Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
liverpool agree fee with blackpool for adam SSN was wondering when this was going to happen

Doni's agent Ovidio Colucci tells PA: "We have to ratify details with #Roma-if completed, will join #lfc on a free & sign a 2-year deal."

dont know why Liverpool want Downing, i think hes the most over rated english player out there and one of the most over rated players in the premier league. Should go for N Zogbia, hes twice as good.

dont know why Liverpool want Downing, i think hes the most over rated english player out there and one of the most over rated players in the premier league. Should go for N Zogbia, hes twice as good.

stats dont back that up at all

We are looking for a good winger to compliment Andy Carroll - it doesn't have to be Downing. If Villa want him that badly they can keep him. Comolli will have other options lined up hopefully.

Barcelona interested in Jose Enrique. Although the training pictures released today would suggest he is happy enough at Newcastle.

Stewart Downing's transfer fee is ******* ridiculous, read it yesterday, its like paying £10m for Barry! these two must be the shittest footballers on the face of the planet... honestly!! its pathetic!

Giorginio Wijnaldum joins rivals PSV from Feyenoord as well, not sure if that was covered...

Bit harsh to call Downing one of the shittest footballers on the planet, he's definitely over-rated though. If I was Dalglish I'd just pay the £9M for N'Zogbia...

You cannot judge everything on stats tbf.

? You can certainly judge most of the important things like crossing, key passes, successful direct balls. All things Liverpool are looking for in a left winger, all areas Downing trumps N'zogbia

? You can certainly judge most of the important things like crossing, key passes, successful direct balls. All things Liverpool are looking for in a left winger, all areas Downing trumps N'zogbia

Meh, i would rather sign N Zogbia simply because i consider him more tricky and more dangerous. Guess thats just because i prefer that in a winger.

Meh, i would rather sign N Zogbia simply because i consider him more tricky and more dangerous. Guess thats just because i prefer that in a winger.

He is the better dribbler, but they are looking for a flying intelligent crosser, and thats Downing

Barcelona interested in Jose Enrique. Although the training pictures released today would suggest he is happy enough at Newcastle.

Will be very difficult to keep him. Pardew admitted that much, although he hinted that he expected a bid from Arsenal for him. He wants CL Football (Acc. to Pardew) and we're meant to be very interested.

just heard on SSN that charlie adams transfer could be less than 7m and athletico have said aguero will not be leaving this summer YEAH RIGHT also wes brown is at sunderland agreein personel terms on a transfer deal and gervinho is having medical at arsenal today and stoke close to agreeing deal for dann and jerome just got to agree terms with players all on SSN

just heard on SSN that charlie adams transfer could be less than 7m and athletico have said aguero will not be leaving this summer YEAH RIGHT also wes brown is at sunderland agreein personel terms on a transfer deal and gervinho is having medical at arsenal today and stoke close to agreeing deal for dann and jerome just got to agree terms with players all on SSN

,.?!

Are all punctuation marks, please use them. I almost choked to death gasping for air trying to read all of that.

On SSN that Porto Striker Hulk has offered a thinly-veiled plea for Chelsea to come and get him ... no way anyone is going to meet his release clause so unless he really forces a move through, cant see this happening

Thats not at all come and get me plea. He said his desire is to see out the contract. Only Chelsea can match the clause but his head is set on Porto. I dont see how is that a plea..

Zog and Downing are two different players. N'Zogbia's more direct, likes to come inside more and create as well as get down the outside, as well as being quicker and a better dribbler. Downing's more intelligent, more of an actual winger, better technically all-round, and better at set-pieces. N'Zogbia's more of an Ashley Young-type player than a Downing, and as such Downing would probably suit Liverpool more.

P.S Downing is better than Young, Raikan. ;)

its not an argument, I am stating a fact :)

Saying someone is an average player, in it self, is opinion. Also, making that statement with no stats/facts/anything to back it up, is quite laughable.

Considering Downing has just had a pretty awesome season, although I imagine his media coverage is much lower than that of someone in the top 6, considering he is 26, going into his prime, I don't see how, or why, Villa would accept anything under £16/17m. He isn't slow, has a good cross on him and can finish pretty well also. I could see why say.. United or Man City wouldn't want him, but compared to Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs's wingers, he is well up there. Apparently Arshavin could leave Arsenal for £12m, now, I am not being funny, but he was ******* awful last season. Lennon for Spurs, quick, but the end product of a blind disabled mouse. Malouda was good last season, but apart from that, Chelsea don't have any great wingers, but they don't play with them, so it's a pretty mute point. Liverpool have.. Kuyt? Maxi?.. urm.. ok.. so Kuyt is naturally a striker, sure he works hard.. but he's not as good technically as Downing, I wouldn't say he was as good on the wing, but he does a good enough job considering it's not his natural position, Maxi is alright, but I think Liverpool need someone with a good crossing ability if they are looking to maximise the potential goal scoring of Carroll.

So yeah, anyway, Downing would be a good addition to any of these teams, if they play with wingers anyway (so not chelsea), so why should he go for less than £15m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back