Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could go back and quote/rant at people calling Downing **** but I wont.

Top, top player who dragged a team to a UEFA Cup final when it used to matter a little bit more, club legend and a very grounded fella who always gives back to community work. Not many better professionals out there than him, he's easily worth 15 if Henderson's worth 20 and Young's worth 15...

+ What Dunc said.

Baring in mind I saw him play for a good 6 years and maybe I could be blinkered but when he's injury free downing is England's only left footed left winger and their best.

(AJ is more of a left footed right winger and still has alot to develop)

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Article on the Hulk+Falcao quotes:

Falcao, who has a £26million release clause in his contract, said: ‘There is a club that I dream to play for. They are foreign but I do not want to say who it is now.'
‘The Spanish league is good, but I prefer the Premier League as there is a better atmosphere on the field.’
While Hulk, when asked how he would feel if the Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich met the incredible £89.5million release fee in his new contract, coyly replied: ‘If it was good for the club and me...’
‘But, as I have said before, I am totally focused on FC Porto, the club with which I have a contract for five years.’

Hulk was being honest, hardly ''come and get me''. The Falcao quote is a ''come and get me'' statement I would say...

Not watching SSN at the minute, have they reported Falcao's quote as a 'come and get me' or just Hulk's?

Last edited:
Jesus, guess Champions League football drew him in.

I bring some good news from Germany for Italian/English club fans:

Interviewed by Kicker, Bayer Leverkusen Sports Director Rudi Voeller has declared about 24 year old midfielder Arturo Vidal: "If we will sell him it will be only to a foreign club. If we will receive the right offer he will leave, but for the moment he remains a Bayer player. I have received no offers"

Line on Chivu:
Inter Milan's Romanian left-back Cristian Chivu has rejected an official offer from Valencia.

Source:French newspaper Le Parisien, Chelsea have turned their attentions towards Olympique Lyon's Brazilian winger Michel Bastos. Negotiations could begin fairly soon...

Valencia have signed Pablo Piatti on a 5 year deal from Almeria.

A few more lines from Europe but I'm about to start a FM save, Ricky Alvarez has been announced on the Inter website...Already reported somewhere for 11.3 million euros.

I think that 11 million euros will factor in to some sort of deal for Pastore I reported a few days ago with the agreement with Moratti that Zamperini announced. Alvarez on loan to Palermo and around 30 million euros for Pastore (That would be my guess at the deal anyway). Alvarez deal is sad news for anyone that wanted Pastore in the Premier League...

BUT if Inter get Pastore then that means Sneijder can be sold (Coutinho as well), so then the case will become Chelsea/United fighting it out for him I would guess...Merry go round continues.

Hmpft, don't really necessarily believe the Zapata rejects Liverpool story, it says "Liverpool made a move for the Udinese central defender last month", it doesn't say we actually bid, could've been like with Wickham were we refused to pay X for him.

@SkyGraemeBailey - Much coveted St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi has sacked his current agents as he is annoyed no move has yet happened #nufc #lfc #afc

Can see him at Toon, unless a foreign club with European football comes in.

,.?!

Are all punctuation marks, please use them. I almost choked to death gasping for air trying to read all of that.

Ah, bless...do you still read out loud, like you are a child (K)

On the point about stats (Mike.'s I think), I don't think they tell the whole story. N'Zogbia was playing in a more disciplined side that struggled to stay in the division. Had he have been playing at Villa last season, I personally believe he would have outshone Young and Downing, he's the better player imo and seemingly the better value signing.

Thing about N'zogbia is that he needs to be the 'star' in the team, I imagine, or else he would throw a shitfit/tevez and you have to sell him. He was always pretty temperamental at us, but he is a very good player, but plays in quite a contrasting style to Downing imo, if you want a pacy winger with a cracking shot, go for N'zogbia, if you want a more cultured winger with a good crossing ability, go for Downing, both are pretty awesome at set pieces also.

Or just call him insomnia, then he has a mahoosive shitfit. :)

If he was at a bigger club, I can see him having issues settling, although, considering Villa have sold Young, I could see him going there and playing a similar role to Young, and Villa aren't too big, where things could quite easily go to his head.

