Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I read well, Kranjcar is allowed to move clubs (FINALLY), after a long period of not playing in Tottenham. However drunk old Harry said he can move, but the club which wants to bring him in, needs to pay 15 mil €.

Currently interested in Kranjcar:
Dinamo Kiev, Liverpool, Lazio, Everton.

IMO finally he'll go out of that club and come somewhere where he will play much much more than 10 minutes in 10 games...

oh and rumour:
http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/liverpool-salje-ponudu-za-kranjcara/559586.aspx
http://www.liverpoolfcgossip.info/kranjcar-back-on-radar.html

Reminder of him getting the last 2-3 minutes against bolton before scoring an amazing goal with his weaker foot:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgwl4a_niko-kranjcar-vs-bolton-05-02-2011_sport

Liverpool is to start negotiations with Tottenham & Kranjcar during the next few days. Please God make it happen!

Last edited:
"It has been confirmed Real Madrid will pay Benfica €30m for Fabio Coentrão. No player included, all cash."

(Espanafutbol)

EDIT: Confirmed by Guardian as well now.

Rumor is that Garay will sign for Benfica in separate deal (Which was preplanned) and also Drenthe may go on loan.. Garay is valued at 12 Million..

Nick Ajose has joined Peterbrough on a 4 year permanent deal from Manchester United.

Nick Ajose has joined Peterbrough on a 4 year permanent deal from Manchester United.

I think they will get few more players from our reserves. Good to have Fergie's son in Championship. We can send our players on loan too..

I think they will get few more players from our reserves. Good to have Fergie's son in Championship. We can send our players on loan too..

Tunnicliffe and someone else already joined on loan too..

Pretty good, imo.

Stewart Downing cost £12 million with a broken foot that would have him out for 6 months and **** for another 6, coming from a Championship team in which his career was stalling. He was then nurtured back to health, had an excellent season in which he earned his recall to the England squad, and you're telling me that moving up a division, being back at full health and in form, with two years on his contract with a club that has no wish to sell him, and recently having broken back into an England squad he had no hope in **** of getting into, has only added £3 million to his value?

EDIT: And this in a market where young and relatively unproven English players like Henderson, Jones and Carroll go for sums over the one quoted for Downing?

Last edited:
Stewart Downing cost £12 million with a broken foot that would have him out for 6 months and **** for another 6, coming from a Championship team in which his career was stalling. He was then nurtured back to health, had an excellent season in which he earned his recall to the England squad, and you're telling me that moving up a division, being back at full health and in form, with two years on his contract with a club that has no wish to sell him, and recently having broken back into an England squad he had no hope in **** of getting into, has only added £3 million to his value?

EDIT: And this in a market where young and relatively unproven English players like Henderson, Jones and Carroll go for sums over the one quoted for Downing?

I sense that you are a little angry! £20M would be good enough imo.

I sense that you are a little angry! £20M would be good enough imo.

I AM NOT ANGRY I AM COMPLETELY CALM

£20 mil is the minimum I would listen to, I think, that is an acceptable value for him.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

We won't go higher than 20 million, of that I'm sure.

Put a transfer request in!

If he does, I hope people recognise what a colossal **** he is and give him the Ashley Cole treatment. :)

I AM NOT ANGRY I AM COMPLETELY CALM

£20 mil is the minimum I would listen to, I think, that is an acceptable value for him.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

If he does, I hope people recognise what a colossal **** he is and give him the Ashley Cole treatment. :)

You wouldn't have given me a detailed life story of Stewart Downing if you were calm. :)

WHOAH.
WHOAH.
WHOAH.
I don't normally pull you gents up on things but when it comes to Stewie Downing I feel obliged, few things you should know about Stewie:
1. Very grounded, down to earth player who did wonders at Boro and his community work is probably the greatest effort by an individual in this clubs history.
2. Have to disagree unfortunately with the point his career stalled at Middlesbrough, he got injured by Stilian Petrov the season we went down in May and didn't feature for the rest of the season and who knows, maybe with him we could have got out of it. And the Broken Foot he had when he arrived at Villa...Was caused by Petrov in the League match that May. XD
3. He deserves Champions League football, this is a player who was at the 2006 UEFA Cup Final with Middlesbrough and 3 years later finds himself at Aston Villa who with all due respect never really took Europe (Europa Teacup) seriously so I can 100 pct see Stewie Downing coming out saying he wants Champions League football and he's at the age in his career where he's BACK in the England squad now and playing well so he feels he warrants a move to a bigger club.

He signed way before Boro kicked a ball in the Championship, we accepted he would move and wished him/AJ luck in their endeavours and if you compare 06 Boro to 09 Villa then I would go with 06 Boro. If you hired Mclaren as coach I believe you would have kept him, football fans joke about his accent/brolly etc but the guy is the single most amazing coach in our history (I would say par/slightly behind Bruce Rioch)...
Downing's worth 15 million at least.

