Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart Downing cost £12 million with a broken foot that would have him out for 6 months and **** for another 6, coming from a Championship team in which his career was stalling. He was then nurtured back to health, had an excellent season in which he earned his recall to the England squad, and you're telling me that moving up a division, being back at full health and in form, with two years on his contract with a club that has no wish to sell him, and recently having broken back into an England squad he had no hope in **** of getting into, has only added £3 million to his value?

EDIT: And this in a market where young and relatively unproven English players like Henderson, Jones and Carroll go for sums over the one quoted for Downing?

Here is GodCubed's comment about me saying I thought £15M was a good offer. I think he does, Sam.

News: Argentina international Pablo Piatti is set to join Valencia from recently-relegated Almeria for an undisclosed fee, subject to a medical.

Raplacement for the outgoing Mata?

Also:

News: Portsmouth have agreed the signing of striker Luke Varney from Derby and are close to a deal for Wolves defender Greg Halford.

Any player is a good player from the Portsmouth perspective! Makes me slightly happy.

"Liverpool/Blackpool close to agreeing fee" SSN. Including two young Liverpool players, (Shelvey on loan, Darby perm imo)

I also said he wasn't worth even £15m and got slaughtered. :)
hahaha, they can try, I can always just ban them to shut them up if I feel like it XD

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

regarding Godcubes comments:

he cost that much due to the fact he was younger and had potential, at least a decade at top level, he is what, 29 now? as a winger you have 3yrs tops....

I dont rate him at all! dont rate Barry or Milner, I barely rate Ashley Young IRL to be honest! never really produces anything! makes decent runs etc but cannot finish it off with anything spectacular or consistent...

hahaha, they can try, I can always just ban them to shut them up if I feel like it XD

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

regarding Godcubes comments:

he cost that much due to the fact he was younger and had potential, at least a decade at top level, he is what, 29 now? as a winger you have 3yrs tops....

I dont rate him at all! dont rate Barry or Milner, I barely rate Ashley Young IRL to be honest! never really produces anything! makes decent runs etc but cannot finish it off with anything spectacular or consistent...

Downing is 26 actually.

On SSN that Porto Striker Hulk has offered a thinly-veiled plea for Chelsea to come and get him ... no way anyone is going to meet his release clause so unless he really forces a move through, cant see this happening

I was hoping United would be getting Hulk, there were rumours a few weeks ago...

played exceptionally well last year... not just a beast in Fm :)

Does that change what Raikan was saying? He has still more or less reached full potential

Im not involved in this arguement about Downing lol just corrected him on Downings age ;)

I was hoping United would be getting Hulk, there were rumours a few weeks ago...

played exceptionally well last year... not just a beast in Fm :)

he played very well indeed under AVB... United do not need him tbh but I am hoping we can get him as he is a beast on the Right and our current Right wingers are either too old such as Anelka or nothing special such as Kalou, I am hoping him and Sturridge will be rotated there, will be fantastic

Im not involved in this arguement about Downing lol just corrected him on Downings age ;)
Alright mate, this argument is dangerous anyway, GodCubed is already planning to batter me with a life size poster of Downing anyway , so keep well clear ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back