Although, I would hope he has matured a bit since he left us, as he has/had the potential to be a top European player.

Thing about N'zogbia is that he needs to be the 'star' in the team, I imagine, or else he would throw a shitfit/tevez and you have to sell him. He was always pretty temperamental at us, but he is a very good player, but plays in quite a contrasting style to Downing imo, if you want a pacy winger with a cracking shot, go for N'zogbia, if you want a more cultured winger with a good crossing ability, go for Downing, both are pretty awesome at set pieces also.

Or just call him insomnia, then he has a mahoosive shitfit. :)

If he was at a bigger club, I can see him having issues settling, although, considering Villa have sold Young, I could see him going there and playing a similar role to Young, and Villa aren't too big, where things could quite easily go to his head.

Although, I would hope he has matured a bit since he left us, as he has/had the potential to be a top European player.

Can't believe a Newcastle fan is defending Stewart Downing...

Actually defending him so well I don't even need to say a word ;)

Can't believe a Newcastle fan is defending Stewart Downing...

Actually defending him so well I don't even need to say a word ;)

I have always liked him, Johnson and Wheater, for some reason. :)

Just think it's too easy to bash on a player like Downing, I think he has improved so much over the last few years, he deserves to get some credit.

North East Players Would Make A Pretty Sick Team If They Ever Got Together To Be Fair:

LW Downing ST Carroll RW Johnson

CM Henderson CM Morrison

DM Cattermole

LB Steven Taylor CB Wheater CB Woodgate RB Parnaby

GK Turnbull/Harper

Why do we only produce good CB's and no full backs? :S

I could have filled it if I included Leeds in the North East but I still class Sunderland, Newcastle and Boro as NE clubs...

+Chris Brunt as well but he couldn't get a look in on the wing.

Last edited:
@DuckerTheTimes - Nasri is preparing to inform Wenger he wants to leave #AFC in knowledge that #MUFC have made a formal bid of about £20m

United's formal bid of around £20m for Nasri actually went in about a fornight ago #MUFC #AFC

Anyone put out that despite Mata's statement a few days ago Graham Hunter tweeted this afternoon that more than one BPL club is negotiating with Valencia CF for him?

Also Kiko has joined Barcelona from Hercules in a deal worth around 3.5 million euros in total.

Juan Mata's agent is in England apparently and is negotiating a deal to either AFC or LFC,

Tweet went something like:
''EPL Clubs negotiating over Mata'' then he mentioned his agent and said he was talking to LFC/AFC in particular.

Sounds like the move is on to me, but Mata's statement last week would then make no sense at all...Confusing modern day footballers I guess.

Anyone put out that despite Mata's statement a few days ago Graham Hunter tweeted this afternoon that more than one BPL club is negotiating with Valencia CF for him?

Also Kiko has joined Barcelona from Hercules in a deal worth around 3.5 million euros in total.

Juan Mata's agent is in England apparently and is negotiating a deal to either AFC or LFC,

''EPL Clubs negotiating over Mata'' then he mentioned his agent and said he was talking to LFC/AFC in particular.

Sounds like the move is on to me, but Mata's statement last week would then make no sense at all...Confusing modern day footballers I guess.

Can't believe Mata's even considering going to Aldershot.

While I admit, I'd like to see Stewart Downing at Liverpool, because it's what we need, I hope we don't bow down to the £19M asking price. We need to play hard ball (much like we have over Adam - rather he stayed at Blackpool though tbh) over the fee, because if we don't, clubs are going to start demanding ridicolous fee's from us, and we'll say yes.

I also pray that Mata's agent is over here talking to Liverpool.

While I admit, I'd like to see Stewart Downing at Liverpool, because it's what we need, I hope we don't bow down to the £19M asking price. We need to play hard ball (much like we have over Adam - rather he stayed at Blackpool though tbh) over the fee, because if we don't, clubs are going to start demanding ridicolous fee's from us, and we'll say yes.

I also pray that Mata's agent is over here talking to Liverpool.

The sellings clubs are also playing hardball, Villa don't need to or want to sell their best player

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Sounds like Valencia need the money after other signings, and him staying loyal keeps the price up. Think he would have been happy to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back