I do hate tearing into people's points but when it comes to Middlesbrough i just get a bit red eyed...

He gives 100 pct every game, never sulks, consummate professional who is true to his roots and those roots lie in Middlesbrough not Aston Villa unfortunately and our papers have interviewed his father recently who said Stewie deserves Champions League football and the chance to show his talents on the biggest stage...I can see where he's coming from but you would argue Villa-Liverpool isn't that big a step up since neither of them has European football next year but I think the European History/Stature of Liverpool will lure him.

You wouldn't have given me a detailed life story of Stewart Downing if you were calm. :)

"Once upon a time, a young ********/hero* called Stewart Downing was born..."

*delete as appropriate

WHOAH.
WHOAH.
WHOAH.
I don't normally pull you gents up on things but when it comes to Stewie Downing I feel obliged, few things you should know about Stewie:
1. Very grounded, down to earth player who did wonders at Boro and his community work is probably the greatest effort by an individual in this clubs history.
2. Have to disagree unfortunately with the point his career stalled at Middlesbrough, he got injured by Stilian Petrov the season we went down in May and didn't feature for the rest of the season and who knows, maybe with him we could have got out of it. And the Broken Foot he had when he arrived at Villa...Was caused by Petrov in the League match that May. XD
3. He deserves Champions League football, this is a player who was at the 2006 UEFA Cup Final with Middlesbrough and 3 years later finds himself at Aston Villa who with all due respect never really took Europe (Europa Teacup) seriously so I can 100 pct see Stewie Downing coming out saying he wants Champions League football and he's at the age in his career where he's BACK in the England squad now and playing well so he feels he warrants a move to a bigger club.

He signed way before Boro kicked a ball in the Championship, we accepted he would move and wished him/AJ luck in their endeavours and if you compare 06 Boro to 09 Villa then I would go with 06 Boro. If you hired Mclaren as coach I believe you would have kept him, football fans joke about his accent/brolly etc but the guy is the single most amazing coach in our history (I would say par/slightly behind Bruce Rioch)...
Downing's worth 15 million at least.

I do hate tearing into people's points but when it comes to Middlesbrough i just get a bit red eyed...

He gives 100 pct every game, never sulks, consummate professional who is true to his roots and those roots lie in Middlesbrough not Aston Villa unfortunately and our papers have interviewed his father recently who said Stewie deserves Champions League football and the chance to show his talents on the biggest stage...I can see where he's coming from but you would argue Villa-Liverpool isn't that big a step up since neither of them has European football next year but I think the European History/Stature of Liverpool will lure him.

And I thought Mr Cubed was angry!

"Once upon a time, a young ********/hero* called Stewart Downing was born..."

*delete as appropriate

^ Delete now. XD

There's a Middlesbrough fan in the thread guys and he will fight Stewart's corner to the literary abyss... :@
Once upon a time, a young hero called Stewart Downing was born in Middlesbrough and grew up supporting the local team Middlesbrough FC to whom he later joined as an 8 year old to the Middlesbrough academy in Eston where Downing developed as a footballer and when Steve McLaren took charge the first thing he did was promote Stewart Downing to the senior squad and he trained alongside the absolute legend that is Juninho and later went on to spend a short spell on loan at Sunderland before returning as the clubs prodigal son and leading the side to many new records in the clubs history before leaving for Aston Villa after Middlesbrough received a ridiculously good offer for him..."

WHICH WE SPENT ESSENTIALLY ON BUYING HALF THE SPL...THE BAD HALF.

Last edited:
WHOAH.
WHOAH.
WHOAH.

I know that, but who he was injured by is inconsequential. He could've got that injury off anyone. His career with England was as good as over with Middlesbrough, and by the time we'd bought him even a young Adam Johnson was rated above him (maybe not by Boro fans, but by the majority of Prem fans I'd reckon). He handed in a transfer request in January. Petrov broke his leg in May. He didn't feature in ONE GAME. If you can't deal with one of your best players being out for one game then frankly, a relegation is deserved.

Pfft. Why? One season of playing well after one of injury and rubbish form does not necessarily mean he deserves Champions League football. He has debts to pay at Villa, since we gave him a shot at the big time once more, nursed him back to health and then gave him another chance after he was ****. Besides, if he wants the ****** Champions League, he can go to a Champions League club. If he does come out and say that and then goes to Liverpool, he deserves all the stick he'll get.

Maybe, but I don't see your point.

Villa don't care where Downing goes, they just want to know if he wants to go. If he does, then we want £20 million minimum for him (my opinion). His roots don't matter. The fact that he's a consummate pro and gives 100% every game only goes to elevate his price.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

^ Delete now. XD

There's a Middlesbrough fan in the thread guys and he will fight Stewart's corner to the literary abyss... :@

I don't even know what Downing's corner IS. X(

I think Villa overpaid for Downing personally. He's worth £15-20m imo, I've never rated him though really (queue abuse...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back