has said it looks increasingly likely that Taraabt will be leaving Loftus Road.. PSG bidded for him last week.

Well Barry Fry said this morning he agreed a deal for CMS with Neil Warnock for around 975k up front 6 weeks ago and the QPR board intervened and pulled the plug on the deal...

Considering they are supposedly one of the richest clubs in the world so far they've pulled out of a free transfer (Routledge) and CMS whilst rising season tickets significantly...

Taarabt will end up going for 10-12 million and Spurs get 50 pct of his fee so QPR will end up with about 5 million to spend which will barely buy you one player yet alone what they need (7+).

#SadTimesForQPRFans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back